CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There is a top player in there IMO

There’s a reason the U21’s consistently start him ahead of nketiah & Balogun who os doing very well in France

Also the Turkish FA are trying to convince him to switch nationality so there clearly is a very good player in there

We won’t ever see that player unfortunately unless he starts every game

To start sharp at the weekend must have been a kick in the face to him and shows how poorly he is/has been managed

Well there will be if he's on a free.

OK then, that's what I've said..

Wouldn't you want to get the maximum from the deal, so if that's what happens brewster can expect a % of the deal as a signing on fee, and likely wages that we couldn't match.

And then the people giving him stick now, will go into meltdown won't they..

I know John Lundstram shit the bed before leaving, we let a £6m player walk out the door, on his game and motivated he's just what we need right now in midfield, but we wouldn't pay him...

Please focus on the bold typing if anybody is thinking of replying, I expect a few will, and I was glad to see the back of him in the end, some of the lazy shit he served up has meant nobody missed him....

But he (lunny) is used here only to make this point...

Wouldn't you want to get the maximum from the deal, so if that's what happens brewster can expect a % of the deal as a signing on fee, and likely wages that we couldn't match.

I know John Lundstram shit the bed before leaving, we let a £6m player walk out the door, on his game and motivated he's just what we need right now in midfield, but we wouldn't pay him...

Please focus on the bold typing if anybody is thinking of replying, I expect a few will, and I was glad to see the back of him in the end, some of the lazy shit he served up has meant nobody missed him....

Thanks for the stream of consciousness.

When he completes the term of his deal and if he decides to leave on a free for better wages, the same people saying we wasted our money will be on here calling him a traitor "etc"

It was a gamble, bet to survive a Premier league season and stop up, it failed... It was a cheap transfer fee in Premier league terms as was mcburnie...

Oh, and there will be plenty of clubs in the queue, just thought I'd mention that as well..
Ndiah was not signed to keep us in the premiership he was a young player who had been looked at by other clubs and not taken on by them,I think the opinions were! He's a ball juggler and not going to make it as a player.
How wrong can you be !
Wilder was manager at the time and he deserves credit for bringing him on board, infact he had him training with 1st team for a while.He was in dispute with the club at that time and after a cameo against Leicester he disappeared from the picture his contra ct the issue.
The Serb came in and spotted his talent (which was not surprising really)he signed a contract and got his chance.
He obviously beleaves in himself( and rightly so) .
A new contract is now needed before he moves on at the end of his deal.
He's a cool kooky and as I said beleaves in himself.
Can we get him on another deal ! Hopefully yes he has to be right at the top of the pecking order as there's no doubt top clubs will have noted his technic and ability ! He will be off!
No free transfers as he is under 24 ! Just wouldn't get what he's worth.
Get him signed up blades a lot more to come from this lad he obviously is entertainer as well as a potential great player.
Hecki did give him his head in the Leicester game and although he didn't shine in that game ( no surprise the way the team shaped up that day )He had spotted his potential that's when he disappeared due to contract issues ( that showed great beleaf in himself).
The Serb brought him into the squad ! We have to keep him !, can we!!
Hopefully Hecki can get him on board with another deal! As I said Ndiah has real beleaf in himself.He won't be kidded.

Ndiah was not signed to keep us in the premiership he was a young player who had been looked at by other clubs and not taken on by them,I think the opinions were! He's a ball juggler and not going to make it as a player.
How wrong can you be !
Wilder was manager at the time and he deserves credit for bringing him on board, infact he had him training with 1st team for a while.He was in dispute with the club at that time and after a cameo against Leicester he disappeared from the picture his contra ct the issue.
The Serb came in and spotted his talent (which was not surprising really)he signed a contract and got his chance.
Can we get him on another deal ! Hopefully yes he has to be right at the top of the pecking order as there's no doubt top clubs will have noted his technic and ability ! He will be off!
Get him signed up blades a lot more to come from this lad he obviously is entertainer as well as a potential great player.
Hecki did give him his head in the Leicester game and although he didn't shine in that game ( no surprise the way the team shaped up that day )He had spotted his potential that's when he disappeared due to contract issues ( that showed great beleaf in himself).
Hopefully Hecki can get him on board with another deal! As I said Ndiah has real beleaf in himself.He won't be kidded.
Sorry I sèem to be talking about a different player and not Brewster , no doubt Brewster has potential also

Are we all just getting on his back then or what? Seems a good number appear to think this will help?

Yes there is. They’re humans like the rest of us. We’re not perfect, we make mistakes and plenty of professional footballers miss penalties. Not usually as badly as fucking Waddle did in 90 WC, granted.
🤣🤣 Put you in front of 30k people in the last minute of a game full of tension & frustration. Similar thing happened to Bamford yesterday, I think Brewsters pen was much better than his but same outcome.
I’m not saying I’m puzzled as to why it happens. I’m saying there’s no excuse for it.

