CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m not giving him a free pass. I’m saying that it bears little relevance in assessing Brewster as a player. Sharp’s missed penalties, it doesn’t make him shit. The whole premise of arguing about a penalty miss on a thread about a player’s ability is just bollocks as far as I’m concerned. Meaningless. Criticise his lack of anticipation, his inconsistency, his sometimes poor first touch and I won’t comment because it’s there for all to see and how much he improves in the future is just speculation but banging on about a penalty like it has some greater meaning isn’t something that interests me.
Yet you still reply :)

I know mate. I was more referring to the post that said it was very harsh. Someone in Brewster’s position should be scoring plenty of goals and it’s not. He has to take some of the blame for that.

If he scores that, coupled with the fact he scored against Stoke, he probably starts tonight. As it goes he didn’t even come on.

He’s had plenty of chances and he’s not delivering.

Castration, Lobotomy, £500k fine and life ban would do it. Need to stop these backwards people breeding.

Castration, Lobotomy, £500k fine and life ban would do it. Need to stop these backwards people breeding.

Off topic, but I saw a comedy film, years ago, called Ideocracy, about a guy who is frozen and wakes up 100's of years later, when all the thick people left on Earth are running everything. Not laugh-out-loud funny, but more of a wry smile.

Please let it not be a Blade doing this. What’s wrong with people I really don’t get this, maybe it’s my age
Because there's 60million people in the country all with access to social media.

Bear in mind, statistically there will be 40 people at a United match who would be on the sex offenders register. So why it would be a surprise there would be someone of vile thinking to post things like this?

It stinks. But it will be around for ever. Some people hate and are evil, it's shit.

Because there's 60million people in the country all with access to social media.

Bear in mind, statistically there will be 40 people at a United match who would be on the sex offenders register. So why it would be a surprise there would be someone of vile thinking to post things like this?

It stinks. But it will be around for ever. Some people hate and are evil, it's shit.
I’m not surprised just really sad.

I think the criticism regarding his penalty is not stand alone but an addition to perceived shortfalls in his game in general and specifically the attributes or lack of that you mention.
All of which can be improved by quality coaching, and tactical deployment! Just saying. 🤗

All of which can be improved by quality coaching, and tactical deployment! Just saying. 🤗
Sadly I think both of the requisites you mention are currently absent at his workplace. As is the belief of his manager in him as proven by his lack of gametime.

There was that thing, wasn't there? Where players were doing a thing to keep reminding fans that racist abuse was still likely to happen all the time. But, the thing was criticised because fans felt that it was no longer necessary. Maybe we need the thing again....
We’ve heard the (thankfully resigned) Home Secretary claim it to be ‘her dream’ to see a plane heading to Rwanda to (illegally, I should add) deport refugees.

‘The thing’ as you call it, has probably never been more needed.

Heard some racist abuse towards our own players at Stoke recently. Reported anonymously to kick it out. Shocking to see this coming back into the game.

We have the sex offenders list, time for a racism offenders list. Name and shame them no matter the age and put it on their permanent record so everytime they try and go for a job everyone knows they're a racist asshole.
Those on Twitter etc are hiding behind a user name and a temporary email address.
The social media companies don't seem to do much about it.

There was that thing, wasn't there? Where players were doing a thing to keep reminding fans that racist abuse was still likely to happen all the time. But, the thing was criticised because fans felt that it was no longer necessary. Maybe we need the thing again....
Sides have been doing it during black history month. Not sure who or when. It's lost its moment I don't notice is just like I couldn't tell you if they have restarted pre match handshakes post covid.

If anything in recent weeks like this with Brewster and Toney it seems to drive out the racists.

Let's hope they can identify the idiot.

How hard can it be. Facebook is able to detect and ban within seconds when certain words are used.
The reach and influence of the platforms is huge. As an old duffer, I go on here, YouTube.
But look here too.

Within the wider sample, 83% said they used at least one social media platform every day.

