The last three 'goals' we have scored at Bramall Lane....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Have led to a delay of at least three minutes whilst VAR checks if someone's toenail was offside - two given one disallowed. OK not the big talking point from yesterday's game but it is extremely frustrating and means we can't celebrate goals properly because you're half looking at the screen to see if it will come up with 'VAR check".

Was stood right in front of him. That look on his face. I didn't run on the pitch and twat him or throw anything. However, I may have screamed obscenities at him. Apologies to anyone nearby.

Have led to a delay of at least three minutes whilst VAR checks if someone's toenail was offside - two given one disallowed. OK not the big talking point from yesterday's game but it is extremely frustrating and means we can't celebrate goals properly because you're half looking at the screen to see if it will come up with 'VAR check".
Ten minutes of waiting to know if your initial outpouring of emotion was worth it. The game is well and truly gone.

It may be my imagination, but I am sure that Sky initially showed a totally different freeze frame initially to the one that was used to make the decision.

Was stood right in front of him. That look on his face. I didn't run on the pitch and twat him or throw anything. However, I may have screamed obscenities at him. Apologies to anyone nearby.
Looked a right smug prick from highlights. Would've loved him to do that in front south 🤣

Reminder that football, collectively, decided that 95% of decisions being right was a total disgrace and improving that % was worth it, no matter what. So here we are.

And whilst I'm on a rant about these type of things, Watkins celebrates scoring by goading United fans and nothing, Fofana celebrates a last minute goal with the Burnley fans and gets booked.
Used to be a yellow for inciting the crowd but for some reason now its fine.

The pundits even celebrate it.

Not my cup of tea unless you've been given stick and give it back. See it most games now. Just go to your own fans or your team mates.

The amount of time taken is ridiculous.

Five nowt down we score fucking var disallows the goal. what difference does it make? a waste of time in my opinion.

Used to be a yellow for inciting the crowd but for some reason now its fine.

The pundits even celebrate it.

Not my cup of tea unless you've been given stick and give it back. See it most games now. Just go to your own fans or your team mates.
Exactly, I remember when Madine scored for Bolton against us and gave the Kop some stick. Quite right.too because we had been at him all game!

Personally I think when a team scores they shouldn't approach the crowd at all - either their own fans or opposition fans. VAR aside, the celebration of goals is completely over the top these days.
That’s something I can’t remember. When did we last score a goal which mattered.

It may be my imagination, but I am sure that Sky initially showed a totally different freeze frame initially to the one that was used to make the decision.
I thought that the frame that VAR used looked like the ball had left Hamer’s boot

And the even more stupid thing is that for games where there is no VAR, those goals would all count because the players were level. Offside was never meant to be judged by a toenail, as was explicitly made clear in the guidance to referees in 1990 or 1991 when "level" was changed from off to on.

Imagine 5 years ago, someone came up with a plan., They told us that they have a new system for judging offside. It will take several minutes to work, it will stop the crowd from celebrating a goal, it will mean different rules for offside in games with VAR compared with not VAR, and it will mean that the linesman will have to keep his flag down to let play go on when he is going to stop it for offside later.

And when we ask, "that's a mighty lot of disadvantages, where are the advantages?", all they can come up with is that it can disallow quite a lot of goals that are legal now.

Would we all think "what a great plan?" Not on your (and my) nelly. I'm quite looking forward to relegation, in large part because of no VAR. It kills the game.

Personally I think when a team scores they shouldn't approach the crowd at all - either their own fans or opposition fans. VAR aside, the celebration of goals is completely over the top these days.
Exactly. Players belong on the pitch, crowds belong in the stands. If they want to mingle, do it as they leave the stadium (and don’t put the headphones on until you get on the coach).

Back
Top Bottom