Awful top to bottom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Clarkey87

Reaction score
The entire club appears to be rotten from top to bottom at the moment, stagnation has set in and unless things change, it will only fester and become worse.

Starting with the owner, who very clearly no longer gives a flying fuck about us. He has ridden his luck over the years, something which has now finally ran out.

In truth, I suspect he has never really had the money or resources to be involved in an English football team at any level higher than League One (and I guess these days he doesn’t have the resources for even that!).

I bet he couldn’t believe his luck when he became involved with us and even more so when a few seasons later, under the stewardship of Chris Wilder and his team, the League One club became a Premier League club (and all the kudos, trappings and glory that goes with owning one of those!).
Al-Saud continued riding his luck when he finally managed to obtain full ownership of a Premier League club on the cheap via the back door after some legal wrangling with the previous owner.

People can say what they want about him bringing club assets back under club control, but this was done with club money and under direction of the court….not his own money.

Loans taken out and guaranteed against future TV income.
The same goes for spending on players in our last PL stint. We know that payments are rarely made (if ever these days) as a lump sum, and so our “big money” signings were paid for in installments (one of which put us into an embargo for failure to pay last season).

It appears to me that any spending is paid for by club money not his. Loans taken out and guaranteed against future TV income (and parachute payments) to finance the here and now.

What has been allowed to happen under his current watch is gross negligence. If he doesn’t have the finances to be involved in owning a football club, he should never have got involved to begin with, but I suppose the lure of being able to tell people you own a Premier League team is too much for some. Even if they are the worst team in PL history as a result of your stewardship and lack of any sort of resources.

We know of the publicised financial difficulties behind the scenes last season and it’s clear these continue to persist this season.
We are all aware of the consequences had we failed to gain promotion and the persistent rumours of unpaid bills behind the scenes that circulated.

Then we go to the takeover sagas. Unnecessary off field distractions and he held separate discussions with two very questionable characters (which to me shows there was very little early stage due diligence when it comes to finding a buyer and doesn’t bode well).

At the end of last season he said he would be selling in 4 weeks……this was about 6 months ago and lo and behold he is still here and it’s clear from the silence that there is no active/hard sell taking place to get rid of us.

We are a genuinely good business prospect in comparison to many football clubs.
I suspect, rather than pricing prospective buyers out with supposedly unrealistic asking prices, it’s more to do with the owner apparently still wanting a role/some control in some capacity that is putting off any prospective buyers who’d want full control.

Let’s not also forget the infamous interview pre season where he came out and said words to the effect that ‘players play better’ in the final season of their contract in some effort to explain why we have allowed a situation whereby the majority of players are out of contract at the end of the season.

The cynic in me believes it has all been designed as a way of clearing decks or forcing current players onto lower salaries when it comes to renew. (Either accept pennies on the pound if you want to stay here or fuck off…..I think most players are choosing the latter).

I do believe this comment has backfired as most players will know they won’t be here next season, so couldn’t give a toss what is currently happening and this is visible in the piss poor performances being put in by the majority.

Bettis….well the less said about him the better. What does he even bring to this club?

Moving on Hecky. Yes he got us promoted last season and stabilised us following a poor start under Slav.
However, given the squad we had, it was not a hard job to come into as he reverted the players back into the system they were familiar with.
The writing was on the wall a few times last season and the heavily reliance on Iliman turning in a performance was evident. If he was off form, so were we.

There was no Plan B and this has continued this season. No Plan B and a blind hope that a player can turn in a special performance and offer a flash of brilliance to try and nick us a game.

He can also bemoan injuries (something that seems to be getting worse…..I mean why would any player sign for us when they know for sure they will end up being out for months at a time through injury), but Hecky has form for this at every club he has been to.

As for team identity and togetherness, the manager has a responsibility to develop this. Put his own stamp on it and create a team that is capable of fighting when the chips are down. Unfortunately he has continually failed to do this as we drift aimlessly towards the championship. It is evident through the body language of the players and the piss poor ‘performances’ every week. There is no fight, no team spirit and the buck stops with the manager for failing to foster this.
I mean the club got rid of the actual leader who wouldn’t put up with this shit in the dressing room (even if he didn’t play any games this season).

