Possible Summer Targets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lee Gregory bid in Jan knowing his contract be up at Millwall in summer?

Ricky You do talk rubbish occasionally, but you've been great on this thread. Probably my favourite thread to keep returning to over the summer. Some good insight and research, I've really enjoyed it. Credit where it's due.

Keiffer Moore is scoring for fun in League One and we need a reserve big man.

Hogan will have wasted another 3 months of Villas wage bill now Abraham is there but I'd be very cautious about paying his wages.

What happened to Gallagher is he still at Southampton ?

Ricky You do talk rubbish occasionally, but you've been great on this thread. Probably my favourite thread to keep returning to over the summer. Some good insight and research, I've really enjoyed it. Credit where it's due.

Thanks but you're not allowed to say something like that without giving examples of where I talk rubbish.

Come on then Ricky we now need a list for January!

Too early. If I do it now I'll miss off half the names who'd be on if I did it in November/December, you see....

I'll give you one clue though:

LFF

Keiffer Moore is scoring for fun in League One and we need a reserve big man.

Hogan will have wasted another 3 months of Villas wage bill now Abraham is there but I'd be very cautious about paying his wages.

What happened to Gallagher is he still at Southampton ?

We’ve scored 7 in 2 strikers doesn’t seem to be the issue.

Agreed Bladezz but we know that's the area CW was still looking to strengthen at the end of the window. If we are top 6 in Jan I think the money that was apparently available to sign Waghorn will be spent.

I'd take Dwight Gayle !

Lee Gregory bid in Jan knowing his contract be up at Millwall in summer?

I think Millwall have the option of extending for another year so he won't be a cut-price bargain. Having not gone for him during the last 2 windows, I now feel it will never happen

Thanks but you're not allowed to say something like that without giving examples of where I talk rubbish.

Too early. If I do it now I'll miss off half the names who'd be on if I did it in November/December, you see....

LFF
A quick google brings up

London Film Festival

London Fetish Fair :eek:

..I know who you mean though. The figures i've seen touted would seem to be out of our price range, but who knows.

I think Millwall have the option of extending for another year so he won't be a cut-price bargain. Having not gone for him during the last 2 windows, I now feel it will never happen

I thought they did that extension a few months ago.

LFF

Er....er....

Is it.... Little Fluffy Fox ??

To be a fox in the box for us?

After that, I'm stumped.

Edit- or is it 'Lee Fuk Flaps' the soon to be a Chinese star / international...?

Reckon he means "Luke F*cking Freeman".

He'd be my ideal signing, too. Gutted when we turned our attentions away from him after getting Woodburn. Woodburn worked out cheaper, sure, but we need a long-term alternative to Duffman. Freeman would be class and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in the next year particularly considering how QPR are doing. Just hope it's not to one of the Big Bad Parachute Payment Bullies.

Reckon he means "Luke F*cking Freeman".

He'd be my ideal signing, too. Gutted when we turned our attentions away from him after getting Woodburn. Woodburn worked out cheaper, sure, but we need a long-term alternative to Duffman. Freeman would be class and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in the next year particularly considering how QPR are doing. Just hope it's not to one of the Big Bad Parachute Payment Bullies.
In hindsight we probably didn't need to save the money by bringing in woodburn. Can't see us signing a Duffy replacement this season now. I hope QPR are one of the teams relegated and we can poach a player or two.

And another two of the runners land on deadline day. One from post #1 and one from #37.

7 out of 8.

Well done thread.
Yes, good OP and thread, as was last season’s.

Freeman wasn't for sale, and there were plenty of others interested as well as us.

Too much competition for Freeman this summer meaning that if we had pursued him the chances are he would have ended up costing too much of been snapped up by one of the lazy clubs who seem to let others (including Utd) do the scouting work for them before they step in at the end and gazump us.

Let him stay where he is for now. I'm sure CW and the club will be monitoring him regularly and I think he will be a target again in January or next summer. CW clearly rates him, you only have to listen to his comments about him after the QPR match earlier this season.

Think this potential transfer is a slow burner but like the Mounties, CW always gets his man...

I think we should have an excellent chance of signing Freeman in January, especially if we're up there in the table.

I think we tried for him after signing Woodburn. We just didn't try very hard. But by January, we'll have about 4 months left of Woodburn so his presence would be no reason not to strongly pursue Freeman.

Duffy's form could also have a bearing but I don't see his standards dropping any time soon. Even so, having him and Freeman competing for that position would be awesome and there are various ways to get them on the pitch together anyway.

We still need that striker and maybe a quick defender but we are now in an awkward position; players we need are out of reach.

I think we tried for him after signing Woodburn. We just didn't try very hard. But by January, we'll have about 4 months left of Woodburn so his presence would be no reason not to strongly pursue Freeman.

Purely from what I've read from people more ITK than I am, it sounds like we dropped the Freeman interest after we got Woodburn. And applying my own logic, that seems to make sense.

Purely from what I've read from people more ITK than I am, it sounds like we dropped the Freeman interest after we got Woodburn. And applying my own logic, that seems to make sense.

I thought Wilder had confirmed we had bid for Freeman well after Woodburn had arrived. Could be wrong though

I thought Wilder had confirmed we had bid for Freeman well after Woodburn had arrived. Could be wrong though

Maybe you're right, in which case fair enough. My only counter would be that Wilder plays pretty fast and loose with what "we've got bids in" means. It could mean we made an offer two weeks ago which wasn't flat out rejected. It'll be unlikely to happen anyway but he uses it to keep parties we're dealing with on their toes.

What about a loan move for Brahim Diaz from Man City? 18 years of age, attacking midfielder, made a few appearances for the first team this season. Clearly not going to get into City's starting XI any time soon so a loan with someone like us would do the young lad some good.

Clip made mostly from youth football games, but Pep has clearly seen something there.

Update: Signed for Real Madrid.

Wilder misses out again. Fucks sake.

David McGoldrick has left Ipswich.

Might not be an obvious one for us now but I predict he'll get into double figures for whoever signs him. Very capable player when in the right team and confident. Far from past it.
Fair play - you called this one!

Back
Top Bottom