CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"(d) The 30 Day Rule and transfer embargo placed on the Club had been ineffective incircumstances where the Club had secured promotion to the Premier League."

This seems absolutely fucking insane logic. Oh we punished you for this but it didn't derail your season so we will do it again. How on earth can that be?

The whole sport is a shit show at the minute.

Then they should have given us a 2 point deduction last season then.

It was missed instalments for Brewster that forced us into the temporary embargo wasn't it?

Might as well resign ourselves to losing Blaster in the summer now!
Not paying loan payments that had been due too.

The statement suggests we aren't competing though as we don't have a pot to piss in.
No we arent complaining because we know we’re on a hiding to fuck all trying to challenge the corruption and bollocks. Better to cooperate and get 2 points than to kick off and get 6 or 8

Sad day. Had always hoped we'd be one of the clubs that wouldn't fall foul of the rules to the point we end up with a points deduction.
Still suspect we'll end up repaying the Dozy money, maybe with interest, so we're not in a great position at all.
Amazing how we've ended up like this with the level of income we've received over the last five years but here we are.

Then they should have given us a 2 point deduction last season then.

The club are entirely to blame for this but stuff like that I can't accept. What the fuck is this? Basically saying unless you have some real detriment from the punishment we are gonna come at you again. That's almost kangaroo court stuff.

Is there legal precedent for this? Clubs being deducted points for delayed payments? Clubs deducted points for the same thing despite already being punished?
Even then why are the points not deducted this season ? Is it due to the offence taking place in the Championship?

I can't help but wonder how fucked we'd be without promotion last season.

"(d) The 30 Day Rule and transfer embargo placed on the Club had been ineffective incircumstances where the Club had secured promotion to the Premier League."

This seems absolutely fucking insane logic. Oh we punished you for this but it didn't derail your season so we will do it again. How on earth can that be?

The whole sport is a shit show at the minute.

Agree...does lack logic. Surely if before the season starts the punishment is "an embargo", then you can't pick and choose another punishment to suit.

This strikes me as the EFL flexing it's muscles and we're being used as the scapegoat regards their spat with the PL.
The EFL want the PL to end parachute payments and they also want the PL to give them more TV money.

The PL have rightly refused to end parachute payments as it damages the quality of their league
and they've volunteered to give the EFL more money but it's a relatively small increase.
Their argument is......they aren't a charity.....their club make all the money....hardly anyone is interested in the Championship.
So why should the EFL greatly benefit from their success?

It’s alright complaining about the rules / interpretation of rules between prem and EFL but we shouldn’t be in the situation in the first place.

Just pay the fucking bills on time.

Purely down to miss management of the club. Nothing else.
Which would have meant selling players to cover the bills, and probably not getting promoted last season.

It's as easy as that. Everyone would have been delighted by the good management. No really. :)

Sad day. Had always hoped we'd be one of the clubs that wouldn't fall foul of the rules to the point we end up with a points deduction.
Still suspect we'll end up repaying the Dozy money, maybe with interest, so we're not in a great position at all.
Amazing how we've ended up like this with the level of income we've received over the last five years but here we are.
Dozy money came in handy in the short term.

The club are entirely to blame for this but stuff like that I can't accept. What the fuck is this? Basically saying unless you have some real detriment from the punishment we are gonna come at you again. That's almost kangaroo court stuff.

Well I just don't know where they get off punishing the club twice for the same crime so to speak in the space of 2 years.

If we fell foul of the rules last season, admitted to it, took the embargo on the chin and restructured paying what was owed. Then I don't see why they are coming back at us over a year later.

Said this in my post moaning about Everton, Forrest if we’ve broken the rules we have to take it on the chin, which it seems we have but yet again the absolutely shocking mismanagement from our club to not have the fees available to pay as and when they are due.
Irrelevant if the money was meant to be arriving it should have arrived, thankfully it’s only 2 points but to say some clubs don’t even pay wages and get suspended points deduction is ridiculous but we’re where we are

Is there legal precedent for this? Clubs being deducted points for delayed payments? Clubs deducted points for the same thing despite already being punished?
Even then why are the points not deducted this season ? Is it due to the offence taking place in the Championship?

I can't help but wonder how fucked we'd be without promotion last season.

Because it says , on the return to the championship , I think I read that somewhere, so it'll most likely (will) be next season.

Back
Top Bottom