Recruitment has been wank for years and this season, despite the owners mouthpiece on twitter/X stating it has been a good transfer window, we can clearly see all we have done is lose our two best players (whether they wanted to leave or not, they were under contract….I’d have personally taken the punt on losing them for free next season and bank on staying up than cashing in this season very much to our detriment) and replace them with the unknown shite we have brought in, pretending we will suddenly unearth the next Kante.

I don’t know where we go from here as the club drifts rudderless and without any power in this calamity of a season.
Most of us accept it was going to be a struggle, there is no denying that, just as there is no denying we would most likely have lost a fair chunk of games this season. What we do not accept though is to do this without a single fight, to just meekly pass back through the trapdoor into the championship like we should never have come to this party in the first place.

I hope I am wrong, but unless things change from the top down, I suspect we will struggle in the Championship, especially as we will have to recruit smartly (due to having no money to spend) to replace a large section of the current squad who will be out of contract come the summer.

The entire club appears to be rotten from top to bottom at the moment, stagnation has set in and unless things change, it will only fester and become worse.

Starting with the owner, who very clearly no longer gives a flying fuck about us. He has ridden his luck over the years, something which has now finally ran out.

In truth, I suspect he has never really had the money or resources to be involved in an English football team at any level higher than League One (and I guess these days he doesn’t have the resources for even that!).

I bet he couldn’t believe his luck when he became involved with us and even more so when a few seasons later, under the stewardship of Chris Wilder and his team, the League One club became a Premier League club (and all the kudos, trappings and glory that goes with owning one of those!).
Al-Saud continued riding his luck when he finally managed to obtain full ownership of a Premier League club on the cheap via the back door after some legal wrangling with the previous owner.

People can say what they want about him bringing club assets back under club control, but this was done with club money and under direction of the court….not his own money.

The same goes for spending on players in our last PL stint. We know that payments are rarely made (if ever these days) as a lump sum, and so our “big money” signings were paid for in installments (one of which put us into an embargo for failure to pay last season).

It appears to me that any spending is paid for by club money not his. Loans taken out and guaranteed against future TV income (and parachute payments) to finance the here and now.

What has been allowed to happen under his current watch is gross negligence. If he doesn’t have the finances to be involved in owning a football club, he should never have got involved to begin with, but I suppose the lure of being able to tell people you own a Premier League team is too much for some. Even if they are the worst team in PL history as a result of your stewardship and lack of any sort of resources.

We know of the publicised financial difficulties behind the scenes last season and it’s clear these continue to persist this season.
We are all aware of the consequences had we failed to gain promotion and the persistent rumours of unpaid bills behind the scenes that circulated.

Then we go to the takeover sagas. Unnecessary off field distractions and he held separate discussions with two very questionable characters (which to me shows there was very little early stage due diligence when it comes to finding a buyer and doesn’t bode well).

At the end of last season he said he would be selling in 4 weeks……this was about 6 months ago and lo and behold he is still here and it’s clear from the silence that there is no active/hard sell taking place to get rid of us.

I suspect, rather than pricing prospective buyers out with supposedly unrealistic asking prices, it’s more to do with the owner apparently still wanting a role/some control in some capacity that is putting off any prospective buyers who’d want full control.

Let’s not also forget the infamous interview pre season where he came out and said words to the effect that ‘players play better’ in the final season of their contract in some effort to explain why we have allowed a situation whereby the majority of players are out of contract at the end of the season.

The cynic in me believes it has all been designed as a way of clearing decks or forcing current players onto lower salaries when it comes to renew. (Either accept pennies on the pound if you want to stay here or fuck off…..I think most players are choosing the latter).

I do believe this comment has backfired as most players will know they won’t be here next season, so couldn’t give a toss what is currently happening and this is visible in the piss poor performances being put in by the majority.

Bettis….well the less said about him the better. What does he even bring to this club?

Moving on Hecky. Yes he got us promoted last season and stabilised us following a poor start under Slav.
However, given the squad we had, it was not a hard job to come into as he reverted the players back into the system they were familiar with.
The writing was on the wall a few times last season and the heavily reliance on Iliman turning in a performance was evident. If he was off form, so were we.

There was no Plan B and this has continued this season. No Plan B and a blind hope that a player can turn in a special performance and offer a flash of brilliance to try and nick us a game.

He can also bemoan injuries (something that seems to be getting worse…..I mean why would any player sign for us when they know for sure they will end up being out for months at a time through injury), but Hecky has form for this at every club he has been to.

As for team identity and togetherness, the manager has a responsibility to develop this. Put his own stamp on it and create a team that is capable of fighting when the chips are down. Unfortunately he has continually failed to do this as we drift aimlessly towards the championship. It is evident through the body language of the players and the piss poor ‘performances’ every week. There is no fight, no team spirit and the buck stops with the manager for failing to foster this.
I mean the club got rid of the actual leader who wouldn’t put up with this shit in the dressing room (even if he didn’t play any games this season).

Recruitment has been wank for years and this season, despite the owners mouthpiece on twitter/X stating it has been a good transfer window, we can clearly see all we have done is lose our two best players (whether they wanted to leave or not, they were under contract….I’d have personally taken the punt on losing them for free next season and bank on staying up than cashing in this season very much to our detriment) and replace them with the unknown shite we have brought in, pretending we will suddenly unearth the next Kante.

I don’t know where we go from here as the club drifts rudderless and without any power in this calamity of a season.
Most of us accept it was going to be a struggle, there is no denying that, just as there is no denying we would most likely have lost a fair chunk of games this season. What we do not accept though is to do this without a single fight, to just meekly pass back through the trapdoor into the championship like we should never have come to this party in the first place.

I hope I am wrong, but unless things change from the top down, I suspect we will struggle in the Championship, especially as we will have to recruit smartly (due to having no money to spend) to replace a large section of the current squad who will be out of contract come the summer.

I agree with every single word of that.

In 2 or 3 years I can see the club stagnating to such a degree that we find ourselves back in L1 and having to rebuild from the bottom unless there is a serious change of tack from the leadership or someone comes in and takes us over and invests wisely

I think you have covered most things i have been saying for two years mate . Having to withstand abuse from the princes fans along the way being told what a magical owner he is . He is the problem and it will get worse unless he off loads the club .You say he is lucky but his luck will soon run out because we have reached the peak getting in the prem but now its down hill from here on . He has had three years prem money and two years parachute money with more to follow but not for much longer . Watch this space it's going to be a bumpy ride in the next few years without a new owner . As you say if he has not got the funds to run a football club why get involved?

Couldn't agree more. And most fans can see this but why can't the people involved? That's what baffles me.

I think you have covered most things i have been saying for two years mate . Having to withstand abuse from the princes fans along the way being told what a magical owner he is . He is the problem and it will get worse unless he off loads the club .You say he is lucky but his luck will soon run out because we have reached the peak getting in the prem but now its down hill from here on . He has had three years prem money and two years parachute money with more to follow but not for much longer . Watch this space it's going to be a bumpy ride in the next few years without a new owner . As you say if he has not got the funds to run a football club why get involved?

100%. Unfortunately, many are only just now realising what he is all about and the smoke and mirrors that he has put in place. The slick PR exercises, his fanboys who champion every decision he made and try to justify them! (I hope the hospitality was worth it as they helped sell the club down the river and aimed to give some legitimacy to this charade).

I fear the wake up has come too late.

As someone else alluded to, I can see us going full circle and ending up back where we were when he managed luckily become involved with us.

I agree with every single word of that.

In 2 or 3 years I can see the club stagnating to such a degree that we find ourselves back in L1 and having to rebuild from the bottom unless there is a serious change of tack from the leadership or someone comes in and takes us over and invests wisely
Agree mate .We will end up like them in Sheff 6 and the lane could well end up as a rust bucket just like those across the city . Nothing being spent on the club either on the field or off it . No money means hardships on the horizon .
100%. Unfortunately, many are only just now realising what he is all about and the smoke and mirrors that he has put in place. The slick PR exercises, his fanboys who champion every decision he made and try to justify them! (I hope the hospitality was worth it as they helped sell the club down the river and aimed to give some legitimacy to this charade).

As someone else alluded to, I can see us going full circle and ending up back where we were when he managed luckily become involved with us.
Spot on mate .I would not dream calling him a con man even if i think he is . What is worrying is i don't think he is to bothered about who he would sell to ,recent candidates prove that . Thank God the powers in the ivory towers have got their act together to vet buyers of football clubs other wise we could end up even worse off. If Hecky goes I pity the guy who takes over having to deal with this board ,along with the other managers before him trying to run this club is a bloody trial and really he has done remarkably good getting us in the prem but the wheels have now come off so no doubt he will pay the price .Pity he is not the real problem it just buys the prince more time .

Too late for what ?
Yes we are going down, but then we are back where we probably belong at least 70% of the time.
What is vital is to have good recruitment and use of youngsters over the period May2024 and September 2025

Is this about the pies yesterday?

Cheese & Onion scores 1/10 on the Gaini beltbusterometer (yes, that is a thing!) for originality and it was just runny cheese sauce inside pastry.

Sort it out Sander!

Too late for what ?
Yes we are going down, but then we are back where we probably belong at least 70% of the time.
What is vital is to have good recruitment and use of youngsters over the period May2024 and September 2025

To stop the rot that has set in.

All good and well saying it’s vital to have good recruitment but we know that won’t happen.
We needed to do it this season and spectacularly failed. To be frank, I cannot see that happening next season either and there are no indications that will change.

The recruitment is broken and has been for years. We have a bastardised scouting ‘system’ where we use contacts within the much lauded ‘United World’ as we try and consistently fail to find that elusive diamond as we have seen again this season.

I’d love to have the optimism we will make a full regroup and we work of the team, especially given there is an opportunity to shed some deadwood that are out of contract but unless something drastically changes at the very top, I can’t see it happening.
I genuinely think next season will be a struggle and won’t be as straight forward as some may think.

To stop the rot that has set in.

All good and well saying it’s vital to have good recruitment but we know that won’t happen.
We needed to do it this season and spectacularly failed. To be frank, I cannot see that happening next season either and there are no indications that will change.

The recruitment is broken and has been for years. We have a bastardised scouting ‘system’ where we use contacts within the much lauded ‘United World’ as we try and consistently fail to find that elusive diamond as we have seen again this season.

I’d love to have the optimism we will make a full regroup and we work of the team, especially given there is an opportunity to shed some deadwood that are out of contract but unless something drastically changes at the very top, I can’t see it happening.
I genuinely think next season will be a struggle and won’t be as straight forward as some may think.
I think both our views hinge on who is the owner and/or manager in May ’24

i seriously worry we will be in the 3rd div in three years time

Bang on and far more eloquently put than my post match rant yesterday. But watch out, people will still attempt to defend HRH.

Too late for what ?
It’s to be hoped our recruitment team and strategy changes because it’s been shit since the transfer window after promotion back from League 1.

How do you sack an owner ? Who wants £170M for a club worth £60M tops.

Ignoring that we have close to your figure just in player registrations from this transfer window alone, how much do you think the ground is worth? Prince's valuation may be overly optimistic, but I would guess fair value is closer to his number than yours

The Prince held discussions with ‘two very questionable characters’ as the only people that are willing to meet the ridiculous valuation of the club are ‘very questionable characters’ like Mauriss and Dozy.

Any serious prospective buyer would be firstly put off by the outrageous valuation of the club (around £150m), secondly be put off by the crap training facilities.

I have said it before - the prince does not really want to sell the club. It is the jewel in the crown of his shitty United World project. His other no mark clubs such as Chateroux and Beerschot aren’t worth a toss without the SUFC association.

Unfortunately, we are stuck with him until crowds start to dramatically drop in the championship next season.

What we need is someone who can put in his own money.

I reckon the 170 million he wants is due to him loaning 70 million to put into Utd.

still wonder how we nearly ended up in a shit state after 2 years in the Prem then parachute payments.

We are the only team who can squander millions of pounds and not know where its gone.

Ignoring that we have close to your figure just in player registrations from this transfer window alone, how much do you think the ground is worth? Prince's valuation may be overly optimistic, but I would guess fair value is closer to his number than yours
If you got an objective market expert in to come and value the players that we’ve signed in this transfer window I think they’d struggle to get anywhere near the amount we paid for them.

When we sign players we have a knack of deceasing their value pretty quickly. Ndiaye and Ramsdale aside I can’t think of many we’ve offloaded for more than we paid over recent years.

Back
Top Bottom