Ronnie Edwards

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SouthStandGBlock

Reaction score
Despite being in a defence that shipped 5 goals tonight, I thought he played really well. He's only 19 I think, and he'd be a good investment for the future. Looks to have all the attributes.

If we had any money, he'd be worth a gamble IMO.

Despite being in a defence that shipped 5 goals tonight, I thought he played really well. He's only 19 I think, and he'd be a good investment for the future. Looks to have all the attributes.

If we had any money, he'd be worth a gamble IMO.
I agree although he’s apparently on a lot of Prem radars. The usual suspect Spurs and Chelsea were being linked in Jan presumably in an effort to do their usual buy em and stash em routine.

We won’t be able to compete financially with them but we might be able to put a better pitch together for him and offer him a clearer route to first team football.

He'll be bought by a larger Prem club e.g. Spurs and be paid £30k/week, struggle to break through beyond their U23s barring a couple of Carabao Cup bench appearances, be loaned in a couple of years to someone like Swansea, reappear on here, transfer to Bristol City and then play lower Champ level for the remainder of his career

Shame as I actually thought he did ok against that big lump last night.

He'll be bought by a larger Prem club e.g. Spurs and be paid £30k/week, struggle to break through beyond their U23s barring a couple of Carabao Cup bench appearances, be loaned in a couple of years to someone like Swansea, reappear on here, transfer to Bristol City and then play lower Champ level for the remainder of his career

And yet the FA commissions a new study into why more top English players aren’t being produced every other year and the conclusion always seems to be further empowerment of the big 6. If anything is crying out for reform it’s that old boys club.

Me and my old man pointed him out a lot last night. There were some awful defending, but he looked solid and promising. A proper defender.

And yet the FA commissions a new study into why more top English players aren’t being produced every other year and the conclusion always seems to be further empowerment of the big 6. If anything is crying out for reform it’s that old boys club.

Exactly that Yogi - the pulling power of joining a big club and the £££ that come with it is understandably tempting to young players, their reps and their families.

Get a decent U23s contract with someone like Chelsea and you're made for life.

Far fewer players, other than those not caught by a Prem club's scouting net) prefer the opportunity to gain more experience via playing regularly at a lower level (other than on loan). Maguire is a good example - playing first team football regularly from ~18. I'm not convinced he'd still be at Man Utd if he'd gone there as a 13 year old.

Funnily enough I've heard he's off to Spurs in the summer. His uncle is a regular in my brothers bar. ITK at last!

Exactly that Yogi - the pulling power of joining a big club and the £££ that come with it is understandably tempting to young players, their reps and their families.

Get a decent U23s contract with someone like Chelsea and you're made for life.

Far fewer players, other than those not caught by a Prem club's scouting net) prefer the opportunity to gain more experience via playing regularly at a lower level (other than on loan). Maguire is a good example - playing first team football regularly from ~18. I'm not convinced he'd still be at Man Utd if he'd gone there as a 13 year old.
I think Maguire is a decent comp for Edwards in terms of career trajectory he’s got lots of experience now at league one level as a teenager he now needs that bridge move for 3/4 years before hopefully getting that top move in his mid 20’s as he’s coming into his prime.

Funnily enough I've heard he's off to Spurs in the summer. His uncle is a regular in my brothers bar. ITK at last!

Proceed with caution HG1 - you'll be slated on here should it not happen for any reason with your sources questioned/slagged off and be accused of BS and an attention seeker! :)

Not sure I'd sign anyone from Peterborough as their chairman will broadcast the interest all over twitter and drive the price up.

Sounds like an old East End gangster. Gerrimin!

Without wanting to stick up for the big clubs, if he ends up as a Championship player then it’s because that’s his ability level.

Players do come through the academies at top clubs and become first team regulars.

Without wanting to stick up for the big clubs, if he ends up as a Championship player then it’s because that’s his ability level.

Players do come through the academies at top clubs and become first team regulars.

I agree in part. I'd also say that some players' development can be stifled by lack of opportunities at senior level and that some may end up eventually playing at a higher level if they were exposed to regular games at lower levels.

Yes, some lads are good enough to break through at the parent clubs but take the hundreds of lads that Chelsea have had on their books as Yr 1, 2, 3 + pros that haven't.

There's no wat we'd be able to sign Edwards on our free transfer and loan model. Edwards will sign for a PL club and then go out on loan to the Championship I'd have thought. When we do spend money this summer I would expect it will be on players who are ready to compete in the first team, starting or as a squad player. Sadly that means we miss out on promising younger players because we can't afford to develop expensive assets essentially when we've got a limited budget.

I’m not going to lie lads I didn’t see a single good player in that posh side. Thought they were the worst side I’ve ever seen, genuinely 🤣

I’m not going to lie lads I didn’t see a single good player in that posh side. Thought they were the worst side I’ve ever seen, genuinely 🤣
However, I did think that Ricky Jade-Jones wasn’t too bad when he came on, only player to take someone on and beat them successfully the whole game

Back
Top Bottom