Possible Summer Targets - Premier League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The difference now, is we have a warchest.

Not according to Wilder’s latest interview on BBC.

Personally I think we’ll bring in 2-3 additions as competition for the match day 18 and try to keep as many of this years 11 as possible.

Maupay 15m with another 10 of we stay up.
Abraham on loan
Canos
Bowen
Hendo
And a CB.

40-60m and we'll stay up

And if we don't we can sell all of them for more than they will cost us.

The difference now, is we have a warchest and we're a really exciting proposition to come to, with a management that are proven to develop your game.

It would be a warchest if we were still in the Championship but it isn't now we're in the Premier League. We'll still be behind the other teams in regards to budget

I would prioritise 3 players with pace, One in each of defence, midfield and attack. I would also go for Tom Cairney; him and Norwood in midfield could do some damage in the Premier league. Wilder appears to like Cairney. He did last season anyway. I reckon Wilder's best business will be done in January. By then he will have learned what is truly required and will have players in mind to fill any gaps. He appears to be a fast learner, look at his learning curve in the Champs.

Realistically, he's going to go for

GK
LWB understudy
LCB understudy
Duffy heir
Powerful striker and a Billy heir, either with pace.

Not according to Wilder’s latest interview on BBC.

Personally I think we’ll bring in 2-3 additions as competition for the match day 18 and try to keep as many of this years 11 as possible.

He has to say that though. If he calls it a war chest then we pay a premium.

Young blood (with high potential) mixed with a couple of wise old heads will keep me happy.

With Charlie Adam leaving Stoke and stating he wants to play at the highest level, I’ve got a feeling we’ll sign him on a free for cover

Daniel James
Neal Maupay
Joe Hart [if not hendo] - a freebie with loads of experience
John McGinn - If Villa don't make it
A CB as cover

Done!

With Charlie Adam leaving Stoke and stating he wants to play at the highest level, I’ve got a feeling we’ll sign him on a free for cover

I hope not, he wouldn’t be good enough even if we were still in the Championship. He turns like an oil tanker. Was only good enough to start 4 games for Stoke this season.

Long shots...

Scott McTominay - If a situation develops where he's available for loan then he'd be an excellent signing.

Phil Foden - As above, but an even longer shot.

Aaron Mooy - Could be our new 'never gives the ball away'. But expensive.

Dan James - Very fast, exciting winger but I expect interest from top 10 clubs.

Che Adams - Credit to him for developing as he has. He's in superb shape now and has learned the centre forward role. Would be so ideal for us. But probably Leicester bound.

Jarrod Bowen
- Real goalscoring attacking midfielder, but a likely £15m+ price could rule us out.

Divock Origi - Would Liverpool loan him out? To us? Doubt it. But he's the sort of athletic all round attacker we could do with.

Josh Maja - Would Bordeaux sell him? Does he want to come back to England? Would be a good investment.

Dominic Solanke - Wages? Would he pass the Arsehole Test?

Fernando Forestieri - See above! He's the right type of player though and I'd back him to do well under good management.
I have to pull you up on the last one ,attitude and injuries aside he is one of the least productive players in the championship. Capable of a worldy a season but apart from.that hes invisible

I hope not, he wouldn’t be good enough even if we were still in the Championship. He turns like an oil tanker. Was only good enough to start 4 games for Stoke this season.
I agree, wouldn’t excite me, but could see Wilder signing someone like him who has had past prem experience that won’t cost a fortune.

Would love to see us get Maupay and Canos, two players with massive futures. Probably get them both for about 15m

Would love to see us get Maupay and Canos, two players with massive futures. Probably get them both for about 15m

I think there's a chance Maupay could raise the £15m by himself. A case of strikers and supply and demand

And if that fee isn't far off the mark, I don't see the club going for him

I believe we need a striker capable of making his mark in the prem, Where from, I don't know, (rocking horse shit) but I don't think we have the fire power up front to make a regular contribution in the top flight. Goals make prizes

Charlie Austin is a great striker always seems to score goals and available.
15/16 - 6 goals in championship 1 goal in premier league
16/17 - 6 goals
17/18 - 7 goals
18/19 - 2 goals

He isn’t good enough, just another name that will cost approx £10m and +£50k per week.

I don't know how the wage situation would work for our budget, but I'd love us to try to get Danny Drinkwater on a half season loan. He's been in the wilderness at Chelsea and he'd be great competition for Fleck and Norwood. He has the right qualities in terms of ability and the right attitude to fit in with what Wilder wants from a player, and can bring valuable top flight experience to the team.

I don't know how the wage situation would work for our budget, but I'd love us to try to get Danny Drinkwater on a half season loan. He's been in the wilderness at Chelsea and he'd be great competition for Fleck and Norwood. He has the right qualities in terms of ability and the right attitude to fit in with what Wilder wants from a player, and can bring valuable top flight experience to the team.

Why only half a season? BTW Drinkwater is on £100k/week at Chelsea

Stoke need a clear out apparently, and I'd like Joe Allen if at all possible. Diego Jota would still be my first choice competition for Duffy.

Why only half a season? BTW Drinkwater is on £100k/week at Chelsea

I figured that Chelsea would be looking to get rid so they'd want to cash in at Christmas if he was playing regularly on loan elsewhere, so a half season loan seemed more likely than a full season.

Sadly it's unlikely as even paying half his wages would be out of our likely budget.

What I do know is that I trust Wilder implicitly no matter who he signs. He's got some wrong before, Hussey, Thomas, Woodburn etc but when he gets them right they're awesome.

If we could only sign one player, I think I'd sign Dan James. He has the commodity that we don't have any of, sheer pace. He's bloody scary when he's running with the ball and could open a lot of defences.

Tammy Abraham
Neal Maupay
Joe Lolley
Jarod Bowen

Ambitious, yes, but we're going to need to be.

Back
Top Bottom