Promotion party at Wembley?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Update on the possibilities please.
Although we can’t achieve promotion on semi-final day, we could very easily be promoted before it. We both have three games prior to Wembley, which means Luton and Middlesbrough will have three games left to play at that point. We just need to gain two points on Luton and one point on Middlesbrough in the next three games to be more than nine points clear and be mathematically promoted.

Although we can’t achieve promotion on semi-final day, we could very easily be promoted before it. We both have three games prior to Wembley, which means Luton and Middlesbrough will have three games left to play at that point. We just need to gain two points on Luton and one point on Middlesbrough in the next three games to be more than nine points clear and be mathematically promoted.

Yep I worked through the algorithm last night. It can be done!!

That would be fantastic. The atmosphere at Wembley would be amazing.

it would have to be the collapse of all collapses for us not to go up now think luton are our only dangers now and i think they will beat boro anyway and still think they would have to win all 6 remaining games to finish above us still think theres a fair chance we could be promoted before wembley

Luton do actually have quite a straight forward run in of fixtures to the end of the season apart from Boro at home
Shame that match is now after Wembley

Luton do actually have quite a straight forward run in of fixtures to the end of the season apart from Boro at home
Shame that match is now after Wembley
Blackpool are down but Rotherham and reading will be fighting for any points then they have Blackburn who are fighting to make the play offs after the Middlesbrough game. No games against sides with nothing to play for

Watched Luton a few times this season and they don’t look good to me, didn’t rate them when they beat us either. Can’t see em winning all their remaining games.

Blackpool are down but Rotherham and reading will be fighting for any points then they have Blackburn who are fighting to make the play offs after the Middlesbrough game. No games against sides with nothing to play for
Blackpool parted company with McCarthy so you never know players might respond against Luton.
Well that's the small bit of hope I'm clinging to anyway.

Watched Luton a few times this season and they don’t look good to me, didn’t rate them when they beat us either. Can’t see em winning all their remaining games.
They maybe are not easy on the eye but they have a habit of grinding out results something they have been doing for the last two seasons.
Something you have to take your hat of too them.

OK I'll get my coat.

They maybe are not easy on the eye but they have a habit of grinding out results something they have been doing for the last two seasons.
Something you have to take your hat of too them.

OK I'll get my coat.
I’d suggest we’re doing the same. A little easier on the eye but plenty of 1 goal wins.

I’d suggest we’re doing the same. A little easier on the eye but plenty of 1 goal wins.
It wasn't a criticism of them at all infact I admire them. They where up there challenging last season and have come back even stronger this season, which for a club who's budget is probably in the bottom half of this division is impressive.
If they do end up in the playoffs then I really hope they go up through them.

we beat cardiff and bristol city and its as good as over and a couple of dodgy results for luton and boro and it still might be a promotion party at wembley

We’ll get promoted on the Monday night when Boro and Luton play each other with a draw it’s the Blades way

Me and my mate have got our Wembley fancy dress outfit sorted already.BDD6E8A3-BAF1-4743-A056-F115A5148413.jpeg

It wasn't a criticism of them at all infact I admire them. They where up there challenging last season and have come back even stronger this season, which for a club who's budget is probably in the bottom half of this division is impressive.
If they do end up in the playoffs then I really hope they go up through them.
Their budget is more bottom three than bottom half. Brilliantly ran club, the best in the country this decade.

Luton play Blackpool, Rotherham and Reading before Wembley. To secure promotion before Wembley we'd need to win all three of our games and hope Luton drop at least two points in their three fixtures. Boro play Bristol City, Norwich and Hull. They would need to drop at least two points too.

We'd be promoted if we lost to Burnley and won the other two if Luton / Boro only picked up four points or fewer from their three games before the cup semi.

We’ll get promoted on the Monday night when Boro and Luton play each other with a draw it’s the Blades way
With how the fixtures have fallen it does feel like we might end up promoted whilst we aren't on the pitch - again.

Our game against Bristol C is on the Tuesday, Boro and Luton play on the Weds. Then play each other the following Monday before we play on the Wednesday.

We are at least playing at the same time as both of them the following Saturday.

With how the fixtures have fallen it does feel like we might end up promoted whilst we aren't on the pitch - again.

Our game against Bristol C is on the Tuesday, Boro and Luton play on the Weds. Then play each other the following Monday before we play on the Wednesday.

We are at least playing at the same time as both of them the following Saturday.
Scratch the last statement, Luton play the monday 1st May.

Back
Top Bottom