Besides, the counter point to that is I’ve taken one in the most important quarter final of my life. I hit the target.

Brewster should not only be used to it, as a more talented footballer he is more accurate and better at coping with pressure.

I know it happens, but I’m saying he’s paid a lot of money to hit the target from a free shot. Let’s not give him a free pass saying it “nearly went in” or it’s “ harsh to criticise”. It’s not good enough and he knows it himself.

Too much emphasis on Brewster fee, and the bloke who signed him.

When Sharp declines, and McBurnie gets injured/suspended again, Brewster will get his chance. Don’t give up on him too soon, the lad has goals in him for sure.

Lunny isn’t good enough for this team.

There is a top player in there IMO

There’s a reason the U21’s consistently start him ahead of nketiah & Balogun who os doing very well in France

Also the Turkish FA are trying to convince him to switch nationality so there clearly is a very good player in there

We won’t ever see that player unfortunately unless he starts every game

To start sharp at the weekend must have been a kick in the face to him and shows how poorly he is/has been managed

Turkey have been to watch him. That’s not the same thing.

He deserves more of a chance and I agree he’d be better if he didn’t have to rely on constant cameos. He’s not done enough so far with the chances he’s had though.

I’m not saying I’m puzzled as to why it happens. I’m saying there’s no excuse for it.

Besides, the counter point to that is I’ve taken one in the most important quarter final of my life. I hit the target.

Brewster should not only be used to it, as a more talented footballer he is more accurate and better at coping with pressure.

I know it happens, but I’m saying he’s paid a lot of money to hit the target from a free shot. Let’s not give him a free pass saying it “nearly went in” or it’s “ harsh to criticise”. It’s not good enough and he knows it himself.
I’m not giving him a free pass. I’m saying that it bears little relevance in assessing Brewster as a player. Sharp’s missed penalties, it doesn’t make him shit. The whole premise of arguing about a penalty miss on a thread about a player’s ability is just bollocks as far as I’m concerned. Meaningless. Criticise his lack of anticipation, his inconsistency, his sometimes poor first touch and I won’t comment because it’s there for all to see and how much he improves in the future is just speculation but banging on about a penalty like it has some greater meaning isn’t something that interests me.

I’m not giving him a free pass. I’m saying that it bears little relevance in assessing Brewster as a player. Sharp’s missed penalties, it doesn’t make him shit. The whole premise of arguing about a penalty miss on a thread about a player’s ability is just bollocks as far as I’m concerned. Meaningless. Criticise his lack of anticipation, his inconsistency, his sometimes poor first touch and I won’t comment because it’s there for all to see and how much he improves in the future is just speculation but banging on about a penalty like it has some greater meaning isn’t something that interests me.
I think the criticism regarding his penalty is not stand alone but an addition to perceived shortfalls in his game in general and specifically the attributes or lack of that you mention.

Very talented player, who's improving, working hard. Glory days will come.

Unfortunate penalty miss, I hope he takes the next (but it goes in!).

Billy Sharp has said multiple times how great a finisher Brewster is.
I fear we will be pushing up the daises before these glory days arrive

How wrong can you be !
Wilder would not play Ndiaya and would not offer him a suitable contract. Only when he left was Ndiaya offered terms and he subsequently signed making him what was widely quoted as being our best signing of that window.
Another Wilder classic

i'd wait before signing with the turkish national team. Look at Toney making his debut for England at 26 years old, and he didn't even reach the championship until he was 24yo. Things can happen quickly in football, a couple more years in young Rhian before we start writing him off

Serious point - what would you see as the positives in Brewster’s performance thus far?
Some good strikes, great run and pass to set up Khadra and similar run on Saturday which was only stopped by a foul.
Yes, his record to date in scoring is not great, but he was looking good when he was injured last season and looks good to me this season.
Being regularly picked for his age group England side suggests that others see talent in him.
However there has to come a time when that talent leads to regular goals and/or assists. Let’s see what he achieves this season.

Some good strikes, great run and pass to set up Khadra and similar run on Saturday which was only stopped by a foul.
Yes, his record to date in scoring is not great, but he was looking good when he was injured last season and looks good to me this season.
Being regularly picked for his age group England side suggests that others see talent in him.
However there has to come a time when that talent leads to regular goals and/or assists. Let’s see what he achieves this season.
I could never understand why sharp didnt get picked for england but i agree with you.. there is certainly a lot of talented young ones on the books at Sheffield. Future England stars.

To start be honest, I think a £25m price tag and a Liverpool background have papered over many people judgments, including those who should know better.

He packs a good shot, if and when he connects. He’s not fast, doesn’t cover enough ground, doesn’t look clever positionally or in the runs he makes, and obviously (and most important) has a really poor striking record.

I sat at the Ricoh - let’s hope he proves me wrong tonight if he gets the chance.

Back
Top Bottom