Playoff tickets, First Leg

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The announcement re tickets for this came out extraordinarily quickly given it wasn’t clear where us or forest would finish until the end of all the games affecting those top six league positions.

People have suggested that allocations and locations were agreed with forest but I just can’t see it being sorted out so quickly if that was the case.

Seems like this option was already agreed (based on 🤷‍♂️?) regardless of whether it was forest or hudders or indeed if it was to be Friday or Saturday.
The clubs with a chance of being in the playoffs will no doubt have been in touch with each other in the last couple of weeks discussing the various permutations for this to have come out so quickly. It would help for the club to explain a bit more of the reasons why STHs unaffected by the Forest allocation couldn’t have their seats held, and why the Forest allocation has been increased. If it’s reciprocated at the City Ground, great news - though I can’t see anything on the Forest site to suggest this (when Liverpool were given the Lower Bridgford earlier this season this was made clear in the ticket announcement, plus those affected by moving were given an extra day or two to get tickets before other STHs).

The low prices for this one are really welcome certainly, so well done to the club for that – albeit this now seems it may have been done to soften the blow of the reduced home allocation and seat free-for-all. Let’s make the most of it though. If you’ve mates usually spread out in other stands, why not take the opportunity to sit with them this time? If you’re looking to tick off the BL lower on your list of BDTBL areas where you’ve watched us play, this is a chance to do that too.

Just wait until we get the next bombshell

Because Forest have the corner, no tickets for section H of the South Stand will be available

Same on John Street

And because of the temptation some seven year old might have to run onto the pitch, the first 10 rows of seats on Bramall Lane Lower Tier will also be netted off.

A sell out capacity of 24,000 so that United fans and Forest fans are no closer than 50 yards from each other

Meanwhile at the swill every 'safe' seat that can be sold will be on sale for them against Sunderland

Does anybody know how many ST holders + members we have approx? Just trying to gauge my chances of a ticket in general sale on Monday.

Assuming the ticket allocation set up was either out of the club's hands or they had no choice but to create a 'dammed if we do, dammed if we don't situation', it's pretty clear everyone has been inconvenienced a bit rather than a few inconvenienced more than a bit.

I'm a ST holder in the Westfield Corner who has bought on the SS, but a better solution would've been:

All ST holders except those in the Westfield have 48 hours to secure their seats - no transfers or buying other seats in this window.

Westfield ST holders then get 48 hours to find seats, either empty places or ST holders who aren't going / didn't buy in their priority window.

Members without ST then get a window, before general sale.

It's obvious the ticket system doesn't have the infrastructure to apply this sort of lock/unlock seats option, which is really where this is falling down.

The influence SAG / SYP have is very restrictive, but the club should have better solutions and be prepared for the need to be flexible.

The inability to segregate the Upper Tier despite it being sealed off inside by brick walls or exit doors, is a big cause of the issue here.

Last edited:
They've fucked up making it a free for all for season ticket holders though, why not just let us renew? Seems easier and would cause less shit!

Good to see some balance. Far too positive on here today ……
In fairness Sean this made me chuckle and aye, I don't think I could often be accused of being a moaner but fair play, there wasn't much to moan about yesterday.

What I did see though was the 250-odd (some very odd) posts that have followed with folk not getting their own seats. Everyone who's played it down and said "Sit somewhere else FFS" is right of course aye, the important thing's getting in. But I also suspect that means they've managed to get their own seats.

People go with their families aye but also, you get to know everyone who has season tickets round about you don't you, that's part of it all. And we're all creatures of habit and a bit superstitious/obsessive about these things too aren't we?

I think having fans who've sat in their seat for however many years having to shift is just a bit daft when we could have had a renewal window, and given those who've been pretty unfairly shifted for Forest's fans the pick of non-season ticket seats. I reckon we've made an unnecessary rod for our own backs.

Meanwhile, great pricing, I couldn't give a bugger about print at home tickets and don't see the problem, can't fault the rest of it.

Forest fans have until Tuesday to secure their own seats for the match at the city ground..it’s hardly rocket science to organise it.

They also knew they were in the playoffs right after their final whistle vs Bournemouth which is slightly more lead time

I struggle to see how people would assume that. At checkout it quite clearly asks you to choose either the option to print at home or the option to use a mobile ticket.

