Post match Micky Adams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Unless it's written in the Loan contract that he can't play and considering we are Sheff Utd, it won't be, it's up to Clough whether he has a gentlemans agreement with MA. That, if proved, could also lead to mis-conduct charge from the FA with 3rd party influence rule enforced.

No, it's the other way around with loans. You can't play against your parent club UNLESS both clubs agree to it. That's why Jimmy "hopeles crock" Bullard sat out the game for Ipswich against Hull at the week-end.

I don't care what anyones says about McCabe the side micky adams inherited was good enough to stay up. He didn't need to make so many changes and his results are simply a disgrace.

I don't know what side you were watching before. I'll concede that Adams changes have made no difference. He's raised quite a few questions about himself. But the team he inherited was utterly crap too. He did need to make a lot of changes. What we're seeing now is the type of crap you can end up with when you're left bottom fishing.

UTB

Trouble with that interview is that Micky will have lost the changing room even more.
He may well be pissing in the wind with the players attitudes [maybe its Cressy's willingness to put it in during training and every game that keeps him on the team sheet - whether he's good enough is something different] and he may well be right about the attitude of the squad that should have been said in the changing room to their faces not in public. He’s made the task of 9 wins a bit more difficult.

I was thinking this about him losing the dressing room. Of what benefit is it to say "he gave away a stupid penalty" What is he going to do, tell Collins to not give away stupid penalties? Seems pointless to me critising individuals at a time like this. If you think their stupid and crap, pick someone else. If their all we have then.............

He was far too eager to send Britton back IMO. Surely he could have convinced him to stay til the end of the season?

But we don't know how determined Britton was to go back to Swansea. Adams may have tried to persuade him to stay for all we know.

had no signings been made, we'd have been struggling to put out 11 players some weeks, let alone fill the substitutes bench. Some signings had to be made, and I suspect not much money was available. What we got may have been all we could get.

To be honest i didn't think much to Britton and wasn't that bothered about him going back to Swansea. I thought he looked a bit lightweight and used to go missing from games.

Here we go (todays Mail)

Sheffield United manager Micky Adams has admitted he will be having talks about his future later this week after his side were beaten 3-2 by relegation rivals Scunthorpe.

Adams, who is United’s fourth manager this season, has not had a win in 11 games since taking over at Bramall Lane in December, leaving the club five points clear of safety.

'My future is out of my hands, that’s down to others, he said. 'I don’t want to resign. I’m sure I will have conversations with the powers that be in the next few days and we’ll see what happens.'

Added Adams, who left Port Vale to take over the Bramall Lane hot seat: 'Its a collective responsibility. If you want to blame people I’m the fourth manager that’s been at Sheffield United this season and from day one it’s not been good.

'It about time the players took responsibility because you can’t fool the public all the time.'

But we don't know how determined Britton was to go back to Swansea. Adams may have tried to persuade him to stay for all we know.

had no signings been made, we'd have been struggling to put out 11 players some weeks, let alone fill the substitutes bench. Some signings had to be made, and I suspect not much money was available. What we got may have been all we could get.

We have plenty of eligible players languishing in the development squad/Academy.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Here we go (todays Mail)

Sheffield United manager Micky Adams has admitted he will be having talks about his future later this week after his side were beaten 3-2 by relegation rivals Scunthorpe.

Adams, who is United’s fourth manager this season, has not had a win in 11 games since taking over at Bramall Lane in December, leaving the club five points clear of safety.

'My future is out of my hands, that’s down to others, he said. 'I don’t want to resign. I’m sure I will have conversations with the powers that be in the next few days and we’ll see what happens.'

Added Adams, who left Port Vale to take over the Bramall Lane hot seat: 'Its a collective responsibility. If you want to blame people I’m the fourth manager that’s been at Sheffield United this season and from day one it’s not been good.

'It about time the players took responsibility because you can’t fool the public all the time.'

The quotes from Adams appear to have been cribbed directly from his Post-match chat with Paul Walker on radio Sheffield.

We have plenty of eligible players languishing in the development squad/Academy.

And maybe now he'll use a few of them. I don't think there are many managers who would have used them up to this point, bar perhaps the odd one for the odd appearance.

Back
Top Bottom