Of those daily users, most reported using video-based platforms, with 39% saying that they were on TikTok for more than three hours a day.

Please let it not be a Blade doing this. What’s wrong with people I really don’t get this, maybe it’s my age

Get the point, I agree but Isn't there a level of naivity regards surprise.

When there's a population of 65 million, even if only 0.01% are disrespectful idiots, that's still a massive figure,
my point is there will always be racists in society in every community and amongst all races.

Also you only need to look at the abuse on this forum directed towards our players and manager, this gives clue to the type of people in society.

We can try to minimise it but it's natural for a small percentage of human beings that when they are frustrated or angry they say or write sorting that causes the most hurt.

Not sure it will ever be sorted unless we have zero tolerance policies and clear guidelines. However regards the guidelines who decides what abuse is acceptable, what is banter, what is crossing the line. Abuse tends to be a personal issue, so it's an evolving subject which effects people differently. Think the answer is to develop/ grow a culture of respect......however the problem is the media, tv, soaps, films etc etc constantly show that it's kind of cool to be disrespectful, be tough and even subtly abuse.

I'll give an example....on Talk Sport many years ago the early morning show was Alan Brazil and his colleague was Ian "The Moose" Abrahams who used to give his updates on the EFL. Alan Brazil used to deliberately talk over him, call him fat, and constantly belittle him whilst laughing. The radio listeners would class this as banter and enjoy the humour, but the banter was always 1 way. When ever anyone tried to belittle Brazil he would get aggressive and say he's going to punch them or kick them in to touch. So maybe bullying and abuse is part of British culture and whilst you have that then racism is a by product.

Get the point, I agree but Isn't there a level of naivity regards surprise.

When there's a population of 65 million, even if only 0.01% are disrespectful idiots, that's still a massive figure,
my point is there will always be racists in society in every community and amongst all races.

Also you only need to look at the abuse on this forum directed towards our players and manager, this gives clue to the type of people in society.

We can try to minimise it but it's natural for a small percentage of human beings that when they are frustrated or angry they say or write sorting that causes the most hurt.

Not sure it will ever be sorted unless we have zero tolerance policies and clear guidelines. However regards the guidelines who decides what abuse is acceptable, what is banter, what is crossing the line. Abuse tends to be a personal issue, so it's an evolving subject which effects people differently. Think the answer is to develop/ grow a culture of respect......however the problem is the media, tv, soaps, films etc etc constantly show that it's kind of cool to be disrespectful, be tough and even subtly abuse.

I'll give an example....on Talk Sport many years ago the early morning show was Alan Brazil and his colleague was Ian "The Moose" Abrahams who used to give his updates on the EFL. Alan Brazil used to deliberately talk over him, call him fat, and constantly belittle him whilst laughing. The radio listeners would class this as banter and enjoy the humour, but the banter was always 1 way. When ever anyone tried to belittle Brazil he would get aggressive and say he's going to punch them or kick them in to touch. So maybe bullying and abuse is part of British culture and whilst you have that then racism is a by product.
Not sure I’ve ever said I was surprised Sheff just very sad

We have the sex offenders list, time for a racism offenders list. Name and shame them no matter the age and put it on their permanent record so everytime they try and go for a job everyone knows they're a racist asshole.

There's a problem though. No one can define what a racist is.

What if the person sending the tweet was an 8 year old kid who is clueless, feeling lonely and just wants some attention. Should the young boy go on a list?
What if the boy sending the tweet was black, would that still be racist? What if the boy has autism?

I had a black colleague where I used to work and he asked me a question.
He explained that he recently had a really bad argument with a very close white friend and it was so bad they were nearly fighting.
The black guy said that he made personal insults to his friend, so the white guy called him "a stupid nig***r".
He said now that the dust has settled he's wondering if his white friend is a racist, apparently the white guy said he said it in the heat of the moment.
I told him I'd never say that but that because even if I'm really angry I still haver some control and would never make racists or deeply personal insults.
It's just not in me but I explained that being a racist should be more than just saying 2 or 3 words, especially if said in anger.

