Rammers at the Euro's

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Please stay on topic! This thread is about congratulating Ramsdale on being the third Blade in history to be a member of the England squad in a major tournament. I dont understand why you chose to talk about our midfield in this thread!

I know your HRT is giving you gyp Silent, but in context (my italics, so you'll get the drift a bit better) people are getting a bit gripe water about Ramsdale going being as he's not the new Gordon Banks and likely to be our goalie in the final, saving three pens and keeping a clean sheet against France or Italy or summat with a shit stopping performance.

My take ... is that even if Ramsdale did go ... watch what I am doing here ... and we got ninety million for him, that wouldn't make me too upset and Ramsdale hasn't had that much of a brilliant whole season and was at fault for a lot of opposition goals. Ramsdale ... see?

But, if we got £250m for Ramsdale from Real Madrid or Barca (on the back of two consecutive relegations and a half season of fuckups, we could not do any better than to fix the shit in midfield with the cash raised for Ramsdale, to a man more responsible for our demise than Ramsdale.

That okay? I can do a powerpoint for you if you want.

pommpey

You just nailed it there pommpey.

He settled

(into being the good keeper he is)

After letting a load of needless goals in

These observations aren't something you can flick off the sole of your foot like a slippery dog turd, y'know.

pommpey

Great news!
Is it? Really?
England one less very good keeper down. Just because the replacement plays for us, as much as I'd love to see the guy get his first cap. Keep your eyes on the prize. England's progression is paramount and more important than SUFC point scoring.

After letting a load of needless goals in

These observations aren't something you can flick off the sole of your foot like a slippery dog turd, y'know.

pommpey
you were arguing he isnt talented, but then also saying he has eventually settled,

so which is it?

is it that he is untalented or was he unsettled? one is very much permanent, the other is a dynamic factor

England failed to qualify for the 1974, 1978 and 1994 World Cups
There you go again Silent , with your facts !
I'm knackered after moving my daughter's flat in the London heatwave + didn't research anything , but I reckon TC & the real Deano would have been good enough for inclusion , based on their appearances.
Were there no Euros around at their times ?
I know Revie took against TC , who should have played more for England in my view.
Deano was only on the fringes but I remember thinking of going to see him at Stoke or somewhere equally obscure , but some event must have got in the way.
Anyway , both TC & Deano were miles ahead of Rammers , along with Alan Kelly , Alan Woodward , Len Badger , Kyle Walker , Harry Maguire , Phil Jagielka etc.
(I know their caps came after they were stolen from McCabe for peanuts).

There you go again Silent , with your facts !
I'm knackered after moving my daughter's flat in the London heatwave + didn't research anything , but I reckon TC & the real Deano would have been good enough for inclusion , based on their appearances.
Were there no Euros around at their times ?
I know Revie took against TC , who should have played more for England in my view.
Deano was only on the fringes but I remember thinking of going to see him at Stoke or somewhere equally obscure , but some event must have got in the way.
Anyway , both TC & Deano were miles ahead of Rammers , along with Alan Kelly , Alan Woodward , Len Badger , Kyle Walker , Harry Maguire , Phil Jagielka etc.
(I know their caps came after they were stolen from McCabe for peanuts).
Ramsey would have picked TC for the 1974 WC had England qualified but TC had a knee injury in April 1974 that required surgery

1623784191790.png

Congratulations Rambo! Struggled with the "he's not Deano" BS for a couple of months, but came through the other side. Was top class with unbelievable development potential years ago. Happy to add him to my list of Maguire, DCL, Brooks, Adams, Henderson etc as a player I called very early as going to be top class on this very board. Quotes below (I only bring these up for the haters back then by the way ;) ). I think an England Euro spot justifies the reposting. People claim that you have to be a genius to predict a players rise or recovery from a bad spell. You don't. You need an understanding of football.

Scouts have been watching him regularly for two years now, and United could have already cashed in. I know Spurs, Norwich and Man City have also had scouts watching him quite regularly. Its a strange one, you don't see many number ones at his age and that status might be what is required to keep him at the Lane.Of course we have a very solid, more experienced keeper in Moore who'll take some displacing. Ramsdale''s an outstanding young goalkeeper -.Is there anyone better than him, at his age, in the whole country?

Probably the best we could've hoped for given the contractual situation. Just got to hope the clauses are all in order: sell on, PL appearances, England youth caps, England senior caps. This kid has the potential to go further than any Blades youth keeper I've seen. Lets hope the club learns from this situation and gets the good ones tied down. Sell when they have two or three years left, if needs must.

VENTU

Great post. People should also know that many of the facilities are regularly used by the first team too, yet partly subsidised by grants for academy purposes. We would have to invest in a single purpose facility without the grants if we abolished Shirecliffe/adapted its purpose.I've been told that the running costs are around two million but only around half come from club coffers. In a bumper sales year DCL, Che, Ramsdale, the academy has more than paid for itself. If we get significant add ons for said players ( personallyvery optimistic re DCL, Ramsdale) it would pay for the academy for many years to come.

I watch the U18 and U23s regular and have been tipping Ramsdale and DCL for the PL for years. I think Ramsdale would've been on a lot less than the figures you quote at United, but would have wanted a senior players wage to consider signing again.. We couldn't have stood in his way (or indeed any young players) but we could have strengthened our negotiating position. Its about realising value so we can improve our own position - I don't think we have with this transfer.. Ultimately any young player that you think has Pl potential has to be signed to a long deal because the potential upside is huge when compared to the negligible cost. Anybody who watched Rambo knew within a few months that he was destined for bigger things, its inconceivable that we have somehow arrived at this situation.

Congratulations Rambo! Struggled with the "he's not Deano" BS for a couple of months, but came through the other side. Was top class with unbelievable development potential years ago. Happy to add him to my list of Maguire, DCL, Brooks, Adams, Henderson etc as a player I called very early as going to be top class on this very board. Quotes below (I only bring these up for the haters back then by the way ;) ). I think an England Euro spot justifies the reposting. People claim that you have to be a genius to predict a players rise or recovery from a bad spell. You don't. You need an understanding of football.
When Bert finds his 1957 tweet saying Jimmy Greaves would be world class you won't be looking so smart.

You must have missed Kyle Walker then ? The first time I saw him , it was so obvious. Just sayin'..............

Fucking hell.. For those that can't bring themselves to say it.
Well dome Rammers.. You took the pelters, now its time for the plaudits FOR MAKING THE fucking England Squad.

The.. That wasn't so hard.
True , dat , but if you get on the pitch , please don't go walkabout - stay in your area & make saves.

Pleased for him. His huge upturn in form after January merits it.

Back
Top Bottom