Thrashed 8.0 at home to Newcastle, where do Sheffield United go from here?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

man utd lost 0-7 at liverpool to them more catastrophic , they ended up in europe
bournemouth lost 0-9 stayed up
southampton lost 0-9 stayed up

, not once but twice 2019 and 2021
man utd beat ipswich 9-0 in 1995 the only team relegated with a 9-0 loss

where do we go now ... west ham and go again

has anyone thought that the death of the sufc ladies players may have had some effect

Last edited:

If we sack Hecky and bring in another manager that person will want 'time'.

We'll hear all the usual platitudes. 'These are not my players', 'Judge me after one (or even two) transfer windows'. etc etc.

As fans we'll allow the new guy a honeymoon period. The almost inevitable will be relegation.

I'm in total favour of retaining Hecky. He may have some tough decisions to come up with if he sees players who won't die for the shirt.

The Prince's statement about Wilder a few weeks ago was irresponsible and immature. He's added pressure onto all the staff wich wasn't deserved.
I think most of the problems stem from the owner, our meagre budget and disastrous transfer window. I am not sure how much responsibility Hecky takes for transfer dealings but I would say suggest that he is only he is only JUST in credit as a manager but goodwill soon runs out with lots of heavy defeats.

Pros
  • Smart guy, good with the media.
  • Very sensible figurehead, keeps calm
  • Well liked (players and staff)
  • Players seem to get better under his leadership
  • Has used youth a bit better than some other managers - but still could do better
  • Got us promoted
Cons
  • Terrible injury list under his management
  • Lack of players bought in via transfer (key areas not addressed, budget too low, wrong type of players bought in etc)
  • Offered contract renewals to players who were too old and injury prone
  • Hasn't used new players or incoming transfers well (first few games of the season were a joke, still hasnt started Trusty etc)
  • No attacking tactics, no new ideas for the team
  • Exceptionally defensive team set ups
  • In game management is shockingly bad
  • His staff recruits seem to have made key areas worse (it may be just a coincidence but fitness and defence got a lot worse after he appointed people to those briefs)

I personally would love to see us change the owner and keep Hecky on as SUFC Director of Coaching or Football, with a new manager appointed with a decent budget. Cloud cuckoo land I know.

I get the feeling West Ham, rightly or wrongly might be the managers last chance
It's almost certainly going to be decided on the performance against West Ham. If we don't turn up again he's toast and it would be hard to argue against that. However, a bit of fight, guile and desire - ie everything which was missing against Newcastle - might get him a stay of execution until Fulham. Of course, if we ship 5 he'll probably be gone before MOTD airs.

I think most of the problems stem from the owner, our meagre budget and disastrous transfer window. I am not sure how much responsibility Hecky takes for transfer dealings but I would say suggest that he is only he is only JUST in credit as a manager but goodwill soon runs out with lots of heavy defeats.

Pros
  • Smart guy, good with the media.
  • Very sensible figurehead, keeps calm
  • Well liked (players and staff)
  • Players seem to get better under his leadership
  • Has used youth a bit better than some other managers - but still could do better
  • Got us promoted
Cons

Terrible injury list under his managemen ------ Must get him to stop kicking them

No attacking tactics, no new ideas for the team----HOW DID WE GET 91 POINTS 3RD HISGHEST SCORERS ONL BURNLEY AND BORO SCORED MORE

I personally would love to see a manager with a decent budget. Cloud cuckoo land I know.

man utd lost 0-7 at liverpool to them more catastrophic , they ended up in europe
bournemouth lost 0-9 stayed up
southampton lost 0-9 stayed up

, not once but twice 2019 and 2021
man utd beat ipswich 9-0 in 1995 the only team relegated with a 9-0 loss

where do we go now ... west ham and go again

has anyone thought that the death of the sufc ladies players may have had some effect
I cannot go along with the death of a player causing a total surrender,not with professional footballers.Billy lost his young son and next match played a good game.

It was blatantly obvious they were going down before last Saturday
True,this is definitely NOT the division to be playing players who have not even played in any English division ,never mind Premiership, whatever the reason,it's a recipe for relegation.

Reuters reports, that having been reported missing earlier in the day, Prince Abdullah Bin Mosaad Al Saud, was seen leaving the Saudi Arabian Consulate at 1830 on Sunday 25th September, apparently fit and well.

