Picture from tonight at Old Trafford.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m in that photo!
I'm sure many on here will be. I got the chance of free tickets right by the tunnel today so decided to give it a try. Had to stifle my grin somewhat when our second goal went in and the BBC cameras focussed right onto me, fortunately it wasn't shown on tv. Don't suppose i'll get the chance of the seats next season.

Blimey , I had no idea ... I can only get tickets in the home areas when opposition friends help like tonight
Yes most away ends are safe standing now mate, Why can't you get tickets in our end? Most of them have gone on general sale.

Yes most away ends are safe standing now mate, Why can't you get tickets in our end? Most of them have gone on general sale.
From previous experience I just assumed my 20k points would never be enough so haven't even bothered to check - and this season I've had enough misery from my home ST 🤣
Anyway , if it's safe standing , my age & spine condition won't tolerate it , so it looks like it's become academic for me

From previous experience I just assumed my 20k points would never be enough so haven't even bothered to check - and this season I've had enough misery from my home ST 🤣
Anyway , if it's safe standing , my age & spine condition won't tolerate it , so it looks like it's become academic for me
Yes you'd have been fine this year, regarding the standing, a lot of games if you buy online there's an area to buy if you want to sit down mainly. But obviously they could be sold out the further down the points system it gets and generally its right at the front. Last night block 233 was a seating block, the rest safe standing, normally its the first few rows. On Saturday it will be the little lower section at the front.

Yes you'd have been fine this year, regarding the standing, a lot of games if you buy online there's an area to buy if you want to sit down mainly. But obviously they could be sold out the further down the points system it gets and generally its right at the front. Last night block 233 was a seating block, the rest safe standing, normally its the first few rows. On Saturday it will be the little lower section at the front.
Cheers for the info - what with my ST going on my phone , I think technology will see the end for old farts like me.
Christ how I long for my teenage years in the 70s when your gang of mates met up (you had no idea who'd be there on any given Saturday) and you'd waltz down to the Lane , pay cash on the gate and then push your way through to your favourite place on the kop right behind the goal just above the old "walkway" , no planning , no effort , just turn up and have a good time.
Nowadays it's like a feckin lunar mission if a mate wants to come with you to a game.

You can sit. That's the whole point of safe standing.
Theyre raked enough for the seats to see over the standers infront.

Everyone in 233 was stood up

I think I would have struggled to see if I'd been sitting last night. Maybe the rake of the stand behind the goal was higher - I was in the older Bobby Charlton Stand.

I thought the original idea re safe standing was that some matches would be designated sitting and others would be designated standing?

That might be possible in new stadia, but if you’re putting safe standing into an older stand you simply won’t be able to see if you’re sitting down – you might have been able to do this at Brentford the other week, but you’d have seen nothing if sat in the standing area at Luton when we visited.

The criteria on sight lines for safe standing is purely on ensuring they do not negatively impact those in other areas that aren’t licensed for standing.

Spotted me! First away game as an adult, thought i'd make the effort considering old trafford only a 10 minute tram ride away 😅

First experience with safe standing too, loved it

Attachments

• F50AB7E8-BD36-411E-B399-116B68F873D7_1_201_a1.jpeg
    F50AB7E8-BD36-411E-B399-116B68F873D7_1_201_a1.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 31
I think I would have struggled to see if I'd been sitting last night. Maybe the rake of the stand behind the goal was higher

That might be possible in new stadia, but if you’re putting safe standing into an older stand you simply won’t be able to see if you’re sitting down – you might have been able to do this at Brentford the other week, but you’d have seen nothing if sat in the standing area at Luton when we visited.

The criteria on sight lines for safe standing is purely on ensuring they do not negatively impact those in other areas that aren’t licensed for standing.

Of course. I've not considered implementing in old grounds.
The new grounds with purpose built safe standing areas with the rail type seating enable you to sit or stand.

1714042555377.png

Modified into old stadiums like Stamford Bridge don't offer this, you're right:

1714042600390.png

The new grounds with purpose built safe standing areas with the rail type seating enable you to sit or stand.
I still think I would struggle to see if I was sitting - unless the terrace is at least 60cm high. If a 6+ footer was standing it would need to be 70+cm.

I'm not against standing. I actually prefer it but I was slightly amused when a young woman on the tram post-match offered me her seat!

I still think I would struggle to see if I was sitting - unless the terrace is at least 60cm high. If a 6+ footer was standing it would need to be 70+cm.

I'm not against standing. I actually prefer it but I was slightly amused when a young woman on the tram post-match offered me her seat!
I briefly tried sitting down at Newcastle today. Rail seating and a generous terrace height. I couldn't see over the people infront - that was until many of them jumped ship after their 3rd goal.

Back
Top Bottom