Pitch Invasion (our lack of)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After seeing the jubilant scenes at Swillsboro yesterday, I can't believe we've become so easily cowed by the powers that be.

If they don't receive a harsh punishment then I'm never respecting instructions again re pitch invasions.
I enjoyed seeing our players celebrating on the pitch in front of the fans and having the opportunity to go over and share a moment with their loved ones. Last night the Wendy players' celebrations were confined to their dressing room...I know which I prefer.

I enjoyed seeing our players celebrating on the pitch in front of the fans and having the opportunity to go over and share a moment with their loved ones. Last night the Wendy players' celebrations were confined to their dressing room...I know which I prefer.
We could invade after they've partied on the pitch.

Not going to lie.. my (our)celebration is more important to me than any of the players. On account I've(we've) been a Blade since birth and they've been blades about 3/4 year on average.

On a serious note I think it's because of our recent success we don't see a promotion of such a joyous occasion to justify one. We've grown so much as a club in the past decade that doing cartwheels on the pitch over a play-off win in the third tier is thankfully a thing of the past.

What's the point of that? I thought the idea was that it's a spontaneous outpouring of emotion. Otherwise you might as well schedule it for next Tuesday afternoon about half 3 and let people run about on the pitch for a bit
You're right of course, I was being sarcastic but probably that didn't come through.

The club specifically asked us to stay off the pitch so the players could do a lap of honour etc. We are just emerging from sanctions on attendances with SAG etc watching closely.
IMHO our fans behaviour has been absolutely exemplary.
Let the pond life amoeba in the deathtrap behave as they wish.

Not going to lie.. my (our)celebration is more important to me than any of the players. On account I've(we've) been a Blade since birth and they've been blades about 3/4 year on average.
It's not just the players celebration though is it - there's fans who can't or don't want to invade the pitch and they want to be part of the celebrations too.

Too easy for knob heads to take over pitch invasions and have their look at me moment. Often becomes more about goading the opposition fans and players rather than sharing the moment with your club.

I think last year at Forest is a good example of why invading the pitch isn't always the best idea.

Aye if only we’d assaulted a linesman

You can see how it's going to be hard for our fans to respect this if Wednesday get away with it scot free. Those that don't like pitch invasions should be hoping they throw the book at Wednesday surely?

Thing is with pitch invasions main reason we respected it (as a fanbase) was because we were told that if we invaded the pitch then the players would not come back out to applaud the fans and of course for safety measures.

Was this mentioned to the hillsborough crowd last night? If not then that is being negligible regards safety and I'd expect a slap on the wrists.
Luckily as far as I'm aware no one was injured like with what happened to us last year with Billy etc.

I dont get the need to invade the pitch - I would much prefer (as happened) to allow the players to walk round the ground so we can sing and shout to enjoy the moment.
Dont suppose we will be having much to celebrate next season though !!

It might depend on how the incident with the linesman comes out.

Innocent collision or unprovoked assault.

Not the first time the fans have entered the pitch.and misbehaved. Remember when Palace sent them down?

Difficult to see from images, but running off the pitched immediately after the collision isn't the natural reaction to an unintended coming together.

You can see how it's going to be hard for our fans to respect this if Wednesday get away with it scot free. Those that don't like pitch invasions should be hoping they throw the book at Wednesday surely?
It's not just about safety though, it's also a question of taste. Which would you rather see...Ndiaye dancing with his daughter and the team popping champagne corks, or coked up Wayne jumping in the face of the opposition players while his mate Fat Frank rubs his belly at the away fans.

Pitch invasions are special when it's spontaneous like it would've been for them last night.

Just cringe when you're up comfortably and force it

Thing is with pitch invasions main reason we respected it (as a fanbase) was because we were told that if we invaded the pitch then the players would not come back out to applaud the fans and of course for safety measures.

Was this mentioned to the hillsborough crowd last night? If not then that is being negligible regards safety and I'd expect a slap on the wrists.
Luckily as far as I'm aware no one was injured like with what happened to us last year with Billy etc.
It was the big screen threatening bans that got my attention, and I suspect many others too. They were also on the screen at Huddersfield so I presume they've been up everywhere at end of season games?

Pitch invasions are special when it's spontaneous like it would've been for them last night.

Just cringe when you're up comfortably and force it
We also won a Quarter Final that booked us a place at Wembley. Again we respected the rules.. I'm OK with that IF those that don't respect the rules get harshly punished. But I think we all know the Pigs won't be.

After seeing the jubilant scenes at Swillsboro yesterday, I can't believe we've become so easily cowed by the powers that be.

If they don't receive a harsh punishment then I'm never respecting instructions again re pitch invasions.
What’s the piggy Gary Sinclair supposed to do? “Look, before these penalties start. If we win, stay in your seat”

We also won a Quarter Final that booked us a place at Wembley. Again we respected the rules.. I'm OK with that IF those that don't respect the rules get harshly punished. But I think we all know the Pigs won't be.
Right, but our manager who we respect immensely has been consistent in his message of being anti-pitch invasion. Probably mostly down to what happened last season and not wanting anyone else getting dragged through the courts etc.

Wilder didn't seem to mind it so on we went at Northampton

The circumstances were completely different. We’d been expecting promotion for weeks, they had minimal expectation of winning that game last night.
Also, they had the heights of England's second division to dream of - which is becoming something of a high point for them.

It might depend on how the incident with the linesman comes out.

Innocent collision or unprovoked assault.

Not the first time the fans have entered the pitch.and misbehaved. Remember when Palace sent them down?

Difficult to see from images, but running off the pitched immediately after the collision isn't the natural reaction to an unintended coming together.

Even if it was accidental, the players and officials should be able to leave the pitch without the risk of an intentional or accidental injury occurring.

It’s surely reached the point now where the EPL/EFL need to issue a warning that they will start to hit clubs with points deductions for any future pitch invasions.

It's the first time they've been able to mildly celebrate anything since 2016, so it's unsurprising.

I personally don't have an issue with pitch invasions, as long as people behave. But, like we saw last night, there's always one tool who spoils it for the rest.

Too many yoghurt knitters among the fanbase ready to boo you and report you then wanting you banned, "save the grass" it's expensive..

Obviously, theres a difference between the thuggery at forest and running on to lift the manager above your shoulders and carry him round the pitch, clearly some always go too far now, and that's the worry..

Oh, and SAG are walking a dangerous path should they apply sanctions in a biased manner, they'll be in court one day should they not treat each club the same, could we sue them for loss of earnings, if that lot don't get sanctions placed on them?

A biased unfair system would be in place if not?

Back
Top Bottom