Radio Massive

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who* said this...

"The point is we didn't win the match - but we won the club, we now have our club back and I know we're going to come back stronger next season."

"We won the club?"

WTF does that mean.

*PS. Martyn Ware / Pig17
I wouldn't mind LYDON, he had to leave at half time as he had to go to his gig , missed the goal , ahh shucks .

So no local "rivals" to speak of next season.

Nice.

Now can just concentrate on ourselves!!
Better off in their hair than ours. One less club playing out of their skins when playing 'Sheffield United'

I imagine he was just unbelievably upset and bitter and couldn't keep hold of his emotions. Shouldn't be in the job if he can't keep impartial though I'm afraid
It's not the first time he's done it though. I've heard him say 'we' when referring to the pigs before.

Rob Staton has provided clear cut bias to Radio Sheffield.

Rob Staton will be very very sad today.

It makes me very very happy to know this.

I know someone who knows Staton and he confirmed that Staton is a Wednesday fan, which isn't hard to gather is it! Personally I like Staton but Radio Sheffield clearly showed that they think Wednesday fans are the best in the region when the rest of the season they average the 4th best in the Championship.

Don't attack me but I've always thought RS coverage is good. I also think all of the presenters are good and have at times asked probing questions more than grovelling Shields.

Yes Rob Staton is a Wednesdayite but I think he's always fair on United. Why would RS wish to alienate half of their listenership?

Don't attack me but I've always thought RS coverage is good. I also think all of the presenters are good and have at times asked probing questions more than grovelling Shields.

Yes Rob Staton is a Wednesdayite but I think he's always fair on United. Why would RS wish to alienate half of their listenership?
They don't, they just can't help themselves the pig bastards.

Aside from Radio Pig - ever seen so many fat obese fans, when the cameras scanned the pig-pen all you could see were massive (sorry) beer guts and red bloated faces. "Who eat all the pies Sherlock?"

Fat boy Tango's dad must have spread his seed far and wide, they all looked related - wonder the top tier didn't collapse at bouncy-bouncy time...

They call it South Barnsley for a reason... except their dingle cousin/brother/fathers can actually win a playoff!

The blue and white shirt :

A number on the back
Chasiri on the front
You know whats in the middle
A losing play off finalist...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...eld-wednesday-premier-league-carlos-carvalhal

Its not just Radio Sheffield who blatantly have a bias towards Wednesday. Talksport were doing it and then you read articles like this one. If they averaged 43,000 every week fair enough, but they'll be back to 22,000 average again next season! I hope Chansiri stuffs them over and goes for the high ticket prices!

To be fair we got loads of plaudits in the media for our support in our cup runs. I always recall Henry Winter raving about Bramall Lane and our fans in an article around the time we went up to the prem. We were also voted the 2nd loudest fans in the league during our season in the Prem.

Its not hard to understand why Wednesday were so vocal yesterday . They have had their best season in 16 years. That is an incredibly long time to go with only a few promotions out the third tier to cheer. They have only had one decent cup run in that time too. They have been starved of a genuinely big game for so long that it was twice as exciting for them as it would have been for most other clubs their size .

And you know what, they DO have a good away following.

But their home attendances are wank and have been for decades.

I don't think they can get their heads around this fact.

And you know what, they DO have a good away following.

But their home attendances are wank and have been for decades.

I don't think they can get their heads around this fact.

Well it would involve thinking and thought.

To be fair we got loads of plaudits in the media for our support in our cup runs. I always recall Henry Winter raving about Bramall Lane and our fans in an article around the time we went up to the prem. We were also voted the 2nd loudest fans in the league during our season in the Prem.

Its not hard to understand why Wednesday were so vocal yesterday . They have had their best season in 16 years. That is an incredibly long time to go with only a few promotions out the third tier to cheer. They have only had one decent cup run in that time too. They have been starved of a genuinely big game for so long that it was twice as exciting for them as it would have been for most other clubs their size .

Agreed. Henry Winter has always been very complimentary about SUFC and particularly Bramall Lane's atmosphere.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...eld-wednesday-premier-league-carlos-carvalhal

Its not just Radio Sheffield who blatantly have a bias towards Wednesday. Talksport were doing it and then you read articles like this one. If they averaged 43,000 every week fair enough, but they'll be back to 22,000 average again next season! I hope Chansiri stuffs them over and goes for the high ticket prices!

Instead of us debating number of supporters at Wembley , home matches. ! what the biased Radio Sheffield say. , we need to get off our fucking arses and get promotion . No doubt Wilder can do this .

We then in all reality see who gets the biggest crowds in the championship on a level playing field and also debate ticket pricing . It's one of the reasons we have to get promoted .:D

UTB

Change the blue and white , for red and white and we would have been exactly the same . Both clubs are starved of success and classed within the media that counts as traditional clubs who both should be in the premiership.

