R Sheffield United - maybe not....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

gaffablade

Reaction score
So with the news of the Super League, does this means the Blades wont be relegated.......

And Wet Spam dont get European football. Oh the irony 😂🤣

Note - On a serious note, I'm absolutely against this happening

We could put all the big 6 on 0pts for the final 6 games and we'd still go down 🤣

14 Sheffield United 14pts
15 Arsenal 0pts
16 Chelsea 0pts
17 Liverpool 0pts
18 Man City 0pts
19 Man Utd 0pts
20 Tottenham 0pts

If you remove the teams that are part of the Super League, the current PL table would be:

1. Leicester City
2. West Ham
3. Everton
4. Leeds
5. Aston Villa
6. Wolves
7. Crystal Palace
8. Southampton
9. Newcastle
10. Brighton
11. Burnley
12. Fulham
13. WBA
14. Blades

We would had all settled for 14th

If you remove the teams that are part of the Super League, the current PL table would be:

1. Leicester City
2. West Ham
3. Everton
4. Leeds
5. Aston Villa
6. Wolves
7. Crystal Palace
8. Southampton
9. Newcastle
10. Brighton
11. Burnley
12. Fulham
13. WBA
14. Blades

We would had all settled for 14th

14th is an incredible achievement for a second season. Sign me up.

No we're gone it's not a breakaway from PL, looks more like a break away from CL.

So the moaning they were doing about having too many games earlier this season goes out of the window when there’s billions of pounds involved, funny that.
I've said exactly the same thing this morning they've had old City chairman on Bernstein, and he's disgusted he even said that 2 of the clubs just have delusions of being big.

Whatever happens is likely to be too late to affect us this is going to be fought tooth and nail in the courts.

Apparently there is a rule that says if a club joins another league they will be removed from the Premiership. It was on TS this morning.
So they should be removed but as you and I know BT , Sky and the likes will be falling over themselves to screen it, despite all their faux outrage.

So they should be removed but as you and I know BT , Sky and the likes will be falling over themselves to screen it, despite all their faux outrage.
Sky will be shitting themselves, you think they allowed Gary Neville to spout all that last night without knowing what his angle was?

Their monopoly was already being broken, this will push further out into the market and the competition from the likes of Amazon and international streaming services, they will have to stump up a lot more to get the rights and it ruins their cosy position as head of the current PL gravy train.

Sky will be shitting themselves, you think they allowed Gary Neville to spout all that last night without knowing what his angle was?

Their monopoly was already being broken, this will push further out into the market and the competition from the likes of Amazon and international streaming services, they will have to stump up a lot more to get the rights and it ruins their cosy position as head of the current PL gravy train.
A Netflix type streaming for the PL, and owned by the PL has been on the cards for some years now.

So the moaning they were doing about having too many games earlier this season goes out of the window when there’s billions of pounds involved, funny that.

On Sky Sports News they’ve just said they’ve spoken with a board member at one of the 12 clubs (didn’t name them, wanted to remain anonymous) who said that the idea is that they’d stay in the Premier League and use it as a way of developing their younger players i.e. they’d play their development squads. The first framers would concentrate on the games in this new league.

They also said that, amongst the people behind this idea, the good of the game isn’t really a concern. The main concern is increased revenue and profit (which is obviously really). They said the owners expected a backlash but aren’t concerned as they don’t think anything will come of it in terms of sanctions.

Edit: they also said that they’ve spoken to several of the other 14 Prem clubs and all of them want the breakaway teams to be suspended immediately

On Sky Sports News they’ve just said they’ve spoken with a board member at one of the 12 clubs (didn’t name them, wanted to remain anonymous) who said that the idea is that they’d stay in the Premier League and use it as a way of developing their younger players i.e. they’d play their development squads. The first framers would concentrate on the games in this new league.

They also said that, amongst the people behind this idea, the good of the game isn’t really a concern. The main concern is increased revenue and profit (which is obviously really). They said the owners expected a backlash but aren’t concerned as they don’t think anything will come of it in terms of sanctions.

