People who think we’ll stay up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Honestly when I wrote this thread I thought meh maybe there’s a glimmer of a chance if we keep Ndiaye and in the back of my mind I was thinking surely we will keep him… maybe not.

@Carlton Blade’s 1% chance of staying up is, if you ask me, wildly optimistic.

Bloody hell, it's a bit depressing to have this huge thread at the top of general blades chat each time we log in 😭

If you think a 1% chance of staying up is wildly optimistic then you should be all over the 1.73 odds you can currently get on Betfair! 😉

What “clubs” should we be ahead of? Genuine question.

Your comments seem to be based on a fallacy. What you suggest might be possible on some kind of football manager game, but is totally unrealistic in the real world.

Suggesting that we could be ten players short suggests that you are unaware of the club finances, and might even be described as idealistic? Again it’s not reflecting the reality, just satisfying your own personal desires.

As far as far as team and board management are concerned you might want to make yourself better informed.

Contract issues for one year ahead simply requires action. In future, not immediately.
We're a poorly run club at the top, but what might save us this year is how we're generally run in terms of recruitment, picking players up on the cheap, and running a decent, if poorly maintained, academy. The 16yr old Swedish player who we're looking at later in the month, and the resultant observations we have at scouting level- mean any player from Jebbison to Walker to Ndiaye to Calvert-Lewin could crop up and save us. Let's hope that inspirational recruitment, scouting & academy will save us. UTB

I for one am optimistic about the coming season. Yes we know we cant compete with the others in terms of finances, but we didnt last time either. Cant remember a queue forming for the guys we spent big on and maybe that says our recruitment wasnt all that but i have read for 3 seasons now how we had our pants down signing McBurnie et al so by that rationale not buying those type of guys maybe wont hurt us.

One thing i am sure of is that we will really use the backs against the wall approach in pretty much all games and you know what no one expected it to work last time and it did. Even the Wilder " its just little old sheffield united" comments were part of that approach. Yes we will have our arse handed to us on occassion but we will also give a few bloody noses.

When it gets really tough on the heavy pitches and the freezing cold i fancy us to upset the apple cart and would back us any day of the week over Everton, Bournemouth even Burnley ( who incidentally will suffer due to trying to face their opposition on a level ) and a good few others. I fancy us finishing 12th

I think there are other really bad teams in the division and that’s the only thing I can hold any sort of positivity on.

Even those bad teams have top level managers like Lopueteigi and Dyche for example.
We won’t be stronger than when we finished 9th. Nowhere near tbh. But I do believe we WILL stay up. Btw Leeds had a full house every game (think only Southampton didn’t, its the premier league 99% of clubs have full houses ) let’s be honest bramall lane these days ain’t no elland rd. so forget that

I for one am optimistic about the coming season. Yes we know we cant compete with the others in terms of finances, but we didnt last time either. Cant remember a queue forming for the guys we spent big on and maybe that says our recruitment wasnt all that but i have read for 3 seasons now how we had our pants down signing McBurnie et al so by that rationale not buying those type of guys maybe wont hurt us.

One thing i am sure of is that we will really use the backs against the wall approach in pretty much all games and you know what no one expected it to work last time and it did. Even the Wilder " its just little old sheffield united" comments were part of that approach. Yes we will have our arse handed to us on occassion but we will also give a few bloody noses.

When it gets really tough on the heavy pitches and the freezing cold i fancy us to upset the apple cart and would back us any day of the week over Everton, Bournemouth even Burnley ( who incidentally will suffer due to trying to face their opposition on a level ) and a good few others. I fancy us finishing 12th
Heavy piches... its not 1975 mate there all like bowling greens now all season.

Back
Top Bottom