Players or Managers that look back and regret joining us

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A mixture of the team around him being terrible and an unusual focus on the Under 21s, for whom he was scoring, probably.

I think you might be right there. One of the stand out players in the FA Youth Cup if I remember rightly.
We paid far more attention to that than utter shitshow that was the regular season.

I think you might be right there. One of the stand out players in the FA Youth Cup if I remember rightly.
We paid far more attention to that than utter shitshow that was the regular season.
You're right, I remember hightailing it to Old Trafford for the away leg of the final, for example.

Bit of early morning comedy for you. Have a look at that glowing record.

Jordan Slew: the Michael Higdon of Conor Sammons

View attachment 147660
Given his record I find it almost incomprehensible that clubs kept on signing him. Maybe the first few clubs thought they could get something out of him but surely by the time he failed, at say Oldham, you would think the penny would have dropped that he is just not good enough for a professional contract. He must have the best agent in football. UTB

Given his record I find it almost incomprehensible that clubs kept on signing him. Maybe the first few clubs thought they could get something out of him but surely by the time he failed, at say Oldham, you would think the penny would have dropped that he is just not good enough for a professional contract. He must have the best agent in football. UTB

It's not even as if he gave any indication of being a good investment. Getting loaned out 5 times in 2 years to clubs way lower down than Blackburn and still only returning 3 goals in that entire time? Bonkers.

Jordan Slew, the only player I can truthfully claim to be ITK on.

He hated every moment at United and was of the opinion the club was holding him back in his career ambitions. We were small-time in his eyes.

Judging by his trajectory, I'd say he's probably had a few more regrets since, cunt.
Is he a mate of Hassan Ayari?

I was wondering a while ago, I wonder if there are any players, or managers that look back on their career and think to themselves, joining Sheffield United was a bad move.

I think there are some pretty obvious ones, like Lee Hendrie and Leon Britton. Can anyone else think of anyone that may regret joining us looking back?
Lee Hendrie - absolutely shite and well overpaid, even in footballer's terms. What's he got to regret, other than being found out by us?

Rian Brewster must have also been thinking WTF have I done joining us, though he does come across as a great and committed guy in all the Blades behind the scenes stuff.
As per Lee Hendrie - a poor footballer who's just been found out. He's being paid FAR more than he's worth.

Unlike Hendrie, his career is in front of him, so there's still a chance of improvement. But we're the ones gettting royally butt fucked here.

Whilst I'm on a roll - a terrible footballer by the time he joined us - picking up his last paycheck, that wasn't deserved.

His best attribute was that his nose was just as big a block as his body.
Love how we were singing "Sit Down Pinocchio" when we were playing Liverpool under Warnock when Warnock was pretty blessed in the nasal department!

Sander Berge has been a disastrous signing all around.

To be fair, he's at least doing well for us at last.

But he's certainly the one who's done best out of the deal. Again, he's just been found out. Unlike those listed above, there's a good footballer there - just nowhere near as good as his agent or fanboys think.

Jordan Slew, the only player I can truthfully claim to be ITK on.

He hated every moment at United and was of the opinion the club was holding him back in his career ambitions. We were small-time in his eyes.

Judging by his trajectory, I'd say he's probably had a few more regrets since, cunt.
Don Hutchison made it public we were the low point of his career

Might not have been a bad move for him, but it certainly was for us fans.

James Harper!!!!

Useless.

If anyone thinks Norwood is Mr Pointy, my god, Harper was the master at it. With no discernable outcome what so ever.

He seems a very decent and humble guy so 'regret' is a strong word but absolutely no way did he plan for or want to be playing anywhere but the very top level in 2022.

Tin hat on...

Sander Berge.

I haven't read the full thread - but it seems to me that we've generated a list of footballers that were found out by us rather than the other way around, and in reality actually did very well from us given how good they actually were.

I'd say Don Hutchinson and Leon Britton could arguably make a claim for playing beneath themselves (or the wrong type of football) when they were with us. Even then it's bald men and combs. I'm not sure about many of the rest.

Not sure if he regrets it but things couldn’t have gone much worse for Sander Berge - moves country to join an upwardly mobile team with an LMA Manager of the Year in charge - 18 months later:

• global pandemic before he’s properly settled into his new digs
  • he’s on his third manager
  • he’s injured
  • we’re in the league below
I’m sure he’s being well compensated financially all the while (and in fairness to him he looks happy enough) but I can’t imagine he’d have imagined this scenario even in his most feverish nightmare when he signed.
Happy? Face like an arse 95 per cent of the time.

Whilst I'm on a roll - a terrible footballer by the time he joined us - picking up his last paycheck, that wasn't deserved.

His best attribute was that his nose was just as big a block as his body.
Youvon about Ian Rush?
What's in the air in Liverpool with regard to hooters?
They make Jimmy 'Schnozzle' Durante look like his nose is small.

Vinny Jones (he wasn't Vinnie when he signed was he) he regrets moving to United.

Tries to gloss over that he ever played here, shits all over us when he's forced to even acknowledge that he played for us between Leeds and Chelsea.

Must have felt a bit silly though trying to sell "soccers" hardest man dvds with Billy Whitehurst sat next to you in the dressing room..

Got squared away in Detroit? and dropped the hard man act from then on..

(slag us off when you were made captain, cheeky barstard)

I was going to suggest the same. When ever I’ve heard him do interviews about his career. He never really talks about us and tries to skip over it. I think he admits he only joined us because of his old pal Harry Basset but was pleased to get away.

Getting up to date I’m thinking maybe Khadra might regret joining us. He’s desperate to play but even when we’re desperate he’s still hardly getting any game time.

He bullied the Man Utd defence in both games and was by far our best player

Not sure if he regrets it but things couldn’t have gone much worse for Sander Berge - moves country to join an upwardly mobile team with an LMA Manager of the Year in charge - 18 months later:

• global pandemic before he’s properly settled into his new digs
  • he’s on his third manager
  • he’s injured
  • we’re in the league below
I’m sure he’s being well compensated financially all the while (and in fairness to him he looks happy enough) but I can’t imagine he’d have imagined this scenario even in his most feverish nightmare when he signed.

We've seen too much of that gorgeous beaming smile of his for him to be regretting signing with the Blades IMO

I think Steve Bruce regretted it pretty much immediately. But I recall reading that he looks back on the experience as a necessary lesson in the world of football management.

Back
Top Bottom