Pitch Invasion (our lack of)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Didn't some tinpot local Wedn*sday Councillor complain to the SAG about people standing up on our Kop? To justify their latest round of draconian over-reactions?

Did the same said pork enthusiast local councillor retain his seat at the local elections, and if so have the Sheffield Star and Hudds Examiner contacted him for his views on the actions down at the theatre of rust last night including a). breaking the law and b). endangering the match officials and c). all the various other shenaningans around crowd safety.

I suspect the Tankersley Golf Club masons will be weaving their magic in the Council to get this hushed up, they did so for much much worse.

If the FA/Police or whoever wants to properly stop fans from entering the pitch then they need to give out proper punishment for pitch invasions such as a suspended three point deduction so if it happens again then three points will be deducted. I'm not referring to a few but when there's hundreds/thousands then this sort of thing requires appropriate punishment. Or clubs need to provide police and/or stewards all around the home ends to stop it happening which will cost a lot to provide but it would only be required for big games.

The Wendy players dint do a lap of honor because of the pitch invasion. so that would have spoilt it for people to show appreciation. They are not up yet. but the deluded Wendyites will take that for granted.whatever division they end up in a 10 points deduction and a hefty fine could be handed out to them.

I enjoyed seeing our players celebrating on the pitch in front of the fans and having the opportunity to go over and share a moment with their loved ones. Last night the Wendy players' celebrations were confined to their dressing room...I know which I prefer.
100%
Just stay off the fucking pitch, It’s a simple instruction. How self absorbed do you have to be if you want to go on the pitch and prevent the players from taking the plaudits they deserved. Pitch invasions are a tin pot gesture from another age.
200%

The fundamental difference is we had actually won promotion, our players deserved to be applauded from the stands. The pigs have won fuck all
After seeing the jubilant scenes at Swillsboro yesterday, I can't believe we've become so easily cowed by the powers that be.

If they don't receive a harsh punishment then I'm never respecting instructions again re pitch invasions.
D’ya know when things sort of go out of fashion. Pitch invasions just look so naff these days.

On a serious note I think it's because of our recent success we don't see a promotion of such a joyous occasion to justify one. We've grown so much as a club in the past decade that doing cartwheels on the pitch over a play-off win in the third tier is thankfully a thing of the past.
This x1000

Yeah . If we want to stand and applaud politely like we're at the theatre and show no emotion that is up to us .
Who was doing that against West Brom though? I was bellowing my head off jumping up around in the stand at final whistle and so was everyone else. Ain't that enough?

After seeing the jubilant scenes at Swillsboro yesterday, I can't believe we've become so easily cowed by the powers that be.

If they don't receive a harsh punishment then I'm never respecting instructions again re pitch invasions.
The Pigs mugged us off big style.

The club specifically asked us to stay off the pitch so the players could do a lap of honour etc. We are just emerging from sanctions on attendances with SAG etc watching closely.
IMHO our fans behaviour has been absolutely exemplary.
Let the pond life amoeba in the deathtrap behave as they wish.
The pigs can do what they want in the Theatre of Death because the council and SAG are in their dugout, but CLASS like cream alway surfaces! UTB

I did it lots of times in my teen years, it was an end of season tradition. It was good fun, no harm done.

This was a pre-social media era however, before everybody had their fucking knickers bunched up about everything.

I don't do it anymore, because I'm almost 40, and quite frankly I'm a hollow shell of a man whose youthful exuberance has long since expired, but for everyone else, I say go for it.
How do you think i feel im 65 now?

Simon Jordan on Talksport today saying nothing can be done to stop 5000 fans running on the pitch.

Half wit, United seemed to manage it.

Simon Jordan on Talksport today saying nothing can be done to stop 5000 fans running on the pitch.

Half wit, United seemed to manage it.

Unless you put fences back up, then it’s physically very difficult to stop 5,000 fans invading the pitch at the end of a match like last night. The mindset is that the police/club aren’t going prosecuted or ban thousands of fans, so there is little to no risk to the individual.

There needs to be a big deterrent to stop pitch invasions, whether that’s points deductions, behind closed doors matches or massive fines (e.g. £500k+). That’s the only way to really make fans think it’s not worth it.

In our case, I think it’s a very sobering moment to see our captain and club legend being attacked during a pitch invasion. It just doesn’t seem right for us to invade the pitch after that.

It might depend on how the incident with the linesman comes out.

Innocent collision or unprovoked assault.

Not the first time the fans have entered the pitch.and misbehaved. Remember when Palace sent them down?

Difficult to see from images, but running off the pitched immediately after the collision isn't the natural reaction to an unintended coming together.
Notts Police are taking on the case and charged the lino with assault

I’d have thought part of the reason for not wanting a pitch invasion by 5000 drunk wildly emotional fans into a 100 yard space when the whistle blows might be that the players have another more important game in a couple of weeks, and there’s a risk of someone getting accidentally clobbered, which I’m sure is what I remember hearing at previous play off games.
I agree that the incident with Billy may have changed attitudes to pitch invasions for us, but I think if we’d been 4-0 down in our biggest match for 7 years and won it (which for us would have to be something like a cup final or a European place decider) then we would have been on the pitch.

Yeah . If we want to stand and applaud politely like we're at the theatre and show no emotion that is up to us .
Go right ahead, I’d take great pleasure in telling self indulgent plebs like you, to get off the fucking pitch.

Takes the lino out and runs back into the stand,

I didnt see it at first until I watched again and at first I thought it looks like he just ran into him as he didnt see him but then repeated views seem to suggest he actually veers towards him then come back the way he came. Similiar to what happened with Billy. Even if it was not quite the same surely they would come down on this hard but nothing has been mentioned by the news outlets.

Screenshot 2023-05-19 225630.jpg

Notts Police are taking on the case and charged the lino with assault
Verdict: shut Bramall Lane kop
I didnt see it at first until I watched again and at first I thought it looks like he just ran into him as he didnt see him but then repeated views seem to suggest he actually veers towards him then come back the way he came. Similiar to what happened with Billy. Even if it was not quite the same surely they would come down on this hard but nothing has been mentioned by the news outlets.

View attachment 161004
There are stories on the sun, express and mail websites. So its in the nationals. Can't see anything on the Sheffield star website. Presume our resident journos want to preserve their cosy status with Big Chan and maybe get some Wembley freebies etc. They are a stain really, just like the club that they adore so much.

Verdict: shut Bramall Lane kop

There are stories on the sun, express and mail websites. So its in the nationals. Can't see anything on the Sheffield star website. Presume our resident journos want to preserve their cosy status with Big Chan and maybe get some Wembley freebies etc. They are a stain really, just like the club that they adore so much.
The Mirror didn't seem to take it all that seriously:-

"Thousands of supporters spilled onto the pitch and eagle-eyed viewers spotted that one managed to knock the referee’s assistant to the ground. He was quickly helped to his feet as the Wednesday players were engulfed by ecstatic fans."

It's possibly fortunate for Wednesday that there was trouble at the West Ham match - which was widely reported

But that wont be enough for SAG, South Yorkshire's finest and SAG though will it!
They are about as much use as as a melted chocolate fire guard.
So they can f*"k off, shove there heads up their arseholes (of which they have many) and die.

We need to group up, raise a few k and take them piggy loving cunts on..

Back
Top Bottom