If you go through that process and make one of those choices, only to then assume that you can still use your card, that's on you.

I'm a ST holder. I'll be using a mobile ticket. I don't really see what the problem is.
I chose the print at home option, but my tickets came out really fuzzy even though my printer is fine.
I predict absolute chaos next Saturday at the turnstiles, not sure it I can change now to the phone option.

Couldn’t care less about moving seats tbh. Never sit in my ST seats for cup games. Like to try out a variety of different vantage points.

Gone for the print at home. Considering the rest of the world was doing this 15 years ago amazed football has only just cottoned on.

Also well done to the club on the pricing. Was fearing a cash in like the Burnley game last season but lessons have clearly been learned.

I’ve managed to get a ticket luckily. Any season ticket holders able to help my old man out? Worried he will struggle in general sale with forest getting such a big allocation?

Are they getting a bigger allocation, or just a different allocation?

It is clear to see from all this thread that despite previous ticket fiascos stretching back as far as I remember (quarter final ticket for Blackburn on sale while blades were travelling back from Southampton) the club is still run by imbeciles.

Assuming the ticket allocation set up was either out of the club's hands or they had no choice but to create a 'dammed if we do, dammed if we don't situation', it's pretty clear everyone has been inconvenienced a bit rather than a few inconvenienced more than a bit.

I'm a ST holder in the Westfield Corner who has bought on the SS, but a better solution would've been:

All ST holders except those in the Westfield have 48 hours to secure their seats - no transfers or buying other seats in this window.

Westfield ST holders then get 48 hours to find seats, either empty places or ST holders who aren't going / didn't buy in their priority window.

It's obvious the ticket system doesn't have the infrastructure to apply this sort of lock/unlock seats option, which is really where this is falling down.

The influence SAG / SYP have is very restrictive, but the club should have better solutions and be prepared for the need to be flexible.

The inability to segregate the Upper Tier despite it being sealed off inside by brick walls or exit doors, is a big cause of the issue here.
The best and obvious solution would have been to keep as the rest of the season, Forest lower tier and season ticket holders having until Tuesday evening to activate their cards. General sale from Wednesday.
Then move kick off to 12.30 to satisfy plod.

If you’re looking to tick off the BL lower on your list of BDTBL areas where you’ve watched us play, this is a chance to do that too.
Whoopy-dah.

Last time I went on that end was the Anglo-Scottish Cup Semi Final v St Mirren. Never again, it's shit.

Saying that, it might be possible to buy a pint there at half time.

By giving Forest the upper tier we have reduced the number of home tickets which can be sold by around 3,000.

The lower tier holds around 1,000 less than the upper. Also, the corner will be closed (around 2k).

I find it incredible that we’re reducing our home capacity by 10/15% for one of the most important games in the last few years.

Off Forest website.

Ticket details for the first leg at Bramall Lane have now been confirmed, with the club receiving a full allocation of 3,188 reserved seat tickets in the Bramall Lane Stand.

No sell out of ground capacity due to the above.

I remember the last play off semi against Forest and they sang "you did'nt sell all your tickets" ...............why.......thats because G & H blocks were under lockdown rules cos us Blades are naughty.
I was sitting in G Block for that one.

Is that correct 24,000 capacity for this game or have I got it wrong?.
Bramall Lane Upper and Corner for Forest fans -no regard for people who have season tickets rather unfair.

In fairness Sean this made me chuckle and aye, I don't think I could often be accused of being a moaner but fair play, there wasn't much to moan about yesterday.

What I did see though was the 250-odd (some very odd) posts that have followed with folk not getting their own seats. Everyone who's played it down and said "Sit somewhere else FFS" is right of course aye, the important thing's getting in. But I also suspect that means they've managed to get their own seats.

People go with their families aye but also, you get to know everyone who has season tickets round about you don't you, that's part of it all. And we're all creatures of habit and a bit superstitious/obsessive about these things too aren't we?

I think having fans who've sat in their seat for however many years having to shift is just a bit daft when we could have had a renewal window, and given those who've been pretty unfairly shifted for Forest's fans the pick of non-season ticket seats. I reckon we've made an unnecessary rod for our own backs.

