CONFIRMED Ryan Leonard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No need - you've summarised perfectly in a sentence , indeed with your final word !

595.gif

Does him playing actually mean anything?

Southend don't want to sell, so why would they not play him?

Suspect that's the end of this one.

If the player was going they wouldn't risk an injury, like we didnt with che last year - was obvious we werent risking playing him even while publicly knocking back bids.

Would be nice to still bring him in but less of a concern now we have at least one CM over the line.

Hoo ray, we walked away.
Let him rot, looking for that top spot.
That spot he won't get,
and will now forever regret.
We didn't pay what Rug Ron asked,
so Ryan my son your time has passed.
Believe a wig will achieve your dream?
Not all hair styles are what they seem.

Fuck him. -sorry shit rhyme and metre but just fancied it.

Him playing tonight means shit all. Still confident we'll win this battle this transfer window.

He played the full 90 tonight. I'll be kind and say he looked disinterested for the entire game. What does that mean, I don't have a clue. I cant believe he would have be allowed to play if you had made another big bid which we had accepted, or were considering. So either the rumour of a bid is untrue, or you haven't made it yet. Worse still, you've bid, Ron said no and we're going to get a half cock Lenny as a result. Take your pick. Brighton gave us a pretty thorough 0-3 whacking by the way. FL1 play-offs here we come. Woo Hoo.

He played the full 90 tonight. I'll be kind and say he looked disinterested for the entire game. What does that mean, I don't have a clue. I cant believe he would have be allowed to play if you had made another big bid which we had accepted, or were considering. So either the rumour of a bid is untrue, or you haven't made it yet. Worse still, you've bid, Ron said no and we're going to get a half cock Lenny as a result. Take your pick. Brighton gave us a pretty thorough 0-3 whacking by the way. FL1 play-offs here we come. Woo Hoo.

Alan Knill interview summary tonight:

Moore not as bad as first thought, not likely to start season
Still ongoing re Leonard
Looking for a keeper, not there yet
Brooks part of squad
we are forward thinking - we can do better
Baldock/Evans Hanson should all be fit for start - Thomas not injured
Brayford and Done still here, can be used if needed
Lundstram great competition for middle of park
Wilder couldn't be arsed talking tonight

I don't take any pleasure in saying it but I'm afraid I did say this might happen. At least in the short term.
Your Chairman has allegedly gone back on an agreement to sell once a price was matched, and the player has made it perfectly clear he wants to move.
It is a recipe for half arsed performances, and that to cause unrest and disruption in the squad if he plays ahead of a player totally committed to the club.

If your chairman has told him he's going nowhere then expect him to try force the move with that kind of performance. At worst he ends up training on his own, but to be honest no club outside the premier league can really afford to let an asset depreciate to nothing and continue to pay him with nothing coming in return.

He certainly won't want to risk injury and scupper a move. So at best he might carry on his sulking for the first few months of the season, and then his professionalism will kick back in and he will crack on til January.

Delighted we're (seemingly) being so persistent with this one.

Got the feeling that a switch to the Lane would transform Lenny into Leonardo..

I suspect that Ron 'the chairman' has never been Ron 'the footballer' and while he has every right to deny Leonard the opportunity to leave and play at a higher level,it is a big mistake.The big problem is not only that it will affect Leonards performances,as it surely will,it is that the rest of the Southend players will have great sympathy for his situation,after all he is 'one of them' they know that Ron is wrong and they know how they would feel if it was them.

I suspect that Ron 'the chairman' has never been Ron 'the footballer' and while he has every right to deny Leonard the opportunity to leave and play at a higher level,it is a big mistake.The big problem is not only that it will affect Leonards performances,as it surely will,it is that the rest of the Southend players will have great sympathy for his situation,after all he is 'one of them' they know that Ron is wrong and they know how they would feel if it was them.

True, but was he Ron Manager?

Ron-Manager-isn_t-it.jpg

If he's playing poorly and gradually getting nearer to the end of his contract, we'll surely start making smaller bids? ;-)

People criticise board for delays etc, other deals have been completed. Maybe Southend chairman just being awkward.

To be honest we've been buying players, yes not spending millions per player but be interesting to see how much we spend in comparison to the league.

Oh, has Leonard not signed yet!?????..........
Shame!

The board ain't "penny pinching" , Wilder is in control of his budget

If it weren't for the fact that Tufty has said as much repeatedly and emphatically you'd be accused of pretending to be his mate and 'have his ear', furry though it is.

In fairness to Sirius, he's not an agenda merchant, so it's probably frustration rather than the usual malice.

Back
Top Bottom