Nonsense. The Prince has injected every penny back into the club we have earned and spent huge amounts of his own personal money. We’ve bought players (even this season) signed for sums I never thought I’d see. The club needs to be run self sufficiently and shouldn’t be relying on a sugar daddy to prop us up. If that means playing in the Championship then that’s our level and the quicker we accept it the better.
This fake "Prince ' has you fooled clearly . SUFC almost had points docked last season due to this fat arabian idiots appalling mismanagement , only Hecky's outstanding work saved him, and thus scrutiny into his embarrassing incompetence as an owner

You don't give Sheffield United FC the respect they deserve . Anyone who studies attendances , a very decent guide to the size of a Club and the base of reasonable expectations would see SUFC should be in the Premier League every day of the week
A far bigger club than the likes of Brentford , Fulham , Palace , and Bournemouth ..maybe the Clown 'Prince " should go see how the owners of these other clubs , with far less revenue , manage to somehow run their clubs properly and keep them in the Premier League

This fake "Prince ' has you fooled clearly . SUFC almost had points docked last season due to this fat arabian idiots appalling mismanagement , only Hecky's outstanding work saved him, and thus scrutiny into his embarrassing incompetence as an owner

You don't give Sheffield United FC the respect they deserve . Anyone who studies attendances , a very decent guide to the size of a Club and the base of reasonable expectations would see SUFC should be in the Premier League every day of the week
A far bigger club than the likes of Brentford , Fulham , Palace , and Bournemouth ..maybe the Clown 'Prince " should go see how the owners of these other clubs , with far less revenue , manage to somehow run their clubs properly and keep them in the Premier League
Yeah, we probably have the march on the above in terms of public interest and attendances. But Leeds, Leicester, Sunderland, Southampton, and I dare I say it - even Wednesday would have probably get more in our position. If I have it right, I think that only the Man City game actually sold out. So I think our club currently sits pretty much where it should do in terms of attendance/size/kudos/interest etc.
I think we are probably at 'regular peak Blade' in terms of attendances. That's why I don't believe ground improvements to increase capacity are any sort of priority right now.

Yeah, we probably have the march on the above in terms of public interest and attendances. But Leeds, Leicester, Sunderland, Southampton, and I dare I say it - even Wednesday would have probably get more in our position. If I have it right, I think that only the Man City game actually sold out. So I think our club currently sits pretty much where it should do in terms of attendance/size/kudos/interest etc.
I think we are probably at 'regular peak Blade' in terms of attendances. That's why I don't believe ground improvements to increase capacity are any sort of priority right now.

Imagine you have a friend or relative showing interest who asks you to get them an "unrestricted view" seat, next to or near to you, for any upcoming game.
See how easy/impossible that is to achieve.
Being in the Prem despite losing a lot and being out of our depth, is a good time to recruit new fans but they can't get in the ground!
Capacity needs some 10% to 20% slack to be able to grow the fanbase.

Nonsense. The Prince has injected every penny back into the club we have earned and spent huge amounts of his own personal money. We’ve bought players (even this season) signed for sums I never thought I’d see. The club needs to be run self sufficiently and shouldn’t be relying on a sugar daddy to prop us up. If that means playing in the Championship then that’s our level and the quicker we accept it the better.

Fair p
Imagine you have a friend or relative showing interest who asks you to get them an "unrestricted view" seat, next to or near to you, for any upcoming game.
See how easy/impossible that is to achieve.
Being in the Prem despite losing a lot and being out of our depth, is a good time to recruit new fans but they can't get in the ground!
Capacity needs some 10% to 20% slack to be able to grow the fanbase.
Fair point, but there were loads of '2 together' seats on the Kop available up until Friday (when I last checked) if you'd wanted them.....

Fair p

Fair point, but there were loads of '2 together' seats on the Kop available up until Friday (when I last checked) if you'd wanted them.....
In fact, plenty still on (general) sale on the Kop for the Man Utd game, usually the hardest fixture (apart from Wednesday) to get a ticket for. I'm not saying that ticketing couldn't be better, but we don't have the same demand for our games that some folks think we do.....

IMG_2958.png
Ok who’s smart idea was it to name our GK kit colour ‘after eight’ 😭

Back
Top Bottom