Meanwhile, great pricing, I couldn't give a bugger about print at home tickets and don't see the problem, can't fault the rest of it.

It was tongue in cheek, then, when our seats had gone, probably to one of the Vow of Silence mob from the Westfield - but I’m not normally someone who demands the club should tell us every little thing but they need to explain this bizarre decision.

How boring is your life if you come on a forum an complain about somebody's grammer? Seriously ask your wife to fuck you now an then an you might perk up u sad twat. I earn good money provide for my family an can do everything I want all while leaving school with nothing but hey let's look at my grammar because that's what counts in this world. Nobhead
Bless, you’re a salty one. How boring must your life be to get wound up on a forum by some “Nobhead” you’ve never met. 😂

Apologies, i must’ve misjudged you.

I would not surprise me if the BLUT decision is just a boring cost and practically decision. When you put on the mix the recent pitch invasions around the country, our 'lively' history with forest and the costs and ability to get extra stewards in and police for the match. There is no way the police would allow a 3pm kick off without extra precautions. Therefore it is probably the only practical solution. For the record I am a ST in the corner and had no problem getting a seat in the SS. The main reason I sit in the corner is it is the only place with enough leg room, best view and low percentage of knob heads. Hopefully the directors will behave themselves, as sat next to them.
You are happy ! what about the fan you have turfed out of there seat.

Forest fans have until Tuesday to secure their own seats for the match at the city ground..it’s hardly rocket science to organise it.
However,I’ve been told one of the reasons they have been allocated the upper tier is that when they scored a late goal at the lane,some fans ran on the pitch and a steward got hurt and they don’t want a scenario with both sets of fans on the pitch
All the more reason to limit them to the minimum requirement of 2,000. What genius came up with the idea of giving them 10% capacity. If true the actions of a few have benefitted Florist to the extent they have 500 more tickets and Blades have lost 2,000 with all the accompanying seat distribution problems. If Florist don't reciprocate and give us the extra 1,000 allocation it will be embarrassing.

Simple suggestion how about SAG do their job and police the inside of the ground effectively. More stewards and a few of SYP's finest inside would prevent the resulting mess that has occurred.

You have the job in future!
All it takes is a bit of common sense and fair play

I don't even know were my seat is on kop never sat in it ....always sit with my mates

Reactions: Dkc
However,I’ve been told one of the reasons they have been allocated the upper tier is that when they scored a late goal at the lane,some fans ran on the pitch and a steward got hurt and they don’t want a scenario with both sets of fans on the pitch
So because some of there fans chaos they are then rewarded with more tickets and a better view? We must remember to invade the pitch more often at away games

As you can see, it is now a #FACT that the upper tier/lower tier thing was decided by the police on the basis of previous bad behaviour by Forest fans. The main confirmation of this #FACT comes from - I can't see any other reason why they've done it....

By giving Forest the upper tier we have reduced the number of home tickets which can be sold by around 3,000.

The lower tier holds around 1,000 less than the upper. Also, the corner will be closed (around 2k).

I find it incredible that we’re reducing our home capacity by 10/15% for one of the most important games in the last few years.
You reckon we will sell out? Not been remotely close to selling a playoff game out since the last forest one.

Is that correct 24,000 capacity for this game or have I got it wrong?.
Bramall Lane Upper and Corner for Forest fans -no regard for people who have season tickets rather unfair.
Yes you have got it wrong

Does anybody know how many ST holders + members we have approx? Just trying to gauge my chances of a ticket in general sale on Monday.

Last time this scenario happened we had no chance. There was the odd ticket dotted about fine if you go on your own but there were no seats with 2 or more adjacent. I`m going to try but I doubt there will be anything left.

As you can see, it is now a #FACT that the upper tier/lower tier thing was decided by the police on the basis of previous bad behaviour by Forest fans. The main confirmation of this #FACT comes from - I can't see any other reason why they've done it....
#fact is I got straight on it got our three seats while some where moaning on message forums ,does it really matter what seat your in ,does it matter your not with your mate ,does it matter whether forest are top or bottom ,all that matters is you go out have some ale get to the lane and back our ,your team utb

Back
Top Bottom