Retro kits available for preorder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Got myself the iconic fluoro shirt (agree that sleeves are about 2 inch too long) and umbro logo is on its way.
The seller of the logo is really insistent that these shouldnt be ironed at home, but instead a heat press should be used. Reason being that heat presses are more consistent.
So, I've seen loads of Blades wearing these with logos neatly in place and was wondering where they had theirs pressed on? Or did they chance it and iron them at home?

Got myself the iconic fluoro shirt (agree that sleeves are about 2 inch too long) and umbro logo is on its way.
The seller of the logo is really insistent that these shouldnt be ironed at home, but instead a heat press should be used. Reason being that heat presses are more consistent.
So, I've seen loads of Blades wearing these with logos neatly in place and was wondering where they had theirs pressed on? Or did they chance it and iron them at home?
I used a normal iron, tea towel over the logo and pressed on for a minute or 2 on full temperature with no steam. Let it rest for a minute then came off easily.

Yep in this country. Remember Boro away and I was in the home end. The opposite end - away end - looked like it was full of stewards, and the Boro MC said much the same!
That would have been Mark Page....ermm...

There’s a sportswear shop in Rotherham market that might be able to help with the number / Umbro badge if you don’t want to risk it at home.

Next one available to pre order, 1990-92 home shirt.

Next one available to pre order, 1990-92 home shirt.

The Batman Begins Original!

My first ever Blades shirt! I remember it coming in this thin carboard box which said Replica Kit on the front! I was so proud to wear it! I remember my dad driving along the M1 and I thought I've got to show it off so I opened the window in the back, took my shirt off and put the shirt as a flag with it waving in the wind! Sadly I hadn't out the window up enough and it blew off and I can still remember telling my dad to stop the car in the hard shoulder so I could try and get it as it was run over by the car behind! We;; at least I'm alive to tell the tale! I'll not be putting the retro one out of the window this time!

Been waiting for this one. Also my first shirt, although I was a tad older.

My first ever Blades shirt! I remember it coming in this thin carboard box which said Replica Kit on the front! I was so proud to wear it! I remember my dad driving along the M1 and I thought I've got to show it off so I opened the window in the back, took my shirt off and put the shirt as a flag with it waving in the wind! Sadly I hadn't out the window up enough and it blew off and I can still remember telling my dad to stop the car in the hard shoulder so I could try and get it as it was run over by the car behind! We;; at least I'm alive to tell the tale! I'll not be putting the retro one out of the window this time!

Other than a super thin striped stitch on badge number from Barnsley market, this was my first shirt too. And yes I remember the black cardboard box packaging. Found upstairs in Suggs on a low shelf beneath other team shirts rack. Memory lane ❤️ Fcking loved it!

Just a shame can't have umbro on it

Other than a super thin striped stitch on badge number from Barnsley market, this was my first shirt too. And yes I remember the black cardboard box packaging. Found upstairs in Suggs on a low shelf beneath other team shirts rack. Memory lane ❤️ Fcking loved it!

Just a shame can't have umbro on it
Says Chelsea but it's the correct font black Umbro label.

Anyone know the sizing of the retro range? I sit between L and XL in modern shirts but it'll be mail order so I need to get the right one.

I used a normal iron, tea towel over the logo and pressed on for a minute or 2 on full temperature with no steam. Let it rest for a minute then came off easily.
This.
I did the fluoro away shirt with a black Umbro, and the '92 strings home shirt with a yellow/black Umbro - both logos off eBay - both done with an iron. Press on. I used a handkerchief as the tea towel was too thick and didn't allow sufficient heat through.

But, pressing on for a prolonged period of time to get the necessary heat, left an imprint of the home shirt stripes on the ironing board cover! Didn't affect the shirt though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32483765...bgZTS5oRJKBLyTK58c1WSFfm0m|tkp:Bk9SR6KO9p3jYg

The Batman Begins Original!
I had that one at the time, then in the mid-2000s I had the bright idea of decorating in it. Covered in paint so threw it away. I still have the one before that though, with the thin red stripes and even thinner white.

Anyone know the sizing of the retro range? I sit between L and XL in modern shirts but it'll be mail order so I need to get the right one.
I am usually a large and I bought the 1989-90 bright yellow classic for the retro shirt and whilst it fits it's a tad on the tight side so I've gone XL on this one. I'd go XL.

Just received this from the Sheffield Retro shop, the Umbro logo is on its way off Ebay😉 20231016_170736.jpg
Quality is not bad, the white piping is printed on, not separate material like the original.
Probably not worth £50, but my first Blades track suit so had to have it.

I hope my post didn't cock it up for you as it did me! I bought an XL but it was too big so had to return it for the L size which is a tad too small but still a much better fit than the XL which was like a tent on me!

Noticed Forest have done a retro of their similar white 92 away kit, but not sure if we'll do one as ours had the Umbro logo in the pattern, bit like the 93/94 away shirt has.

Back
Top Bottom