John Terry's defence was how can he be racist when he has black people in his family and has plenty of very close black friends.
Even Ashley Cole vouched for him and said Terry was a close friend, regularly been to predominately black parties and never showed any sign of racism.
I know a Jamaican who on at the odd occasions says very detrimental stuff and insults about Africans and I jokingly remind him that he's being racist, which is true.

Often thought that surely decades of knowledge from behavioural psychologists can get to the bottom of where racism comes from and why.
Instead of just saying "stop being racist", it's best to go all the way back to the root cause.
Why do some humans wants to be attached to groups? Why do humans feel this need to be more superior than their follow man? Do they feel inadequate?
Why do humans want to offload insults, abuse, racism when they feel frustrated and angry?

Then there's the issue of in order to push a worthy agenda....it's pushed too far.
So if a white person chooses not have black friends or even try Jamaican food that that must mean he's racist?
or what if a white person criticises a black person, says Brewster is a fast runner but not intelligent on the pitch and lazy, would that be racism?
To be honest communication tends to be personal so doing this on a forum is fraught with dangers.

Last edited:
There's a problem though. No one can define what a racist is.

What if the person sending the tweet was an 8 year old kid who is clueless, feeling lonely and just wants some attention. Should the young boy go on a list?
What if the boy sending the tweet was black, would that still be racist? What if the boy has autism?

I had a black colleague where I used to work and he asked me a question.
He explained that he recently had a really bad argument with a very close white friend and it was so bad they were nearly fighting.
The black guy said that he made personal insults to his friend, so the white guy called him "a stupid nig***r".
He said now that the dust has settled he's wondering if his white friend is a racist, apparently the white guy said he said it in the heat of the moment.
I told him I'd never say that but that because even if I'm really angry I still haver some control and would never make racists or deeply personal insults.
It's just not in me but I explained that being a racist should be more than just saying 2 or 3 words, especially if said in anger.

John Terry's defence was how can he be racist when he has black people in his family and has plenty of very close black friends.
Even Ashley Cole vouched for him and said Terry was a close friend, regularly been to predominately black parties and never showed any sign of racism.
I know a Jamaican who on at the odd occasions says very detrimental stuff and insults about Africans and I jokingly remind him that he's being racist, which is true.

Often thought that surely decades of knowledge from behavioural psychologists can get to the bottom of where racism comes from and why.
Instead of just saying "stop being racist", it's best to go all the way back to the root cause.
Why do some humans wants to be attached to groups? Why do humans feel this need to be more superior than their follow man? Do they feel inadequate?
Why do humans want to offload insults, abuse, racism when they feel frustrated and angry?

Then there's the issue of in order to push a worthy agenda....it's pushed too far.
So if a white person chooses not have black friends or even try Jamaican food that that must mean he's racist?
or what if a white person criticises a black person, says Brewster is a fast runner but not intelligent on the pitch and lazy, would that be racism?
To be honest communication tends to be personal so doing this on a forum is fraught with dangers.
Iv got a lot of brothers and sisters 4 of em are black and a lot more people.are racist than you think. Without saying anything they show prejudice by looks they give I noticed this from being.knee high how people would treat me (white) to my brother. My brothers a big lad and you can see how he makes people uncomfortable just by being around lol. Saying that I'm guilty of judging people on colour. For life of me I don't know why, but I'll happily walk threw a gang of white lads but feel on edge if I walk threw a big group of black lads I just can't help it.

Absolutely terrible today, like playing a man down

Yeah Sharp was a million times better. We should sell him. Every time Brewster gets the ball he just laughs and kicks it into a ball boys face.

Sell Brewster, extend Sharps contract. Do it now.

Because fuck me why not. He’s getting pelters on here, and now racist abuse too, and he’s a young lad who tries hard.

But because someone decided to pay £20m+ for him then he’s fair game.

Back
Top Bottom