Pitch Invasion (our lack of)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think if we'd have scored a last-minute winner vs West Brom then it would have been different. We cruised the second half so fans were relaxed.

They haven’t even won anything yet. As my Wednesday supporting mate said, “we’ve still got one more chance to fuck it up”.
Can’t remember there being a pitch invasion when we came back to beat Forest after we were 2 goals down with 45 minutes left either?

They haven’t even won anything yet. As my Wednesday supporting mate said, “we’ve still got one more chance to fuck it up”.
Can’t remember there being a pitch invasion when we came back to beat Forest after we were 2 goals down with 45 minutes left either?
Great night... but yes we let ourselves down there. 😕

I'd love them to lose 4-0 again 🤣

They have a very low bar these days for jubilant scenes. They'd set a flare off for the opening of a bag of crisps.

Additionally pitch invasions all seem a bit old hat to me. Big fat blokes running on with their kids to try and get on the the telly, young lads with daft haircuts filming themselves on their phones. That's not to mention the amount of players that have ended up being attacked. Let the players have the spotlight that they've earned.

I remember a few pitch invasions from late 90s/early 2000s and in my eyes (could be wrong) there was always a tacit acceptance from fans that you didn't go confronting/goading the opposition players. Just let them get off the pitch.

They have a very low bar these days for jubilant scenes. They'd set a flare off for the opening of a bag of crisps.

Additionally pitch invasions all seem a bit old hat to me. Big fat blokes running on with their kids to try and get on the the telly, young lads with daft haircuts filming themselves on their phones. That's not to mention the amount of players that have ended up being attacked. Let the players have the spotlight that they've earned.

I remember a few pitch invasions from late 90s/early 2000s and in my eyes (could be wrong) there was always a tacit acceptance from fans that you didn't go confronting/goading the opposition players. Just let them get off the pitch.

You my friend are spot on..

Edit : about the way players get attacked.

you cant critise Forest as much as we did & then run on the pitch. we arent luton 😄

Pitch Invasion never go well, as i said post luton v Sunderland. there are always fans who run straight to the away players or fans to goad them

There's a very low bar for pretty much everything in our society today. When idiots are allowed to behave unchecked things soon plummet to the levels of the lowest common denominator.

I did it lots of times in my teen years, it was an end of season tradition. It was good fun, no harm done.

This was a pre-social media era however, before everybody had their fucking knickers bunched up about everything.

I don't do it anymore, because I'm almost 40, and quite frankly I'm a hollow shell of a man whose youthful exuberance has long since expired, but for everyone else, I say go for it.

Wednesday Mentality:
Friday night: you’re not fit to wear the shirt
Thursday night: can I have your shirt

I was watching the crowd at times yesterday when the cameras panned around to see whether they were behaving and complying with SAG… you know, like for like.

• not sitting in tickets seats: hard to judge but there were lots of empty seats.
  • standing: seemed to be stood towards back of kop all game each time the camera panned where you could see towards the back.
  • pyro: at least one on the pitch
  • entering the playing surface: on 98 mins when they scored 4th and of course at the end of pens

I don’t want to take away from their joy, it’s a big occasion for them. I get that. But the issue with SAG applying ticketing restrictions on us when over in South Barnsley they break the same rules is pretty poor

Personally I think the time has come for harsher club penalties for entering the pitch. It’s not a spontaneous outpouring of emotion, just an excuse to be a twat

Play offs - if the winners fans enter the pitch, they simply get kicked out of the play offs

Last night, as many said, the pig fans were a real 12th man for an all but lost cause. Despite many seats being unoccupied they generated a hostile atmosphere. So they play a huge part in influencing the game

Thing is with pitch invasions main reason we respected it (as a fanbase) was because we were told that if we invaded the pitch then the players would not come back out to applaud the fans and of course for safety measures.

Was this mentioned to the hillsborough crowd last night? If not then that is being negligible regards safety and I'd expect a slap on the wrists.
Luckily as far as I'm aware no one was injured like with what happened to us last year with Billy etc.
To be honest at 4 nil down. The instructions not to throw things at the playing might have been more apt.

We could invade after they've partied on the pitch.

Not going to lie.. my (our)celebration is more important to me than any of the players. On account I've(we've) been a Blade since birth and they've been blades about 3/4 year on average.
Maybe a tad twattish.

Just stay off the fucking pitch, It’s a simple instruction. How self absorbed do you have to be if you want to go on the pitch and prevent the players from taking the plaudits they deserved. Pitch invasions are a tin pot gesture from another age.
I love how "spontaneous outpouring of emotion" actually means "content I can use to look popular on social media"

Rate laugh invading the pitch.....if your under 14. Even better if you do it with a phone and get some shakey footage that you never watch again.

I did it lots of times in my teen years, it was an end of season tradition. It was good fun, no harm done.

This was a pre-social media era however, before everybody had their fucking knickers bunched up about everything.

I don't do it anymore, because I'm almost 40, and quite frankly I'm a hollow shell of a man whose youthful exuberance has long since expired, but for everyone else, I say go for it.

That was fine when it was more acceptable but sadly we live in an age of cunts who can't behave themselves. So instead of fans going on the pitch to celebrate with their team (like we did at Northampton) they prefer to goad away fans, assault opposition players and have a pop at match officials.

That's why we have these new rules regarding pitch invasions.

It wasn't illegal then. it is now.

Agree, it is illegal to be on the pitch.

Wednesday will do well to break crowds of 15,000 next season because anyone on the pitch faces a life time stadium ban.

That was fine when it was more acceptable but sadly we live in an age of cunts who can't behave themselves. So instead of fans going on the pitch to celebrate with their team (like we did at Northampton) they prefer to goad away fans, assault opposition players and have a pop at match officials.

That's why we have these new rules regarding pitch invasions.

What are the new rules? I can’t find anything after googling it

We could invade after they've partied on the pitch.

Not going to lie.. my (our)celebration is more important to me than any of the players. On account I've(we've) been a Blade since birth and they've been blades about 3/4 year on average.
But most fans got more pleasure seeing the players come round and share the celebration with them.
Better than running round on the grass.

Crazy to celebrate they haven't won anything yet, they have made it to the Lge 1 final, not automatic ,that is it.

Back
Top Bottom