Pigs potentially three points off playoffs if they beat us!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dkc

Reaction score
It could happen, if...

Derby fail to beat Forest tomorrow
Pigs beat Brentford Tuesday
Bristol City lose to Birmingham Tuesday
Bristol City lose to Preston Saturday
Derby fail to beat Villa Saturday

Brentford have scored 16 goals in 5 games.

There are 8 teams between them and 6th place.

They've only won 3 games against top half teams all year. They have 10 remaining. In one 6 game run they have Villa, Forest, Leeds, Norwich, BC, Preston.

If they get there they'll certainly have earned it

Don’t say stuff like this, you’ll wake the footballing gods. It’s just the kind of bastard thing that happens to us. If they went on a run, got into the play offs and we lost to them, I think I’d give up watching football. I’d be traumatised. Properly traumatised.

I'd love the results to go for them actually, so they would be three points off the Play Offs if they beat us. Then we stuff them, and they don't win another all season.

Even if they went on title winning form (2 pts a game), it'd still leave um short of the play-offs. They had a good result against Swansea, but prior to that they got 6 pts from 4 games against some of the poorest teams in the division.

They are totally effing bonkers over there, but that aside they just cannot grasp that it is not just about points but about position in the table when lots of teams are between you, and where you think you can get to.

RS had to wheel Palmer out last season to explain this to them, funnily enough they all piped down after that. I wonder if they will do the same this season, probably not as Palmer is quite pally with Bruce and it pays to keep them all fixed into a long honeymoon period for now.

Technically yes, but that would mean Bristol city losing their next 2 and as they play Birmingham and Preston both those would go to 50 with better gd , also derby would have to lose to forest so they would be on 50 at least and all have much better goal differences, factor in that u need roughly 75 points for the playoffs and that means Wednesday need to take 31 points from 39 to scrape in , highly unlikely really

It could happen, if...

3 points for a win means anything is possible as both Hull and Bristol City have shown.

It's our job to focus on us

It's what keeps those fuckwits at S6 going - 'We could make the play-offs' and - when they don't - it'll be a summer of 'We'll make a serious challenge next season.'

It's not just their legendary stupidity (being so close to Barnsley does that to you...), the fact is...they're hurting. Bad.

They've seen a brilliant manager, highly-talented team and passionate fan-base utterly overtake them. They've wasted an absolute fortune on has-been players, appointed an has-been manager and seen their crowds drop below us.

Just yesterday I had a pig fan (hasn't been to Hillsbrough in decades? Check. Talks fluent shite? Check.) telling me he hopes United go up as 'we'd get stuffed every week'. (This is Operation Delusion Pt. 3). I replied 'So what if we do? We'll be £200m richer, have another 3 years of parachutes, have captured another generation of young fans, cornered the corporate match-day hospitality market, will improve the stadium even further etc. etc.'

He walked off...

It could happen, if...

Did you invent the word pessimist?

It could happen, if...

Nailed on then:rolleyes:

It could happen, if...

Oh dear - what have you done? The demons on porktalk will have renewed optimism now. :eek:

UTB

It could happen, if...

Because I’m a sad too hat and have far too much time on my hands while I’m meant to be working I’ve just put your post into an accumulator and £1 returns £217....

Reactions: Dkc
It's what keeps those fuckwits at S6 going - 'We could make the play-offs' and - when they don't - it'll be a summer of 'We'll make a serious challenge next season.'

It's not just their legendary stupidity (being so close to Barnsley does that to you...), the fact is...they're hurting. Bad.

They've seen a brilliant manager, highly-talented team and passionate fan-base utterly overtake them. They've wasted an absolute fortune on has-been players, appointed an has-been manager and seen their crowds drop below us.

Just yesterday I had a pig fan (hasn't been to Hillsbrough in decades? Check. Talks fluent shite? Check.) telling me he hopes United go up as 'we'd get stuffed every week'. (This is Operation Delusion Pt. 3). I replied 'So what if we do? We'll be £200m richer, have another 3 years of parachutes, have captured another generation of young fans, cornered the corporate match-day hospitality market, will improve the stadium even further etc. etc.'

He walked off...

I''ve already seen it.

'The form we've shown under Steve Bruce will have us challenging for Autos next season'.

Reactions: Dkc
The pig fan who is part of my neurological team at the hospital said they’d probably finish mid table and he would see that as a success!!!. His expectations aren’t very high as he knows there’ll be naff all money for a promotion push next season!!!.
He also reckons that we’ll go up after Friday’s win. Can’t disagree with him on that basis!!. UTB

If if if if if if.....

Us winning at that dump to to top of the league is more likely

The pig fan who is part of my neurological team at the hospital said they’d probably finish mid table and he would see that as a success!!!. His expectations aren’t very high as he knows there’ll be naff all money for a promotion push next season!!!.
He also reckons that we’ll go up after Friday’s win. Can’t disagree with him on that basis!!. UTB
Did we get 6 points at the weekend then?
Impressive.

Back
Top Bottom