CONFIRMED Ryan Leonard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

i hope your right about Evans, I want them all to get 30 goals! I want us to do well. Don't mean to be negative. I'm just concerned. Even Wilder knows we need to step up in the transfer market, watch his interview.

I got the impression from CWs interview on sky last night that he was a little bit frustrated with how the tranger dealings are going. He seemed to imply that he's done all he can and it's now up to the money men to do their bit. He dI'd say on the radio that he had made presentations to the money men about the targets that he wants.

They way he talked about...we need players now...he mentioned that twice...and that we really need to step it up behind the scenes...I think he knows who he wants and he just wants things dome now so that they at least get a week or training with us before the 1st match of the season.

Time for the money men at Utd to earn their corn and finalise the business asap.

I got the impression from CWs interview on sky last night that he was a little bit frustrated with how the tranger dealings are going. He seemed to imply that he's done all he can and it's now up to the money men to do their bit. He dI'd say on the radio that he had made presentations to the money men about the targets that he wants.

They way he talked about...we need players now...he mentioned that twice...and that we really need to step it up behind the scenes...I think he knows who he wants and he just wants things dome now so that they at least get a week or training with us before the 1st match of the season.

Time for the money men at Utd to earn their corn and finalise the business asap.

That's how I saw it Weasel and it was the first time I sensed a different tone from his usual upbeat interviews

Are we ignoring post #2273 for any particular reason?

No, I've already had a quick five knuckle shuffle and moved on. For the 5 seconds that we were an item (me and the bird in the piccie) we were good together. But then I thought the lazy cow can't even be arsed to make the bed post coital and it looks like she likes to leave the lights on in different rooms when she's clearly not using them. As a true Yorkshire man, the lights things pushed me over the edge and I saw no future for us together post my ham shank. I would be spending my hard earned free time walking about after miss lazy turning off the lights in the house.

Its best if we don't see each other again, so goodbye post 2273.

WeOxESb.gif

I must admit - I didn't see the relevance of post 2273 to this thread. But it makes a jolly nice interlude - time to grab my hot dog I think.

hqdefault.jpg

An hour from now, you'll wish you had one!

That's how I saw it Weasel and it was the first time I sensed a different tone from his usual upbeat interviews

This available online anywhere?

The board are clearly waiting to sell Brooks before sanctioning any more signings.

How in gods name have you come to that conclusion, some people just life their lives in a dark place by choice, how's about embracing his good it us to be a Bkade at the moment

How in gods name have you come to that conclusion, some people just life their lives in a dark place by choice, how's about embracing his good it us to be a Bkade at the moment

Got to admit it mate, you are a miserablist where the Blades are concerned. You may feel comfortable repeating the same weary vision of life at t'Lane, but it's accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

Wilder 'sounded downbeat ' according to posters above I was merely pointing out a rationale reason why this maybe.

This time last year I said we'd sell Che Adams and DCL and was accused of being a 'defeatist'

I'm suggesting that Brooks getting sold may happen, and that may help us buy more players.

Doesn't mean I'm miserable far from it if we get some dosh for someone who's barely played league football and the board again think short term I'm down with it.

Where's Lenny?

He's got 79 minutes under his belt so far at Ebbsfield United.

Wilder 'sounded downbeat ' according to posters above I was merely pointing out a rationale reason why this maybe.

This time last year I said we'd sell Che Adams and DCL and was accused of being a 'defeatist'

I'm suggesting that Brooks getting sold may happen, and that may help us buy more players.

Doesn't mean I'm miserable far from it if we get some dosh for someone who's barely played league football and the board again think short term I'm down with it.
You would think the £5m from the Walker sale would fund more signings and avoid the need to sell Brooks - but maybe McCabe has already pocketed that for his Don Valley project.

So much anger over a comment on a message board, perhaps it's not me that needs to review matters?

I know, I know. But anyway when you have taken time out to think about your life can you do me a favour and think about mine please? It's raining there at the moment and the chicken of depression has just landed on the windowsi

I'm suggestingif we get some dosh for someone who's barely played league football and the board again think short term I'm down with it.

The thing Is though every season spent in league 1 was killing the club.
We were so desperate to get out of the 3rd tier that to be fair "short term planning" WAS the priority.

Selling Adams and DCL might prove mistakes in the long term
But they were both brilliant pieces of business in the short term.

Now we're in the 2nd tier we can afford to think more long term.

I'm confident we'll reject anything around 1 million for Brooks.
It's a totally different ball game now. We aren't so desperate any more.
But like every club in world football if a club makes a stupid bid for one of our players then I would expect any good business to sell whilst the price is high and reinvest to improve the team.

The thing you need to understand is that every season spent in league 1 was killing the club.
We were so desperate to get out of the 3rd tier that to be fair "short term planning" WAS the priority.

Selling Adams and DCL might prove mistakes in the long term
But they were both brilliant pieces of business in the short term.

Now we're in the 2nd tier we can afford to think more long term.

I'm confident we'll reject anything around 1 million for Brooks.
It's a totally different ball game now. We aren't so desperate any more.

Well time will tell but I'd suggest a 1 million quid bid will see him on his way

Well time will tell but I'd suggest a 1 million quid bid will see him on his way

I respect your opinion, you could be right but I'd be in shock if we accepted anything around 1 million.
It wouldn't make any sense whichever slant you put on it and McCabe is very good at putting a positive slant on player sales.

My understanding is we're a totally different club financially to the one over the last 5 years.
We can now afford to have one eye towards the future.
My view is It would need to be £3 million with generous add ons before we start considering a bid.
Remember he's done virtually nothing yet so it would still be a gamble for the buying club.

How confident are you?

I just think a bid like we received for the 2 Young players last year and he'd be off.

I'd love nothing more than the club saying "he's not for sale"

But it's not what we do.

My view is, and always has been, short termism has blighted our history. I long for the day we look at the bigger picture, for example we didn't have to sell Kyle Walker when we did he didn't want to leave we could have said no. There are countless other examples where we could have said no but didn't.

Don't come back with the 'but if players want to go' recent history is littered with examples of clubs keeping players that clubs have bid for, Charlton being one.

I accept sometimes bids are to good but the fact is we often seemingly don't put up a fight to incoming bids.

Back
Top Bottom