Edit: they also said that they’ve spoken to several of the other 14 Prem clubs and all of them want the breakaway teams to be suspended immediately
So basically the Premier league becomes the Johnstone Paints. I can't see fans and TV companies queuing up to watch Liverpool U23s.

Agree completely, the add breaks on ssn are about 8 minutes long today, they don't want to be on air with this story.

Sky are weak as piss now to what they used to be, people came for a slice of the pie and bit by bit thier monopoly was eroded, I've lost count of the games BT, Amazon, and god knows who else took of them while the price of sky sports went up.. I tried to cancel it, but the missus said no, now she pays for it.. Win win..

So basically the Premier league becomes the Johnstone Paints. I can't see fans and TV companies queuing up to watch Liverpool U23s.
They won't do, the "self proclaimed" top 6 want thier cake and eat it, can't be done this way playing kids one week and first team the next creates unfair competition, something there are already rules in place to prevent.

Top 6 using premier league to throw youngsters out? Kick them out mockery of game if they do that

Let them all fuck off and play their glorified exhibition matches in front of millions of Chinese and Indians watching them on the internet. The real fans will soon get bored.

As an aside, they've mentioned the big six................but I didn't see the name "Sheffield Wednesday" in there. Am I missing something? 🙄

Whatever happens is likely to be too late to affect us this is going to be fought tooth and nail in the courts.
I could not agree more, unless they back down and compromise.
The problem is that these owners don’t accept jeopardy in sport, which has been a crucial part of European football for decades.

Let them all fuck off and play their glorified exhibition matches in front of millions of Chinese and Indians watching them on the internet. The real fans will soon get bored.

As an aside, they've mentioned the big six................but I didn't see the name "Sheffield Wednesday" in there. Am I missing something? 🙄
There are three more to join them before five are “promoted” each year, so such a massive side must be one of the three

I could not agree more, unless they back down and compromise.
The problem is that these owners don’t accept jeopardy in sport, which has been a crucial part of European football for decades.
Not sure a compromise can be reached because national associations will want there to be a clear pathway for clubs to progress into and out of this competition and as you say the whole purpose of this is to reduce risk to founder clubs.

Not sure a compromise can be reached because national associations will want there to be a clear pathway for clubs to progress into and out of this competition and as you say the whole purpose of this is to reduce risk to founder clubs.
I think they would like to remove risk rather than reduce it !!!
Whilst I am opposed to the idea in principle I would still be happy at the Lane watching us play the remaining 85 teams ( although not in the same league at the same time !)

I have said for a good few years that the clubs in question who have been itching to break away, then I'd be over the moon if they did piss off. What has become boring within football today is that at the beginning of each season it usually is between Liverpool or City to win the league with possibly Man U, Chelsea challenging at some point during the season. What is there to look forward to being a fan of the other teams who make up the league?

If they leave, the league will become more interesting and above all, more competitive.. Imagine our excitement last year when we were on the edge of Europe. It would have been even more so if there would have been a very good chance of actually winning the league without the so called 'big 6'. One may argue that TV sponsors would be effected, but on the contrary, with a more open league, more interest would be generated resulting in more subscribers.

Let them bugger off and bring back what football used to be; open, competetive and above all more enjoyable for the vast majority of fans.

On a footnote, if they do go, they forfeit all other domestic competitions and it has to be made clear there is no returning from whence they came. Should they ever decide to return they would have to start from the bottom of the leagues and pay a hefty fee for the privilege.

I think they would like to remove risk rather than reduce it !!!
Whilst I am opposed to the idea in principle I would still be happy at the Lane watching us play the remaining 85 teams ( although not in the same league at the same time !)
I won’t mourn the loss of any of these 6 teams as I couldn’t care less about anyone but united but I have serious concerns as to what these “elite clubs” will do to the game once they’re free of any form of regulation.

I believe it wont be Sky or BT Sports who will be screening the ESL matches

I believe it wont be Sky or BT Sports who will be screening the ESL matches
No I agree Silent this is geared up for the streaming services , I have never seen a CL game so won't watch these I have seen couple of finals in pub but never the knockout or league stages.

Back
Top Bottom