CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

money comes from Dozy before christmas agreement of how to move forward with payments but not in time for us to get someone in during January.

Rifleman - you say we're in 'big trouble', could you expand on this with detail and foreseen consequences? This is a very general statement from you.

The ground is being sold and turned into student flats.

Fans will be asked to help shift the WW2 bomb from the KOP as we can't afford to do it.

The comments for the past 4/5 years have been 'We are custodians and would never put the club in jeoprady'.

Its always been the reason why we claim we don't pay out on large wages like other clubs.

Yet here we are. Its almost like paying £17m, £20m, £23m on transfer fees is just as risky as paying the odd player £50k a week

***132 if South Barnsley stop up because you can guarantee they'll play their now-traditional 9-1-0 formation against us and we'll labour to two 0-0 defeats again

Is there legal precedent for this? Clubs being deducted points for delayed payments? Clubs deducted points for the same thing despite already being punished?
Even then why are the points not deducted this season ? Is it due to the offence taking place in the Championship?

I can't help but wonder how fucked we'd be without promotion last season.
The offences were while we were subject to EFL rules rather than Premier League rules. The EFL doesn't have jurisdiction over PL clubs, which is why they couldn't have insisted that Forest rightly have half their ground shut down after the assaults on our players. If by some miracle we stop up this season this deduction will roll over until we get relegated.

Rifleman - you say we're in 'big trouble', could you expand on this with detail and foreseen consequences? This is a very general statement from you.
Tried this approach before with Rifleman and BalticBlade, never a response. Tends to just be a "told you so" when something eventually goes bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris fell down some stairs tomorrow morning and they claimed they knew about it weeks ago.

Which would have meant selling players to cover the bills, and probably not getting promoted last season.

It's as easy as that. Everyone would have been delighted by the good management. No really. :)

First things first - I want a club to support. The Prince might be reckless enough to gamble the house on promotion whilst dancing with fraudulent “investors”. But I don’t approve.

Could have been worse. 2 points is rather random to say we paid the debts and also went under a transfer embargo, but at least we won't be placed under another embargo in the summer. I don't think it's as bad as it sounds. It's poor from the board and it turns a win next season to a draw.
We can start the season bottom and finish top.
And if the pigs stay up they are guaranteed to be above us for at least one game. That’ll make their year bless em. 🤣🤣

"(d) The 30 Day Rule and transfer embargo placed on the Club had been ineffective incircumstances where the Club had secured promotion to the Premier League."

This seems absolutely fucking insane logic. Oh we punished you for this but it didn't derail your season so we will do it again. How on earth can that be?

The whole sport is a shit show at the minute.
My interpretation of that point is that the transfer embargo would have went on for longer but because we were promoted it became "ineffective" as we were no longer in EFL jurisdiction and were free to make all the transfers we did. I may be wrong though and it seems a very vague thing to say when most of the document is explicitly explained.

I genuinely belive the £8m will have to be given back, if it was profit from fraud, and it's alleged that fraud was committed.

As for the two points. Meh..

We've had teams piss all over us this season, big wow 2 fucking points, we'll get 6 off the pigs if they can scrape out of it.

It's alright saying its only 2 points yada yada. It's enough to make us look like the shitshow that we are and it WILL come into the minds of players in the summer thinking which club to join or rejoin.

First things first - I want a club to support. The Prince might be reckless enough to gamble the house on promotion whilst dancing with fraudulent “investors”. But I don’t approve.
Which doesn't alter the point I made one iota. We see the same reaction every time we make a big sale. It's vary rare for anyone to say "I'm glad the club is being run well" after the sale of star player.

And there was far more risk of us not having a club to support if we didn't get promoted last season. Balancing the books would probably have cost us that.

I've never been so disillusioned with football. It seems intent on killing itself.

Money is already spoiling the competition and spoiling the fan's experience, now it's directly dictating how many points clubs have on the board.

"(d) The 30 Day Rule and transfer embargo placed on the Club had been ineffective incircumstances where the Club had secured promotion to the Premier League."

This seems absolutely fucking insane logic. Oh we punished you for this but it didn't derail your season so we will do it again. How on earth can that be?

The whole sport is a shit show at the minute.

Imagine the PL situation.

They give them a £40 million fine.......instead of a points deduction (like every other team).

Imagine the PL announcing the day after the season ended....."we assumed you'd be relegated hence the fine but as you won 8 out of your last 10 matches you effectively escaped your punishment......so we will now deduct you 3 points....so West Ham are relegated instead of Sheffield United".

I've never been so disillusioned with football. It seems intent on killing itself.

Money is already spoiling the competition and spoiling the fan's experience, now it's directly dictating how many points clubs have on the board.

I agree with the sentiment of that but you can't have clubs buying and loaning players and not paying for them without any sanction.

Which doesn't alter the point I made one iota. We see the same reaction every time we make a big sale. It's vary rare for anyone to say "I'm glad the club is being run well" after the sale of star player.

And there was far more risk of us not having a club to support if we didn't get promoted last season. Balancing the books would probably have cost us that.

All true, but it’s our owner who put us in that position. And we got lucky.

I don’t want an owner who can’t underwrite his own fuck ups.

It’s not football’s fault that we didn’t pay the bills.

I remember being at Derby and the away end singing “pay your fucking bills”.

We should probably do the same.

I agree with the sentiment of that but you can't have clubs buying and loaning players and not paying for them without any sanction.

there is a sanction....the rules at the time were delayed payments result in a transfer embargo....that's what's happened to other clubs.

When we've written on here in the recent past that the club was in real trouble nobody wanted to believe it, then things like this come up and you realise some are not paying attention to the deeper meanings of embargoes etc..

They'd wonder how a shyster or 2 could get close to owning the club, but that was desperation cause we can't pay the bills, going up saved the club financially, whispers of administration were real..

Hecky and the team saved us from that, but its only a short term rescue, we need to be bought now, but that's a lot harder to do than it is to say..

It’s not football’s fault that we didn’t pay the bills.

I remember being at Derby and the away end singing “pay your fucking bills”.

We should probably do the same.

I agree, but money shouldn't be dictating things to this extent in the first place.

All true, but it’s our owner who put us in that position. And we got lucky.

I don’t want an owner who can’t underwrite his own fuck ups.
We didn't get lucky at all - he pushed the boundaries and it got us promoted, and that has now cost us 2 points. I don't see where luck's involved. Holding on to players (often against financial) sense is what the people have been crying out for for years. "Show some ambition United" - generally translated to "someone else throw lots of money at something I'm not prepared to.

There's loads of shit to throw at the owner, but I think people, on the whole, are being laughably hypocritical on this one.

Back
Top Bottom