Promotion party at Wembley?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Another huge chance to stamp our authority on 2nd spot this weekend. We really should have too much for Wigan, although they are starting to string a few results together.

For what it's worth, I think Burnley will rip Boro a new one on Saturday evening.

millwall will beat luton in the 12.30 kick off game and just cant see boro beating burnley so if we beat wigan that would take us 9 points clear with a game in hand with luton and boro still to play each other i think we could be as good as up by 10pm friday night

millwall will beat luton in the 12.30 kick off game and just cant see boro beating burnley so if we beat wigan that would take us 9 points clear with a game in hand with luton and boro still to play each other i think we could be as good as up by 10pm friday night
It would be a great scenario but 'as good as up' is pushing it a bit. We'd be nine points clear of Boro and Luton, who would both have six games left. A possible 18 points for one of them (not both).

Teams sometimes go on winning runs at the end of the season. We can't rule out one of those clubs winning 4 or 5 of their final six games. BUT even if they did, we'd probably only need a couple of wins from our final seven games to seal it. If Luton emerged as our main challenger we'd probably retain our GD advantage. We'd be very strong favourites.

Bookies love people like you betting with your heart.

Luton P7 W5 D2 L0 GF9 GA3
Millwall P7 W3 D2 L2 GF8 GA7

Infact Lutons last 19 Games is pretty impressive.
P19 W12 D6 L3

All that being said Millwall could still beat Luton but I personally wouldn't be backing Millwall.

'We beat Wigan'. I've lost count how many times we've fucked up immediately after a big win. (Rotherham at home springs to mind). Hecky needs to be telling 'em at every opportunity that we need to put in another big performance to beat Wigan. Do this and I'll believe we are going up.
UTB!!
Nothing bad happens when we need to beat Wigan …… oh

Win our next 3 before Wembley and we’re almost there regardless what anyone does
We have 4 before Wembley 3 at home, if we can win all of those and maybe pick a point up at Burnley.

These next 3 home games are key for me we really need 9 points.
We as supporters need to make them all a sellout and get Bramall Lane rocking.
"We really do need too make the difference" as Gary normally says.

We have 4 before Wembley 3 at home, if we can win all of those and maybe pick a point up at Burnley.

These next 3 home games are key for me we really need 9 points.
We as supporters need to make them all a sellout and get Bramall Lane rocking.
"We really do need too make the difference" as Gary normally says.
Irrespective of other results that would put us 2 wins from promotion. On the assumption that Boro/Luton drop some points in the next 4 we might only be a win away...

Would be some dooo at Wembley if we clinch it with a victory vs Man City

Who cares we are up

And that’s a FALLOWFIELD FACTOID

Would be some dooo at Wembley if we clinch it with a victory vs Man City

Who cares we are up

And that’s a FALLOWFIELD FACTOID

Using words you don’t understand #7236

factoid
/ˈfaktɔɪd/
noun
an item of unreliable information that is reported and repeated so often that it becomes accepted as fact.

Only difference is hardly anyone accepts anything you say as factual.

Yup

And if we beat Chelsea away…
And if we beat Wigan at home
And if we beat Stevenage…
And when we beat Wolves…
And when we beat Palace
And when we beat Burnley

Please stop this thread
You forgot......
And when we beat Hull...
And when we beat Barnet...
And when we beat Wallsall...
And when we beat Altrincham...
There's probably plenty more "And when we beat....but for the time being I'll leave it there as it's almost drinking time....

UTB

You forgot......
And when we beat Hull...
There's probably plenty more "And when we beat....but for the time being I'll leave it there as it's almost drinking time....

UTB
I was just focusing on our most agonising near misses but now you mention it

Arsenal
Newcastle

You’re right

Beer time

You forgot......
And when we beat Hull...

UTB
And when we beat Ipswich
And when we beat Northampton
And when we beat Cardiff
And when we beat Leicester

Am I doing this right?

If the results go our way, and ten minutes into the semifinal at Wembley, I can hear Ali McCoist on ITV saying...
"Look at the blades fans they are suddenly going barmy....ohhh wow...it's official they are promoted....they are going mad...look at the blades players...they are all looking at the blades fans.....and the bench all punching the air.....oh boy.....oh boy.....we have a semifinal now, the man city players are wondering what the heck is going on....."

I don't think it's possible for us to get promoted on the actual day of the semi final anymore. Not now the Boro v Luton game had been moved to the Monday after the semi final

It's not, no, as none of our rivals will be playing on the day. We can get promoted before Wembley I think, but it'd be pushing it.

Back
Top Bottom