Incoming? Ronaldo Vieira

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Only Sheffield united would put all there efforts into an injured/unfit player. Laughable when you consider all the effort of getting him here plus quarantine
What if his injuries have passed the medical just fine and a heart condition has been identified, or something that would only be found on a full body physical exam?
Another sport I know but there was an NBA player last year who by chance got traded and on his physical there was a cancerous mass found in its early stages on his kidney that would probably not have been identified for months. My point is these medicals can find the most unexpected thing that causes it to fail. The meltdown and attack on the club if it is true is just stupid

What if his injuries have passed the medical just fine and a heart condition has been identified, or something that would only be found on a full body physical exam?
Another sport I know but there was an NBA player last year who by chance got traded and on his physical there was a cancerous mass found in its early stages on his kidney that would probably not have been identified for months. My point is these medicals can find the most unexpected thing that causes it to fail. The meltdown and attack on the club if it is true is just stupid
Yeh could be but still typical us.

I think you are reading into it too much, its just our luck we would go spend all this time on an injured player
I'm not reading too much into it, and not ignoring our bad luck, but the reaction, mud slinging and calls for someone to be given their P45, are nothing less than pathetic, all coming from people, like the rest of us, tgat gave no idea or any experience in what's involved in a transfer deal

What money wasted? You don't understand finances do you.
So you know for a fact the club paid for his flight from Italy, first class of course, his hotel while he isolated, his food bill, transport to the hotel, transport to London for the medical, you have seen the receipts?

What money wasted? You don't understand finances do you.
I guess I don't understand "finances" either because apart from possibly being out of pocket for the cost of a flight, a couple of weeks in a hotel (if he wasn't staying with his family who apparently live near Leeds), the cost of procedures relating to his medical at either Thornbury or Claremont and possibly a bit of food & drink (perhaps a max overall amount of£5k), I'm struggling to think of what other money has been wasted on trying to sign the player.

So you know for a fact the club paid for his flight from Italy, first class of course, his hotel while he isolated, his food bill, transport to the hotel, transport to London for the medical, you have seen the receipts?
That is how big business works.

Sampdoria are paying for all this 🤣

Why would they pay for our medical, staff wages etc?

You are proper nuts.

I'm not reading too much into it, and not ignoring our bad luck, but the reaction, mud slinging and calls for someone to be given their P45, are nothing less than pathetic, all coming from people, like the rest of us, tgat gave no idea or any experience in what's involved in a transfer deal
Im not calling for P45s just think the whole situation is amusing, typical of us.

I guess I don't understand "finances" either because apart from possibly being out of pocket for the cost of a flight, a couple of weeks in a hotel (if he wasn't staying with his family who apparently live near Leeds), the cost of procedures relating to his medical at either Thornbury or Claremont and possibly a bit of food & drink (perhaps a max overall amount of£5k), I'm struggling to think of what other money has been wasted on trying to sign the player.

Wish I could get away with wasting £5k at work.

Wish I could waste £5k

Please say if I'm wrong but I assume you don't personally turnover >£50m/annum. In the grand scheme of things for a company the size of Utd, that amount is a rounding error.
It would have been a far more significant and costly issue had he been signed and it then be discovered he was unable to contribute for whatever reason.

Sampdoria are paying for all this 🤣

Why would they pay for our medical, staff wages etc?

You are proper nuts.
Never claimed Sampdoria are paying, I don't know who paid, maybe Viera paid, maybe his agent had a deal with United, that once the deal was done all expenses will be covered, paid in full.
Thing is you don't know either, and yes maybe Sampdoria wanted him off their books, and paid.

The prince himself has just confirmed the medical was failed.
I’ve seen that but it is strange how it’s all come out like this with no official line from the club itself through either local or National media outlets?

I’ve seen that but it is strange how it’s all come out like this with no official line from the club itself through either local or National media outlets?
Not sure the club would make an official statement on a target failing a medical.Terence kongolo failed one with us last year and there was no statement.

They're still putting the not signing video together.

Can't make my mind up whether it's worth a press release from the club really, maybe a word from Slav after West Brom but not sure it needs the full twitter/official site etc

Not sure the club would make an official statement on a target failing a medical.Terence kongolo failed one with us last year and there was no statement.
When Slav and the club have been more or less saying he’s signing for a couple of weeks you’d think there’d be something put out there. I can’t remember Kongolo having this much interest?

They're still putting the not signing video together.

Can't make my mind up whether it's worth a press release from the club really, maybe a word from Slav after West Brom but not sure it needs the full twitter/official site etc
Sorry, my main point is, which I should’ve illustrated, is why is the Prince private messaging people on social media telling them that it’s failed? Very amateurish!

Two things can be true at once

One, it’s frustrating we’ve only made 1 signings when there are lots of gaping holes in the squad. Plenty of other business has been done in this division to date, and if we don’t make some moves soon it’s going to impact the season.

Two, it’s probably good we don’t sign someone and waste that money if there’s a medial issue.

Sorry, my main point is, which I should’ve illustrated, is why is the Prince private messaging people on social media telling them that it’s failed? Very amateurish!

Suppose. I quite like that he's that interested though, even if it comes across as a bit League 2.

Back
Top Bottom