Picture the scene...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rodley

Reaction score
...you’re already 3-0 up, you’re revelling in a near perfect Dem Blades performance and its still before halftime. During a lull a familiar face paces slowly up the steps of the South Stand, clutching his wares and calling out that old refrain “PROGRAMMES, THREE QUID”. And the fans around spontaneously clap along and start it up as a chant.

The fact that the programme salesman got his own chant cracks me up and makes me proud to follow this club. Whoever started it up is a genius. I want to see the whole Kop doing it next game.

What a match! What a club! Plenty more ups and downs but I have absolute faith this squad and management team will give absolutely everything to the cause. :D

UTB

...you’re already 3-0 up, you’re revelling in a near perfect Dem Blades performance and its still before halftime. During a lull a familiar face paces slowly up the steps of the South Stabd, clutching his wares and calling out that old refrain “PROGRAMMES, THREE QUID”. And the fans around spontaneously clap along and start it up as a chant.

The fact that the programme salesman got his own chant cracks me up and makes me proud to follow this club. Whoever started it up is a genius. I want to see the whole Kop doing it next game.

What a match! What a club! Plenty more ups and downs but I have absolute faith this squad and management team will give absolutely everything to the cause. :D

UTB
Yep it all went a bit surreal today what with the South Stand near the kop actually starting up that song, the pitch invader and the least bothered stewards of all time, and most bizarre, Reading's pre season friendly tactics.

It was hilarious to hear the program 3 Quid chant start. TBF saw the guy afterwards with a huge grin on his face. I think it made his day!!. UTB

...you’re already 3-0 up, you’re revelling in a near perfect Dem Blades performance and its still before halftime. During a lull a familiar face paces slowly up the steps of the South Stand, clutching his wares and calling out that old refrain “PROGRAMMES, THREE QUID”. And the fans around spontaneously clap along and start it up as a chant.

UTB

any videos - so we can all learn the words?

UTB

Sat on the BLUT, I wondered what was going on over there! That's a great little story, old school if you know what I mean? You rarely hear or see anything spontaneous like that in a football ground anymore. Great stuff!

UTB

I was part of that chant and thought it was great. :D

I assume its the same bloke who got his own Tyson Fury give us a wave chant from the Bolton fans the other week?

UTB

I thought the same! That was a great bit of spontaneity from the "supposed" prawn sandwich brigade in the South Stand. I sit in the South Stand, but it wasn't me who started it. It was a bunch of folks in the upper A section of the stand. I do hope the kop join in next time but I suppose that programme seller can't be in all places at all times...

or can he?

I thought the same! That was a great bit of spontaneity from the "supposed" prawn sandwich brigade in the South Stand. I sit in the South Stand, but it wasn't me who started it. It was a bunch of folks in the upper A section of the stand. I do hope the kop join in next time but I suppose that programme seller can't be in all places at all times...

or can he?

Same seller heads up Gangway B of the Kop straight after. He had a smile on his face a mile wide.

or can he?
I sit in the middle of B, one bloke clapping the beat loudly to the programme seller was in lower A. Credit goes to him, what a lad.

Same seller heads up Gangway B of the Kop straight after. He had a smile on his face a mile wide.

I know a kid who got a job at the Lane selling programmes. Most of 'em sell the programmes outside the ground then take the unsold ones back before kick off so they can pocket the money and go watch the game. This guy keeps on selling! He's relentless! He's a programme selling legend of the Lane! He just never gives up. He deserves his chant! He's possibly the greatest programme seller we've ever had! He is the "TC" of programme sellers! Appreciate him while he's here. And whatever we do...don't put the programme prices up by anything other than a whole pound, or it will screw up his chant somewhat rotten.

I sit in the middle of B, one bloke clapping the beat loudly to the programme seller was in lower A. Credit goes to him, what a lad.

Yep looked a fella in his 50s and a couple of young lads sat behind him who kept trying to get it going. The young lads were loving it!

Great moment!

The “Henderson’s fucking rubbish, I’ve always said it “ to the tune of I’m a wanker, that someone suggested on here a couple of weeks ago hasn’t taken off though

:rolleyes:

I know a kid who got a job at the Lane selling programmes. Most of 'em sell the programmes outside the ground then take the unsold ones back before kick off so they can pocket the money and go watch the game. This guy keeps on selling! He's relentless! He's a programme selling legend of the Lane! He just never gives up. He deserves his chant! He's possibly the greatest programme seller we've ever had! Appreciate him while he's here. And whatever we do...don't put the programme prices up by anything other than a whole pound, or it will screw up his chant somewhat rotten.

Has stood outside The Railway pre-match for at least 25 years. A fixture of my pre-match routine.

It was great. He has being selling programmes for a long time and when we were in the Priemership last had a seat at the end of row M by the gangway in the South stand Apparently was making fuck all when selling programmes in League One. He is definitely a blade and it would be great for a repeat next home game

or can he?

Maybe the south can join in with chants started by the kop next time??

Yep it all went a bit surreal today what with the South Stand near the kop actually starting up that song, the pitch invader and the least bothered stewards of all time, and most bizarre, Reading's pre season friendly tactics.
I would agree with the surreal tag,I turned to my mate and said it was the most boring 4-0 match I’d ever seen.
I meant it as a compliment realy,it was so bleeding routine and weirdly comfortable,yeah,surreal.

Back
Top Bottom