Proper excited now !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some extremely astute signings now completed by the Blades, we seem to have addressed almost all the areas that needed strengthening we now have pace available pretty much across the side, the incoming players are all the right age for CW & AK to work their magic on and mould into Blades players. Hendo back which will help the back line remain largely settled which has to be a good thing.

Hint from the Lord Wilder that more good news soon so could we hope beyond hope that McBurnie and or Maupay are on their way to bolster the much needed goal scoring tally and relieve some of the pressure on Billy Sharp, who looks as fit as a butchers dog and raring to go for his chance in the top flight.

Personally I am really looking forward to seeing Ravel Morrison, this lad could just be the signing of the window, proper talent and when you look at CWAK’s record with players who cost £0 we might just have the lad who could make this a season beyond our current expectations. Hope he gets some minutes tomorrow against Barnsley. See you there boys and girls !!

UTB
CW said more signings to come...how many?

I really love this forum - don't post much as consider myself somewhat of a dinosaur since following them since 1970 and dont have much to add to great Bladesmen on here.

The wonderful thing from my perspective, is that i don't know whether we will finish 'rock-bottom' of the Premiership and be a 'real crock of shit' or be up amongst the elite of the Premiership and dumbfounding all those so called 'elitists' with our 'unique brand of 'Wildknilsoccerwonder'

That is priceless IMHO.

Great weekend boys

Tarks x

I really love this forum - don't post much as consider myself somewhat of a dinosaur since following them since 1970 and dont have much to add to great Bladesmen on here.

The wonderful thing from my perspective, is that i don't know whether we will finish 'rock-bottom' of the Premiership and be a 'real crock of shit' or be up amongst the elite of the Premiership and dumbfounding all those so called 'elitists' with our 'unique brand of 'Wildknilsoccerwonder'

That is priceless IMHO.

Great weekend boys

Tarks x
Agreed buddy. Either of those options is a possibility, but with Midas in control I'm going for option 2.
I'm m a dreamer if nothing else.

Last edited:
Did not say how many but if this is right one will be ok me thinks 😎58301

Bring it on mate, great OP EmleyMoorBlade there is now pressure and no expectation on us.

What was that Alan Turing quote?

“Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine.” 🔴⚪
Totally agree mate, where I work we often get asked how we do what to some people seems impossible, we have a very positive approach and mind set which works wonders, the same is clearly true down at BDTBL with CW and AK in charge.
Let’s leave the doubters to their negative thoughts and derogatory comments and carry on causing upsets 🔴⚪⚔️
UTB

Totally agree mate, where I work we often get asked how we do what to some people seems impossible, we have a very positive approach and mind set which works wonders, the same is clearly true down at BDTBL with CW and AK in charge.
Let’s leave the doubters to their negative thoughts and derogatory comments and carry on causing upsets 🔴⚪
UTB

The more premier league, glory hunting, big wigs that are oblivious to what we can do currently, the better. We'll take them all by surprise and stay up or not, they'll know more about who we are, who Wilder is and how we play by the end of the season. It'll be like the championship all over again.

I live in Kirkburton and can tell you it's not all that 🙂
Bring it on mate, great OP EmleyMoorBlade there is now pressure and no expectation on us.

What was that Alan Turing quote?

“Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine.” 🔴⚪

Great quote that.

For some bizarre reason, in my mind, I'm wondering how Yoda would have said it ;)

Last night I told a Brighton fan we could finish anywhere from 8th to 20th, and he agreed.

This is going to be a very exciting season.

Been said before by lots of us on here since CW took over the reins, never have we felt more enthused and excited and positive about a new season, a new season being in the goddam Premier league, he has not just given us the club back, something more than that..long may it continue...ok we might get stuffed in a few games being a realist but i think we are all wise enough that whatever happens he and the team will have blades fans 100% backing next season.
Even more so than in Sir Harry's first season with us back in the founding of the Prem league.

Silly I know but my biggest fear is that we do do really well, because then I'll be worrying how long we will be able to hang on to our great management team …... 😧

Silly I know but my biggest fear is that we do do really well, because then I'll be worrying how long we will be able to hang on to our great management team …... 😧

Managers can sometimes be much more important then any player.

Normally when you have a top player, you receive compensation by setting a transfer fee.
However regards an approach for a manager, the other clubs just seems to pay off the contract with minimal compensation.

My point is......if a club comes in to poach Wilder it would be such a massive loss that we’d need at least 20-25 million compensation.
Always made me wonder why managers can be poached for such cheap sums....compensation always seems very low.

Wilder has signed well.

Robinson, I think will be one of the bargains of the season. I can definitely see him bagging us 10+ goals.

The only question mark for me is Mousset. For 10 million, he's a big risk.

The other signings have all been solid, excited about Ravel. I think he'll thrive under Wilder and might actually reach his potential at last.

Ideally, assuming we sign McBurnie as another striker, I'd like to see us add a premier league quality CM and a good right back because I think Baldock will get exposed at this level.

Yes I noticed he mentioned that there might be another announcement in the next 48 hours so hopefully McBurnie and I think we will be done and dusted and will complete what has been an amazing squad strengthening

I think there will be an under the radar loan signing. A Fer type.

CW said more signings to come...how many?

I read somewhere on here he wanted to bring in two more outfield players. Plus that big Dutch keeper who had his medical today. It's looking like McBurnie is gonna be one of them.

I'd like us to get competition for Norwood, I think Morrison could do it, but that would be a waste attacking wise in a way.

We spent too long struggling without Coutts before Norwood arrived, I think it'd be prudent while we have a bit of money to have backup for Norwood so we don't have any issues with injury and suspensions, he does attract yellows.

The more premier league, glory hunting, big wigs that are oblivious to what we can do currently, the better. We'll take them all by surprise and stay up or not, they'll know more about who we are, who Wilder is and how we play by the end of the season. It'll be like the championship all over again.

My thoughts entirely. Have a double 👍👍

So far we've been slow starters (weren't we bottom at one point last season ? ) so don't panic if we lose a few to begin with...... 😧

If we get McBurnie its the best transfer window I have ever known us have, regardless of what division we are in

Compare it to our signings when we went back to the prem in the summer of 06 -

I dont remember much about Sommeil playing for us. A quick google says he played 5 PL games for us. Surprised me that he played that many.

Back
Top Bottom