Pigs potentially three points off playoffs if they beat us!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interesting that Leeds are only mid table in the recent form league. In regards to the pigs given their squad, they have seriously under performed for over one and a half seasons, so I’m not sure their resurgence, albeit a short one is that surprising. God forbid but should the bastards beat us, it could really fire them up. Even more incentive not to lose and to beat them. A play off against them is the stuff of nightmares.

To be fair they are starting to do quite well. On the other hand we are fan fucking tastic. Bring it on.

You only have to look at their remaining games against top teams .
They have to face amongst others Derby,Villa,Forest ,Leeds,Norwich ,Bristol,Preston.
They might scrape some points out of that but not enough Whatever points they do take off those teams only helps us.
Not to mention the other teams above them are not going to simply tank.

Last edited:
Well that's me with daft grin all day , piggy supporting colleague at work has just said if we beat them on Monday our season is over as all we are bothered about is taking points off them as the 2 games against them are our cup finals the level of delusion just got real at work FFS :p

wednesdays had 2 home games against teams with very poor away records
in fact bruce cherry picked his start date for the last 6 fixtures as they were all against the also rans

their short comings will be laid bare with the rest of their fixtures
they have to face the top 4 , dont mind if they get draws against most of them

Wednesday were always going to win some of the games from this run they've had, because they've played all the bottom 3 and a few more around and then Swansea at home, who are in poor form right now. Brentford last night was a decent win, but Brentforf do so much better at home than away and the defending from Brentford last night was amateur stuff. I think Forest are the team to watch for the top 6. They are a strong side and have a manager and assistant that their fans love which helps.

Also Preston look like a team that could make it too on current form and I wouldn't rule out Derby coming back. I wouldn't mind Wednesday doing us a favour though v Leeds and Norwich! They've already took two off Leeds with a draw and they took two off West Brom but I can't see them winning enough games like this to get in the top 6. They are likely to be 8 or 9 points off the play offs come Monday night.

If it turns out that they are only six off the play offs going into the derby, it will only increase their fans' expectations and the pressure on them. Surely they will be aware that anything other than a win will put their play off hopes to bed.

For us, it's not season over if we lose. Far from it. I hope Wilder will be aware that this is an excellent chance of three points, and not set us up too defensively. Of course no one wants to lose to the pigs, but I wouldn't replace a single player in our first eleven with one of theirs. We need to play our own game and get at them.

Birmingham are the ones to watch. Said it at the start of the season and said it a few times since.

View attachment 50224
Currently top of the last 6 game form table having beaten WBA and Middlesborough and drawn against Norwich. Pigs not far behind having played 6 teams in the bottom half of the table including 4 of the bottom 5. Let's see how they get on against a quality team.
All the more impressive when you consider draws were away vs Villa where we were by far the best team and Norwich in an even game and wins were WBA away, Boro at home alongside two comprehensive home wins.

Meanwhile...

A jammy win with the last kick vs the bottom team.
A poor draw without scoring vs Reading at home.
A turgid draw without scoring at Millwall.
A jammy draw in a game they should have lost at Rotherham in the 8th minute of injury time after being out played.
2 decent home wins, to be fair, but against teams both in the bottom half of mid table vs Swansea and Brentford.

Points are points, but if they weren't going to pick up points here then I don't know where they were. A good run of fixtures if ever there was one.

March sees them play us, Derby away, Bolton away, Blackburn home and Stoke away.

Still not a single team in the top 6 there aside from us, but slightly more challenging than the recent set of bottom feeders they've played.

If that doesn't find them out, then the smug twats will hit the earth with a bump in April as they have to play Villa home, Forest home, Leeds away, Norwich away, Bristol home, Preston away. A couple of favours there that they'll probably fail to deliver on.

Bruce has been very lucky with the fixtures. It's almost as if he delayed his start so he didn't have any tough matches.

Before they get too cocky, they haven't beaten anyone who doesn't currently reside above 14th.

My Boss has just sidled over and asked if i'm scared now they're 6 points off the playoffs. I said if they make the playoffs, I'll buy a hat and eat it

Everybody keeps saying that there are too many teams between them but, they have to play 4 of them I think - PNE, Forest, Derby, Bristol C.

It is still unlikely but if they managed to go on a run of a few wins and beat those above :(

I can genuinely say I don't give a fuck what they do. We're surely only hours away from someone posting everyone's run ins, but genuinely everyone up there has to play each other. Aye we've Leeds away, Bristol City at home and Brum away...apart from that, not bad at all really. And aswell as knocking points off each other, there's a few teams losing form and blowing up.

I couldn't give 2 shits about them twats- keep doing what we're doing, the games'll disappear bloody quick

Everybody keeps saying that there are too many teams between them but, they have to play 4 of them I think - PNE, Forest, Derby, Bristol C.

It is still unlikely but if they managed to go on a run of a few wins and beat those above :(

I'd rather them thrash Leeds and Norwich for us if it meant us going top - let them have their play off place as long as we get autos :p

wednesdays had 2 home games against teams with very poor away records
in fact bruce cherry picked his start date for the last 6 fixtures as they were all against the also rans

their short comings will be laid bare with the rest of their fixtures
they have to face the top 4 , dont mind if they get draws against most of them
After Monday they have a little run of fixtures where they will look to pick up points:

Derby (a) - awful form
Bolton (a) - no more said
Blackburn (h) - awful away from home
Stoke (a) - hit and miss
Villa (h) - hit and miss

It's only then when they have Leeds, Norwich, Bristol City and Preston.

I wear a Blades shirt round site (under the hi-Viz. health and safety people). Window fitter saw me yesterday and said “I hope we beat them fuckin bastards on monday night, eh?”

Never seen him before. What a greeting!!!

A few things can be predicted..

1, they’ll come out the woodwork.
2, they’ll never respect what we’ve done and are doing.
3, anything is possible in their heads, even winning the league, yes this season.

We’re dealing with a special kind of “life form” the most notable ones are funny enough normally Sat at home on a match day or in the local club watching Jeff stelling and going red in the face..

Christening them “The Deluded” was the greatest move ever, it just fits so well..

As for Monday, this isn’t our first rodeo is it? Bring it on, anything’s better than the defensive shit we’ve had to try and play around last two games..

To be fair they are starting to do quite well. On the other hand we are fan fucking tastic. Bring it on.
They’ve not played one decent side since Bruce and his band took control, relegation fodder in the main or just above. There’s been talk about how good Brentford are now but it’s been totally based in their home form. They’ve won ONE away game all season at Rotherham.

You only have to look at their remaining games against top teams .
They have to face amongst others Derby,Villa,Forest ,Leeds,Norwich ,Bristol,Preston.
They might scrape some points out of that but not enough Whatever points they do take off those teams only helps us.
Not to mention the other teams above them are not going to simply tank.
Yes but in pork world these teams Derby,Villa,Forest ,Leeds,Norwich ,Bristol,Preston. aren't fit to lace their boots !!

If we kick on and end up champions to go up .owls will tell us what a poor division it's been This season . And being champions of this division isn't a pitch on winning a Rumblelows cup. But united were dead lucky and got lots of penaltiies.and refs had drawn them in the who to be kind to draw pre season. Provided they don't have to give us any credit at all

In hindsight be much more fun if Wednesday get 6th place on the last day then lose on penalties to Boro and forestieri missing the vital penalty

We can show the same levels of sympathy they afford us

Back
Top Bottom