Promotion party at Wembley?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's not beyond the realms of possibility for us to get hammered by Man City on the Saturday and then for Boro to clinch automatic promotion with a win over Luton on the Monday.
We'll have 12 point to play for - so Boro would need to get 13 ahead of us in that game to secure Auto promotion. As we are three ahead of them they need 16 points from the 18 available AND for us to lose every game.

I mean, its not impossible - but its highly unlikely.

Of course for the flip to happen we'd need to be 7 ahead of them after that game. Which doesn`t sound like that much of a stretch except we'll have played 5 game to their 6 at that point. We'd probably have to win all 5 and Boro only get 11 from 6 - again, it doesn`t seem likely

It's not beyond the realms of possibility for us to get hammered by Man City on the Saturday and then for Boro to clinch automatic promotion with a win over Luton on the Monday.
Let me get that rope….

We both play 4 times before then, after it they have 3 to play so there’d need to be a 10 point cushion. Very unlikely, but still….

There could be 9pts on Friday.

We beat Wigan. They lose to Burnley.

That promotes Burnley... then if we can pull off a draw at Burnley 👀

Technically they wouldn't be promoted if Burnley beat Boro.

They would be 17 points ahead of Luton who can get 18 points...

But yeah just a mere technicality lol.

For the stats people - When is the earliest we can get promoted regarding just our results? when is the earliest we can get promoted regarding other teams around us dropping points?
We need 5 wins and a point to be sure. Obviously if Boro drop points sooner . But that relies on us winning every match.

Can't see us getting promoted before we go to the semi tbf.

There could be 9pts on Friday.

We beat Wigan. They lose to Burnley.

That promotes Burnley... then if we can pull off a draw at Burnley 👀
'We beat Wigan'. I've lost count how many times we've fucked up immediately after a big win. (Rotherham at home springs to mind). Hecky needs to be telling 'em at every opportunity that we need to put in another big performance to beat Wigan. Do this and I'll believe we are going up.
UTB!!

I laugh reacted to this post as a coping mechanism if we don't achieve promotion / hopeful we could actually do it

'We beat Wigan'. I've lost count how many times we've fucked up immediately after a big win. (Rotherham at home springs to mind). Hecky needs to be telling 'em at every opportunity that we need to put in another big performance to beat Wigan. Do this and I'll believe we are going up.
UTB!!

Weve only lost 9 all season and 4 of those were in the last 8 games.
3 of the other defeats came in a run of no wins in 6.

The Rotherham result was an anomaly. It was after a run of 3 wins and a draw and followed up by 10 games unbeaten.

The other defeat was the opening game against Watford.

We've basically lost 75-80% of our games in 2 big slumps of form.

Weve only lost 9 all season and 4 of those were in the last 8 games.
3 of the other defeats came in a run of no wins in 6.

The Rotherham result was an anomaly. It was after a run of 3 wins and a draw and followed up by 10 games unbeaten.

The other defeat was the opening game against Watford.

We've basically lost 75-80% of our games in 2 big slumps of form.
Yes, fair comment, but I was thinking more about over the years. I guess it happens to many other clubs too. Strong mental attitude required and we will get over the line.
UTB!!!

Boro and Luton don't play on Aug 22nd. They play each other on Monday 24th. So a Wembley promotion party is nigh on impossible.

Boro and Luton don't play on Aug 22nd. They play each other on Monday 24th. So a Wembley promotion party is nigh on impossible.
Still possible if both lose a couple of games, but unlikely. The promotion party is more likely to be hosted by Uncle Neil in Huddersfield.

We win our next 3
Boro and Luton lose their next 3
Blades are promoted.

Boro 1 - Burnley 3
Millwall 2 - 1 Luton
Blades 3 - 0 Wigan

Brizzle City 2 - 1 Boro
Luton 0 - 1 Blackpool
Burnley 0 - 1 Blades

Blades 2 - 0 Cardiff
Millers 2 - 1 Luton
Boro 1 - 2 Norwich

You wait and see 🤪

We win our next 3
Boro and Luton lose their next 3
Blades are promoted.

Boro 1 - Burnley 3
Millwall 2 - 1 Luton
Blades 3 - 0 Wigan

Brizzle City 2 - 1 Boro
Luton 0 - 1 Blackpool
Burnley 0 - 1 Blades

Blades 2 - 0 Cardiff
Millers 2 - 1 Luton
Boro 1 - 2 Norwich

You wait and see 🤪
That would be three Carlsberg weekends, back to back!!

We have nowt to lose against Man City. so no pressure at all. just have a go at them. Some magic from Ndiaye you never know owt could happen. thats the beauty of football.

If we can beat Wigan it puts huge pressure on that 8pm kick off next week
spot on weve slipped up against the bottom teams already this season we have to go for it 9 points clear and a game in hand puts huge pressure on middlesbro they will have to go all out for the win in which case burnley will pick em off with ease

Can’t see it being for the semi sadly. I think we’ll go up against West Brom or Preston.

Back
Top Bottom