The likes of Henry Winter , Oliver Holt. , have a lot of time and respect for both clubs and set of fans , with HW having a private love affair with the blades.

Both clubs are grossly under achievers , especially , if truth be known us .

Not sleeping Giants , just poorly managed and badly run.

Radio Sheffield is poor , with poor presenters , poor debate , but at least they are the only station in this area who are bothered to give it a go with football coverage. That Staton or whatever his name , a pig fan , so what . He is so bad at his job , I am glad he is not a blade.

UTB

Is that the biggest club for support or achievement last season. Support then out of order , as we have and would equal the pigs on support , and flatter to deceive syndrome .

RS is shite fronted by second rate journalists / presenters . Just remember if they were any good , they would be working elsewhere , not in the backwaters of the BBC.

We should have gone past the point of listening anyway . It says something when Keith Edwards , Brian the Blade , and Adkins buzzword bingo becomes the highlights for us .

Don't worry , I am sure Wilder will drop a sarcastic comment on this matter , when next interviewed by the RS reprobate or refuses to give a interview . Bloke is not daft and very protective to issues that matter our manager .

UTB

Abso-fucking-lootely. The standard retards who Radio Shitfield employ (people whose names aren't Everard, Seth, Roney, Toby etc. needn't apply) have you ever seen a bigger bunch of mongs?

upload_2016-5-30_9-59-7.jpegupload_2016-5-30_9-59-30.jpegupload_2016-5-30_9-59-46.jpeg

Can't they all join their cousins at the 'Sheffield' Star?

While it is nothing to do with football, I am always laughing if I have the misfortune to have the radio on in the car when that bloke Rony Robinson is on Radio Pig, when the OAP’s phone in, rambling. If I didn’t know better I would swear it was a comedy sketch.

Rony: So what do you think?, has Meadowhall taken away trade from city centre shops?, do you even still shop in town? we’ve got Albert on line one, Albert , what are your thoughts?

Albert: Do you know Rony, when I was a lad, my mam made me dripping sandwiches every day for mi pack up, when I were an apprentice at steel works.

Rony: Dripping sandwiches?, good point Albert, anyone else remember having dripping sandwiches, phone in and let us know, Edith on line two, Edith?

Edith: Rony, we had to walk to school and back in my day, no one had cars back then, we walked in all weather, rain, hail, snow. Kids never walk anywhere these days.

Rony: Do you agree with Edith? Do kids walk to school or not? We’ve got Alf on line three, Alf, do you see kids walking to school these days?

Alf: Do you remember getting loose sweets Rony? When I was a lad there was a corner shop on Chesterfield Road that had big jars of sweets, and the man would use a big scoop and scoop out humbugs in to a paper bag for a penny.

Rony: What are your memories of humbugs, or corner shops, or paper bags for that matter, phone in and let us know, Winifred on line four, which sweets did you like as a little girl Winifred?

Winifred: We didn’t live near Chesterfield Road Rony, we lived at Firth Park, but I had a cousin who lived near Chesterfield Road

Rony: Did you have any cousins when you were younger, phone in and let us know.

While it is nothing to do with football, I am always laughing if I have the misfortune to have the radio on in the car when that bloke Rony Robinson is on Radio Pig, when the OAP’s phone in, rambling. If I didn’t know better I would swear it was a comedy sketch.

Rony: So what do you think?, has Meadowhall taken away trade from city centre shops?, do you even still shop in town? we’ve got Albert on line one, Albert , what are your thoughts?

Albert: Do you know Rony, when I was a lad, my mam made me dripping sandwiches every day for mi pack up, when I were an apprentice at steel works.

Rony: Dripping sandwiches?, good point Albert, anyone else remember having dripping sandwiches, phone in and let us know, Edith on line two, Edith?

Edith: Rony, we had to walk to school and back in my day, no one had cars back then, we walked in all weather, rain, hail, snow. Kids never walk anywhere these days.

Rony: Do you agree with Edith? Do kids walk to school or not? We’ve got Alf on line three, Alf, do you see kids walking to school these days?

Alf: Do you remember getting loose sweets Rony? When I was a lad there was a corner shop on Chesterfield Road that had big jars of sweets, and the man would use a big scoop and scoop out humbugs in to a paper bag for a penny.

Rony: What are your memories of humbugs, or corner shops, or paper bags for that matter, phone in and let us know, Winifred on line four, which sweets did you like as a little girl Winifred?

Winifred: We didn’t live near Chesterfield Road Rony, we lived at Firth Park, but I had a cousin who lived near Chesterfield Road

Rony: Did you have any cousins when you were younger, phone in and let us know.

Comedy Gold . You just couldn't make it up.

To be fair to Rony , he is the best of a bad bunch , and caters to his loyal followers and audience . The bloke must be doing something right as he has stood the test of time.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom