"Replacements lined up"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maybe his wage demands were a stumbling block, I know they don't count but I'm just guessing.

Maybe he saw Ajax as a bigger club than us and with less chance of relegation.

Ultimately though our board are rubbish and have no ambition. ;)
Ambition yes, the finance to back it up no.

Let's be clear here, that the current owner could have issues passing the Championship fit and proper test (if not L1?) and that is even with the promotion TV money, following a full season within the prem.

read the full posts.

I did.

I just stated that I don't believe that the wages will be that high this time around

I thought actual facts from 3 years ago might be a better bet than your thoughts and assumptions.

Our wage bill 3 seasons ago was among the lowest in the PL, why might you think they will be lower this year ?

Another fact, from the ONS.

• Annual average regular pay growth for the private sector was 8.2% in April to June 2023; this is the largest annual growth rate seen outside of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic period.

I'll leave you to work out the potential additional wage cost if wages rose by 8.2% this year and the figures for the two previous years which I can't be arsed to research.

The goals will need to come from throughout the squad.

The season we got promoted under Warnock we had 13 players who scored.
Fair few last season also.

The notion that you have to have one or two strikers who score most of the goals is misguided.

F@@k me, some of us have got work in the morning. Where has could ever been fact (just take last season for your fact)?

I will answer the rest sometime tomorrow.

I've been frustratingly following these posts and our own Rumours Mill for these last weeks in the hope of some insight and some good news about our recruitment prospects
I've listened to the attention seeking itk ers, the ones with football knowledge, the obsessed regular posters and I've learned absolutely nothing that I can't find from Sky sports news after the event.
Today at a friend's family party I met an ex pro footballer who spoke to Hecky recently.
Basically, a hundred million of this years income has gone on servicing debt and there's nothing left for transfers.
I hope this info is wrong and we've got players incoming but I won't be expending any more time or emotional energy on this particular topic.

F@@k me, some of us have got work in the morning. Where has could ever been fact (just take last season for your fact)?

I will answer the rest sometime tomorrow.

I look forward to being enlightened further, goodnight.

I've been frustratingly following these posts and our own Rumours Mill for these last weeks in the hope of some insight and some good news about our recruitment prospects
I've listened to the attention seeking itk ers, the ones with football knowledge, the obsessed regular posters and I've learned absolutely nothing that I can't find from Sky sports news after the event.
Today at a friend's family party I met an ex pro footballer who spoke to Hecky recently.
Basically, a hundred million of this years income has gone on servicing debt and there's nothing left for transfers.
I hope this info is wrong and we've got players incoming but I won't be expending any more time or emotional energy on this particular topic.
Debt to who?

£100m debt from a bloke (if some of the payments are not to himself) tells you why he needs to go, because he cant personally finance debt like that without assistance and without EPL money.

I wasn't expecting to like-for-like replace a generational talent. I was expecting to sign at least one creative player and one with goal threat. The supply line and the finisher. We haven't.

I dont think the Prince realises that with everly loss he's losing atleast 2 million.Come the end of the season he'll be down 78 million with his valuation of the club.
We are obvoiusly looking to rebound the year after with the best the championship can offer.Lets just enjoy the prem and go again with a new owner/s.
Utb
..or stay up this year with the current owner ?

Don't worry about Ndiaye going, we've got a list of replacements lined up.

Think we all know now this was without doubt, bollocks.
Hamer became available that's only reason we signed him the problem is we mess around low balling bids I would have like akprom personally we seem to not want to go the extra mile to get players

Also Fulham are now in the same boat shopping for a striker Darren smith said we are now looking just at loans the whole transfer policy without the sale of both players was a shambles I love how people still think heckys been backed

How many did we loose last time we were relegated ?

If you get relegated with a huge debt and a huge wage bill you are forced to sell your assets to cover your liabilities.

We seem to be aiming for neither this time.

All those who were outraged last Christmas when we couldn't settle our debts, now seem to think we should go on a massive spending spree.

I'm baffled.
Surely staying up is more important imo stay up and get money go down with players in last of contract sell players too little money to replace players etc

Does anyone seriously think the clubs aim is to get relegated ?

Did the club aim to get relegated last time ?

This is what Leeds United spent on transfers last season.

Players in​

PLAYERFROMFEEDATE
Darko GyabiMan City U21£5,000,00004 Jul, 2022
Tyler AdamsRB Leipzig£20,000,00006 Jul, 2022
Luis SinisterraFeyenoord£21,000,00007 Jul, 2022
Sonny PerkinsWest HamFree19 Jul, 2022
Joel RoblesReal BetisFree09 Aug, 2022
Wilfried GnontoFC Zurich£3,800,00001 Sep, 2022
Max WoberRB Salzburg£10,000,00003 Jan, 2023
Georginio RutterHoffenheim£36,000,00014 Jan, 2023
Diogo MonteiroServetteUndisc.31 Jan, 2023
Total: £95,800,000

So they spent £ 96 million (just in transfer fees)

and got relegated.

Anyone interested in facts could look up their accounts at Companies house and find out how much this was costing them in wages !!!!.

Agents fees are another interesting, mouthwatering figure, as is the National Insurance and don't mention how much the interest on loans has risen. This last sentence alone probably comes in at over £ 20 million for the Blades this year.

So if you add up the 80 million+ in wages and bonuses to the 20 million above that's £ 100 million gone from your £ 130 million already.

Debt to who?

£ 80million + in wages.
National insurance.
Interest on loans.
Agents fees.

There's a 100 million debt for the year and that's just scratching the surface.

A debt is money owed, and we have contracts to pay these bills over the next 12 months.

Accountancy is a little more complex than 'we have 130 million coming in, gerrit spent on players transfer fees'.

Little wonder that so many new businesses go bankrupt in the first 5 years.

Startup Failure Rates

About 90% of startups fail. 10% of startups fail within the first year. Across all industries, startup failure rates seem to be close to the same. Failure is most common for startups during years two through five, with 70% falling into this category.2 Aug 2023

Does anyone seriously think the clubs aim is to get relegated ?

Did the club aim to get relegated last time ?
No, but the flip side of that is that club does not seem to be fully invested in being competitive, which it needs to be, to stay up.

No, but the flip side of that is that club does not seem to be fully invested in being competitive, which it needs to be, to stay up.

So how much debt is acceptable ?

Bearing in mind Leeds spent £ 100 million on transfer fees last season and had a £ 100 million wage bill.
Only to be relegated.

Though it's not 'our' money, so not our problem.

Have you bought a million pound house to show your ambition ?
Though a property at least retains it's value.

What has Brewster cost, £ 26 million in transfer and wages, where does the money come from to fund him ?
What is his current value ?

He may come good and score 10/15 goals which keeps us up - he may not.
There are those who think we should go and spend another £ 26 million, on another striker though.

Is that ambition or financial suicide, there has to be a balance of sense.

Or a new billionaire owner who has the odd £ 50/100 million every year, down the back of his sofa that he is happy to loose.

Bearing in mind Leeds spent £ 100 million on transfer fees last season and had a £ 100 million wage bill.
Only to be relegated.

What has Brewster cost, £ 26 million in transfer and wages, where does the money come from to fund him ?

There are those who think we should go and spend another £ 26 million, on another striker though.

Or a new billionaire owner who has the odd £ 50/100 million every year, down the back of his sofa that he is happy to loose.
You're focusing entirely on debt. Nothing about potential revenue. Stay in the PL for an extra season and it's another £100m + extra.

I agree that there has to be a balance, but spending next to nothing isn't going to help service our debt if we get relegated.

Don't spend on improving what you have and you'll go backwards.

You're focusing entirely on debt. Nothing about potential revenue. Stay in the PL for an extra season and it's another £100m + extra.

I agree that there has to be a balance, but spending next to nothing isn't going to help service our debt if we get relegated.

Don't spend on improving what you have and you'll go backwards.
Exactly the aim should be to stay up not like a half arsed well we tried like I said others go the extra mile we don't

Only to be relegated.

If we REALLY needed promotion to avoid dire straits then you also have to assume that throwing money around like a one day millionaire is just going to create an issue further down the road.

There is a good chance we go down. But if we do, we want to be in a stronger position to bounce back, not be in a position where we have assets but we basically have to sell everything that is not nailed down to keep the ship afloat.

Good thing is that there are a few good young lads simmering below the surface. The likes of Boyes and Arblaster as well as Neal, all playing in League One, well placed to step up. Hopefully they can take the place of Lowe, Fleck, Norwood even, should we decide to release the seniors and get wages down.

