Promotion party at Wembley?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BalticBlade

Reaction score
It's unlikely, but theoretically we could seal promotion on the day of our Semi Final against Man City.

This would happen if over the course of the next five games we'd need to get 4+ more points than Boro and Luton, with the latter then beating Boro on 22nd April.

Alternatively, if we get 5+ more points than those teams over the next five games and they draw on the 22nd that should seal it.

We'd also have to get 3+ points more than Blackburn during the next five games (but if we at least least equal their tally and they lose to Preston on the 22nd that would be enough).

As I say, a long shot but not impossible,

If all those things fell into place then we could learn of our automatic promotion at the final whistle of our semi, during the match itself (!), or before kick off (depending on what time our game kicks off).

It's unlikely, but theoretically we could seal promotion on the day of our Semi Final against Man City.

This would happen if over the course of the next five games we'd need to get 4+ more points than Boro and Luton, with the latter then beating Boro on 22nd April.

Alternatively, if we get 5+ more points than those teams over the next five games and they draw on the 22nd that should seal it.

We'd also have to get 3+ points more than Blackburn during the next five games (but if we at least least equal their tally and they lose to Preston on the 22nd that would be enough).

If all those things fell into place then we could learn of our automatic promotion at the final whistle of our semi, during the match itself (!), or before kick off (depending on what time our game kicks off).
Jesus you've got too much time on your hands :)

Incredible if true (but I believe you!). Imagine that, would be an amazing day out.

Also, it could happen. Those teams are bound to drop points soon, with Blades hopefully back into an attacking/confident groove.

That would be unbelievable can’t imagine the noise , probably losing in the semi ( hope not ) and yes news filters through that we are printed 😳⚔️

Love the optimism! But canny see it. I'm hoping Boro and Luton etc. drop a bit of form. In fact I'm half expecting them too. It will be to what extent and also what form we display as to whether we end up 2nd after 46 games.

But for us to be that far ahead in 5 games time. I reckon you are talking of us taking 4 wins 1 draw and Boro losing 3 of those matches something like that?

Love the optimism! But canny see it. I'm hoping Boro and Luton etc. drop a bit of form. In fact I'm half expecting them too. It will be to what extent and also what form we display as to whether we end up 2nd after 46 games.

But for us to be that far ahead in 5 games time. I reckon you are talking of us taking 4 wins 1 draw and Boro losing 3 of those matches something like that?
Four wins and a defeat for us + Two wins, two draws and a defeat for Boro
Or
Four wins and a draw for us + Three wins and two defeats for Boro/Two wins and three draws for Boro.

I've been giving this way too much thought!

Wow

We are at that point in the season now where the race can swing very quickly - just as it did in our favour over Easter weekend in 2019.

If we can maintain our advantage over the next three (Norwich (A), Wigan (H), Burnley (A)) over Boro (Hudds (A), Burnley(H), Bristol C(A)) we've then got two home games (Cardiff on a Saturday, Bristol C on a Tuesday) sandwiched between Boro home games (Norwich on a Friday, Hull on a Wednesday).

Yes, that basically means twice as much stress as we will be watching our games and Boros. in fact I'd speculate that after the games on 1st April, we won`t kick off at the same time as Boro until the last game of the season as one (or both) of these games will get moved for TV:

1679398276324.png

For the stats people - When is the earliest we can get promoted regarding just our results? when is the earliest we can get promoted regarding other teams around us dropping points?

For the stats people - When is the earliest we can get promoted regarding just our results? when is the earliest we can get promoted regarding other teams around us dropping points?
The most points any of the chasers can get to is 91pts. The soonest we could get to 92pts is the penultimate game of the season (3rd May v Huddersfield).

The soonest we can seal promotion (based on us winning our games and our rivals dropping points) is match 41 (15th April v Cardfiff).

The most points any of the chasers can get to is 91pts. The soonest we could get to 92pts is the penultimate game of the season (3rd May v Huddersfield).

The soonest we can seal promotion (based on us winning our games and our rivals dropping points) is match 41 (15th April v Cardfiff).
Thank you!
Massive IF given we've got Burnley (Who if I remember rightly only need 9 points to secure automatic which is our game) but it is football and funny things can happen.

Regardless of what happens, lets make Wembley a good day out loud atmosphere because we're still in a good position in the table and FA cup semi final. If someone told me this at the start of the season, I'd of laughed so we need to embrace it and just make it a party regardless. Cheer the lads on for getting us into this position.

Yup seems stitched on we'll get hammered at Wembley on what should be a joyful promotion celebration day.
Off to the bookies I go...

Back
Top Bottom