Rumours

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There's one circulating that my surgery want to send me to Fat Lads Bootcamp after my blood test indicated I'm at a higher risk of Diabetes but I can confirm that it's not called Fat Lads Bootcamp at all.
Is it called the "Mousset home for the cholesterolically challenged"?

Call me old fashioned but shouldn’t the shortlist have been drawn up before the transfer window ?
It should but seen as nobody has been sold or given away we don't need a short list.

We’re got this new, high sophisticated business model where we rely on the Academy and run ourselves sustainably.

Aka we’re skint and we need to unearth a decent youngster once a year and sell him.

We’re got this new, high sophisticated business model where we rely on the Academy and run ourselves sustainably.

Aka we’re skint and we need to unearth a decent youngster once a year and sell him.
You don't know that. The plan is super secret 👀👀

Looks like Hecky is trying to get a player in from overseas

"We have been looking overseas," he told Yorkshire Live.

"There has been a lot of work done over the two months that I have been here, a hell of a lot of work.

"We have got into some good positions with players and hopefully we can get one in.

"It would be through no lack of effort and we will just keep trying and trying."

"There has been a lot of work done over the two months that I have been here, a hell of a lot of work.

"We have got into some good positions with players and hopefully we can get one in.

"It would be through no lack of effort and we will just keep trying and trying."

They make signing a player seem like it's a dark art that is mentally and physically grueling work.

If they're being forced to look for players overseas it suggests that recruitment is being headed up by Van Winkle and if his track record of Verrips, Zivkovic, Retsos and Olsen is anything to go by then we truly are f****d.

They make signing a player seem like it's a dark art that is mentally and physically grueling work.

If they're being forced to look for players overseas it suggests that recruitment is being headed up by Van Winkle and if his track record of Verrips, Zivkovic, Retsos and Olsen is anything to go by then we truly are f****d.
The last line is also slightly concerning. Sounds at bit like getting your excuses in early and laying the groundwork for the narrative on deadline day when a few last minute deals fall through.

The last line is also slightly concerning. Sounds at bit like getting your excuses in early and laying the groundwork for the narrative on deadline day when a few last minute deals fall through.
Thought exactly the same. Why mention the failure to get things across the line at this stage of proceedings?

Every time I see Heckingbottom quoted I imagine his voice as sounding like Bob Mortimer doing Steve McClaren on Athletico Mince.

Thought exactly the same. Why mention the failure to get things across the line at this stage of proceedings?
I don’t know seems weird especially when most of the fan base before the window started would’ve seen getting a CB in as a successful window we now need a keeper as well but that’s their own doing. It’s not like anyone was expecting a big window

The release of the two back up Keepers has apparently saved us some £50k / week in wages
I woukd expect us to be able to pick up a replacement back up keeper for 5k and then bring in a new first choice next season when the market is easier.
10 - 15k should be sufficient to bring in a new CB leaving us with a contribution of £30k / week for overheads.
I expect Any other signings will be strictly one in one out.
Next summer will see a massive turnaround of players who have reached the end of their contracts and the likes of Freeman who have contributed nothing will be moved on.
Recruitment next summer is obviously vitally important and hopefully we concentrate on young players who want to play for the club as opposed to steal wages.

Star apparently reporting that we are after some "furiners"

If so then we seriously need to up our game after the failures of Retsos, Zivkovic, and the wanky Swede.

Bring back the 90's recruitment team who brought in overseas signings like Borbokis, Nilsen, Flo, Dellas, Marcelo, Katchuro and Tebily.

How have we gone backwards from 30 years ago from recruiting overseas players when it seems so much easier now.

If so then we seriously need to up our game after the failures of Retsos, Zivkovic, and the wanky Swede.
Wouldn't it be a treat if we sign a player from abroad and he (a) is good and (b) starts playing well immediately. When did that last happen? Borbokis?

He's learned the Sheffield United manager transfer window spiel.

Lets hope the fax machine works.

Alright looking for overseas tbh. But recruitment needs to be better

Wouldn't it be a treat if we sign a player from abroad and he (a) is good and (b) starts playing well immediately. When did that last happen? Borbokis?
The other ones you could maybe make a case for might be Nade or Carney but certainly not Borbokis levels. I liked Carney despite most people not seeming to be a fan. Nade was great in a couple of games but that was about it.

We had Shelton and Fathy too but neither pulled up any trees either.

If so, it would also be worth questioning what Paul Mitchell is being paid for. Is he overseeing that part of the scouting / recruitment network or is that done by others?

It's just lazy recruitment isnt it.
I had high hopes for Coubilay that we would get back the player ready to play in our first team. However it looks like we will never get to even see him enter Shirecliffe.

If we are skint then surely we need to be more creative in our approach to recruitment?

Back
Top Bottom