Maybe we also have to be patient and take our medicine a bit too. It's not normal that the manager finds himself without McBurnie, Brewster and Jebbison. I know some could argue it is! But the point being that most clubs won't have 3 strikers out at once. Add in Osula and Traore and the developing Marsh and Hackford and how many clubs are boasting 7 striking options? It's not so normal. So we add an 8th, but where does it end?

We need these lads back on the field. If two from three had been fit, the failed attempts so far would have been less evident.

I believe we'll get some help from City. We were one of few who sided with them that time and we also showed a track record of developing their talent. In this regard there is almost no benefit to arriving this week. We play each other. The players can't play. Rather than have 2 or 3 days of training, United would probably rather save a week's wages and someone like McAtee knows how we play anyway.

I can also well imagine without Ndiaye, we will change formation. I can see us playing one striker and rather than Ndiaye and still having a McAtee, I can foresee is having say McAtee off McBurnie and then Hamer slightly in advance of Souza and either Norwood or Davies. Though I suppose you could simply argue that McAtee becomes Ndiaye and Hamer becomes McAtee though that switch looks robust from the Hamer perspective. That still leaves Slimane to compete as well as Osborn and hopeful returnees Coulibaly and Fleck not to mention hopefully Traore bedding down and Brewster and Jebbo hopefully returning.

Why do some people always want to have a go, not everything is ideal obviously but for fucks sake take a tablet
Give over, it’s an absolute shitshow in terms of signings so to fob off legitimate concerns with ‘not everything is ideal’ is utter ignorance.

I also don’t go along with this ‘but we’ve signed 7 players’. Yeah we’ve lost 5 first teamers n all.

It's hard isn't it. I get the not going crazy and safeguarding the future but in say 2 months weeks and we've lost nearly every game and everyone is ripping the piss out of SUFC, its hard to stand there and say with a straight face 'This is a carefully considered plan to ensure we are financially viable further down the line.'

My issue is its bloody hard to get to this level and when you get here you fight tooth and nail to stay here for the further financial gains each season brings. Just effectively giving up on even trying to do that doesn't sit well with me.

The notion we will have lots of saleable assets if we go down is arguable too. No-one came for Baldock and Egan last time and both are free agents. We've punted on a lot of foreign players no-one had really heard of (except Hamer) and hoping we can unearth some gems like Brighton or Brentford - without the scouting network they have.

I worry in 2 years the costs we need to offset being back in the Champ means we may sell a few a la Ramsdale but we will be back to square one. The good players did not want to stay this time even at a higher level so won't if we go down. Southampton sold 150 mill of players this summer. Lets say Everton or Wolves go down, they will do the same. We arent going to be able to compete with such clubs even at Champ level. Granted Everton seem a bit of a mess but clubs like that sadly get took over easier than us.

I know the reality is we can't spend what we don't have but what we should have done is kept Ndiaye and if we went down then so be it. Selling him and 4 weeks later not replacing him and giving up a month of the season looks all the world like a side not even playing at it, at this level.

I repeat that the aim to get is to this level, we now seem to have almost accepted we won't be here more than a season which is hard to take. However this is dressed up.

The simple answer is a new wealthier owner. However its taken 2 years and we areno further forward on this. I don't get why the Prince took us over if he did not have the funds to properly support us when we got to the level he wanted?

Give over, it’s an absolute shitshow in terms of signings so to fob off legitimate concerns with ‘not everything is ideal’ is utter ignorance.

I also don’t go along with this ‘but we’ve signed 7 players’. Yeah we’ve lost 5 first teamers n all.
Stop moaning, absolute shitshow? I bet you'd find fault if we finished in the top six and got into Europe , you're like a member of the opposition, the party in power do 19 things well and 1 badly and you're in your fuckin element having a go about the one thing done badly, don't take a tablet, take the bottle full and do us all a favour, tosser.

The simple answer is a new wealthier owner. However its taken 2 years and we areno further forward on this. I don't get why the Prince took us over if he did not have the funds to properly support us when we got to the level he wanted?

all you have written is exactly true.

And what makes this final comment even more galling is the Prince doesn't know how jammy he's been to have this success, twice promoted he's been insanely lucky.

All the effort last year to get into Prem, then not properly have a go- it's bonkers beyond belief.

Letting Ndiaye go was a huge mistake, all the bollox about childhood club- 5 million in his pocket and 2 million to his agent- he'd have been playing Friday night and we would have WON.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom