CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I watched Brewster really carefully yesterday. He is quick once in his stride, but is slow off the mark, meaning that defenders get in front of him. When he did get the opportunity to push it past and use that pace, he checked back and cut inside and didn’t have the confidence to take them on. When we have the ball in midfield he doesn’t make runs showing where he wants the midfield to put it.
In short if he doesn’t take it to feet and shield like Billy does, he doesn’t latch into balls over the top because he is standing still, he doesn’t push and run and he hasn’t got great presence in the box, he isn’t a great forward and never will be.
Hecky summed it up in that he doesn’t “explode” with pace and I know they have been working on that in training and I have seen improvements at times, but not enough to make a difference.
Should have been a loan with a return option as he was unproven and Wilder’s “last desperate lob into the penalty area in extra time” in the transfer market didn’t pay off.
I think we wanted a loan but Liverpool refused, we now know why.
Hecky should sit him down a watch Pukkis performance yesterday, his movement was fantastic and he caused us all sorts of problems.

It should have been a loan and if it had we'd have sent him back at the end of the season and thought no more about him.
Because of the huge price tag the club clearly feel they need to try to get some value out of him.

He is apparently a nice lad and everyone wants him to do well including the fans. He is fitter than he has been before, but doesn’t read the game and it doesn’t fall for him. Yesterday Billy was putting his body in front of the man drawing fouls and it was this that got the atmosphere going. I agree he is reaching the end, but just sit at his feet and watch how he is fast over 5 yards, ghosts away from defenders hits it hard when he connects and gets up noses of forwards. I don’t think Brewster has taken enough in, because I don’t see any of that.

And now it’s time to wash our hands of Brewster. He’s been a complete waste of money. Liverpool must piss themselves laughing that they got £23 million out of us for him. Send him out on loan to the first suckers that want him, or stick him with the kids, just don’t let him anywhere near the first team ever again.

No one will know more than Brewster that he fucked up. The lad will be devastated, so I don’t feel the need to stick the boot in any further. I’d rather focus on the positives today. It’s not as if we haven’t had to cope without Brewster before.

All that Brewster has really done when fit is block minutes from younger players he isn’t better than. Had Will Lankshear still been here the academy/youth recruitment would’ve produced four strikers well within the length of Brewster’s contract that were all better options for the first team than a player we spent 23m on. The bar for being better than him is obviously fairly low so you have to question whether the minutes he got today would’ve better off going to Ryan One who might develop into yet another better option. It’s just not going to happen for him here i’m not really sure why we are still trying.

All that Brewster has really done when fit is block minutes from younger players he isn’t better than. Had Will Lankshear still been here the academy/youth recruitment would’ve produced four strikers well within the length of Brewster’s contract that were all better options for the first team than a player we spent 23m on. The bar for being better than him is obviously fairly low so you have to question whether the minutes he got today would’ve better off going to Ryan One who might develop into yet another better option. It’s just not going to happen for him here i’m not really sure why we are still trying.
This. He should not be getting minutes at this point. He’s not good enough and there’s no sign of any improvement whatsoever.

No one will know more than Brewster that he fucked up. The lad will be devastated, so I don’t feel the need to stick the boot in any further. I’d rather focus on the positives today. It’s not as if we haven’t had to cope without Brewster before.
For me he looks like someone who’s lost all confidence and ability to play football so is looking for anything that gets him out of having to step foot on a pitch. Not saying the injuries are made up but he strikes me as someone who seems arrogant/confident but actually inside is thinking “fuck me, I’m a millionaire and Utd have spent a fortune on me and I’m not good enough so what can I do to make sure I have an excuse for not being good enough or justifying all this”

Carlos Henrique Raposo (born 2 April 1963), commonly known as Carlos Kaiser, is a Brazilian con artist and former footballer who played as a striker.[citation needed] Although his abilities were far short of professional standard, he managed to sign for numerous teams during his decade-long career. He never actually played a regular game, the closest occurrence ending in a red cardwhilst warming up, and hid his limited ability with injuries, frequent team changes, and other ruses

can someone plant something incriminating on him so we can sack him off for gross miss conduct? ..

biggest waste of money I have ever seen..National Legaue player in two seasons.

can someone plant something incriminating on him so we can sack him off for gross miss conduct? ..

Michael Twiss/James Wilson? He can’t be far off or retirement

Bert saw him pull up in the car park a couple months ago, he parked across 2 spaces because his big fat Aston Martin was too wide to fit in one space.

He won't have that problem in a few years time.

He’s trying to impress & probably wanted to try and beat the player to the ball rather than actually tackle the player. He mistimed it completely.

I feel sorry for the lad. He’s been a complete waste of money & by far the worst player we’ve signed for ‘value for money’ but the price tag isn’t his fault.

I checked this thread about 10,000 times to see if we had signed him!

Back
Top Bottom