Pigs no longer allowed to take tea or sandwiches into ground

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Leonardo Green

Reaction score
In case they have turned to isis and have a bomb mixed in with their cheese and pickle. Way OTT in my opinion, I hope the lane doesn't implement this as well!

Lads its a well known secret that Tea can rot rusty concrete quicker than a camels dehydrated piss. Why would they risk more damage to the theatre of rust?

A terrorist strike at the theatre of rust would cause zero damage and as its like a vast wilderness in the stands most of the time there would be minimal chance of fatalities.

They are trying to legitimize its existence by a back handed claim that it could be a target. Thing is not even IS think it is worth the effort even though they could kill 200 million at once. It would only make page eleven of any newspaper, just after the full page ad for an electric toothbrush.

In case they have turned to isis and have a bomb mixed in with their cheese and pickle. Way OTT in my opinion, I hope the lane doesn't implement this as well!

I hope they do implement it at the Lane LG.
I don't have time to faff about making cheese and pickle sandwiches.
I don't even like cheese and pickle sandwiches.
Kinell, crap overpriced football and you want us to take pack up as well?
It'll be prawn sandwiches for all at this rate.
What's this game coming to?

I hope they do implement it at the Lane LG.
I don't have time to faff about making cheese and pickle sandwiches.
I don't even like cheese and pickle sandwiches.
Kinell, crap overpriced football and you want us to take pack up as well?
It'll be prawn sandwiches for all at this rate.
What's this game coming to?

If you're under the age of 75 years old and you bring sandwiches and tea to football, shame on you! :)

They are trying to legitimize its existence by a back handed claim that it could be a target. Thing is not even IS think it is worth the effort even though they could kill 200 million at once. It would only make page eleven of any newspaper, just after the full page ad for an electric toothbrush.
Phillips or oral B?

surely they havent thought this through , sales of wawaw flasks in the club shop will plummet and the Gary Megon sandwich box sales will get clobbered

Why would anyone take pack up? The highlight of my matchday experience at BL is being served by the three disinterested teenagers it takes to provide my Oxo while a scowling manager looks on, alert for the first sign of a complaint so they can scurry off quickly and let the kids get it in the neck.

As for the pigs, maybe Tuna Man has taken on the idea of the genius on Pork Talk who suggested they could make bucketloads of money by buying up ALL the fast food outlets and sandwich shops around the Sty as they must be profitable because they were "always really busy on match days"

This is nothing new at a lot of grounds. My daughter's first game (1990) was a reserve match Derby Co v United. She was not allowed to take in her coca cola because of health and safety. She was 5 years old.

Reminds me of when United - or more correctly the caterers - were taking the tops off Coke bottles before they handed them to you. After ordering a beer for me and a coke for my son who was around ten at the time and stood next to me, I asked for the top and a manager came over as I wouldn't pay for the Coke. He said it was H&S. I asked him what he thought my son would do with it, he said it could be for me and I could throw it. When I asked him if he thought Id purchased a pint for a ten year old he just muttered " give him the top" and walked off.

This is nothing new at a lot of grounds. My daughter's first game (1990) was a reserve match Derby Co v United. She was not allowed to take in her coca cola because of health and safety. She was 5 years old.

I've seen people have to take tops off bottles of drinks as they're apparently safer that way.

Had a ding dong with people serving at Walsall when I bought my 2 year old two bottles of water when it was rather warm. Person took tops off. Eventually putting them back on when it was pointed out by picking small child up to sit on the counter.

social-media-interesting.jpg

To be honest, I could see this kind of ban reaching its way to every single football, rugby, tennis etc etc event in this country.

UTB

those of you with decent memories will remember i once was refused admittance to the ground for having a can of coca cola

Because some people genuinely can't afford paying high prices for shit food?

Or because United are simply unable to put together a hot Baxters Royal Game soup with added vintage port.

"Tea and sandwiches" and lashings and lashings of ginger beer. Sounds like an Enid Blyton
commercial.

Mind you I have heard 'em singing that Honolulu Wednesday song

Back
Top Bottom