[POLL] Who was worth it?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Of the players we signed/loaned, who has been worth while?

• Total voters
Reaction score
(select all that you think were worth it, you can even pick all 4)

I'm not sure on who cost what (I don't think anyone is other than the board) so we cant tell who was best value for money but of who we signed/loaned who has achieved what we had hoped.

(Ricky has been injured tbf so we haven't seen alot of him)

Last edited:

None of them have excelled to be fair.

Evans probably the pick of the bunch so far.

Are we allowed to actually give them a bit of time before we decide?

Given that they were brought in as reinforcements to hopefully push us into the playoffs I was just interested in what people thought of them, it is too soon to give a definite answer on if they were worth it tho I agree.

Can't believe some of the pelters Evans is getting around here.

Wilder identified Lundstram was a weakness, brought in Evans to replace him and Fulham aside, we've looked a lot tighter since.

As soon as Coutts is back, I'm pretty chuffed with the midfield 3 we can put out away from home.

The pole should say who’s been worth it “so far”.

Of the 4 names the best to date has been Evans. He’s been OK and up to standard.
Good but not as good as Coutts but I expect him to understand his role better when he’s had a preseason.

The others have hardly been used, so its far too early to judge.

It’s often said don’t expect much from January signings because they struggle to immediately fit into their new club.
Just look at how Alexi Sanchez is struggling at Man Utd.

Evans has been ok and given us the calmness and passing needed in that deep midfield role (though not to Coutts’ standard), Leonard has been patchy but looked better in the RCB role yesterday. Both are a good age to grow with us.

Holmes has been poor in the appearances I’ve seen, seems as lightweight as Brooks and is already 30. I struggle to see what he will offer us long term and I don’t think will prove to be a good signing. If we needed someone who could play as a second #10 or a winger, who will run at defenders and shoot from range we already had Thomas looking decent in his rare first team opportunities.

Wilson doesn’t work hard enough and doesn’t show his talents frequently enough. I don’t think he will bust a gut to make a difference in the run in compared to the other forwards.

Leonard will be decent once he stops babbing himself every time he gets the ball. He's gonna be a good solid player for us.

Evans will be as good as Coutts.

I'd like to think Holmes would be a game changer but I doubt he can make the step up. Love his effort though. He'll be out of it next season.

James Wilson - meh

The fact that the OP has seen fit to have this poll, just highlights the unrealistic expectations some fans have of any new players.
They haven't been here five minutes and most of them have had less playing time in a United shirt than John Ebbrell, FFS can we at least give 'em a chance to unpack, before we write them off :eek:

The fact that the OP has seen fit to have this poll, just highlights the unrealistic expectations some fans have of any new players.
They haven't been here five minutes and most of them have had less playing time in a United shirt than John Ebbrell, FFS can we at least give 'em a chance to unpack, before we write them off :eek:
I agree with you actually, as sheffsteel said earlier, I should have specified 'so far', I had assumed that people would understand that nobody could be written off so quickly, the poll was more to get an idea of how people thought our new signings have performed and how much they have helped to keep us in the mix.

I voted for all 4 could just have easily voted for 0,1,2,or 3.

Best determined at the end of the season I reckon.

Can I be honest. I wanted Holmes to do well but he’s terrible. Doesn’t even look like a footballer. He looks like a gym instructor or a music teacher or something.

All have been poor to okay, but time will tell.

Steargoat was dogshit, past it, only wanting one last payday, only playing because Wilder had bought him ( ? ) not that long ago.

Football fans are thick. We know fuck all to be honest.

I remember a time when Jamie Murphy and Paul Coutts had people frothing at the mouth and people would have paid good money to have them ousted from the club.

Football fans are thick. We know fuck all to be honest.

I remember a time when Jamie Murphy and Paul Coutts had people frothing at the mouth and people would have paid good money to have them ousted from the club.

And all we've got to show is a Desso......

Back
Top Bottom