People who think we’ll stay up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Balboni

Reaction score
Can I just ask what you’re basing that on other than pure blind faith?

I’m not generally the type to admit defeat before a ball has been kicked in anger but fuck me we are making it difficult to think any other way.

So far we’ve resigned 2 players we shouldn’t have who would struggle to get minutes at most championship clubs and have given a new contract to what should be nothing more than a squad player.

We are linked with random players from Scandinavia for pittance and just seem in a rather large pickle generally. Keep seeing rumours about Ndiaye being off which doesn’t help.
Generally it’s not too promising and not too positive, we just seem to be looking at taking punts rather than making any meaningful attempt to stay up.

And on the pitch if this side isn’t improved upon it will be a very bad showing as our form vs our peers post-Christmas showed. We lost every game we played against the teams around us. Management have to hold their hands up to that too and be better as we know.

I’m wanting to have some faith instilled in me from somewhere, so please feel free to hit me with both barrels.

We came 9th in the league and I think by the time all our deals are done we will have a stronger squad than that one was on paper. I don't think the gap between top championship clubs and the bottom 6 in the premier League is gigantic. It won't be easy but I don't see survival as impossible.

You big sad sack

At the minute yes we don't look the strongest but let's wait till windows shut before we shit bed eh?

We are quite strong defensively with a star player at back who can and will chip in with goals.

We will have a full house at home.

Anel was a fairly unknown player, Ndiaye was a complete unknown, Uremovic was unknown. I trust our recruitment and Hecky to provide us with suitable players within our budget.

• Banned
We came 9th in the league and I think by the time all our deals are done we will have a stronger squad than that one was on paper. I don't think the gap between top championship clubs and the bottom 6 in the premier League is gigantic. It won't be easy but I don't see survival as impossible.
I think there are other really bad teams in the division and that’s the only thing I can hold any sort of positivity on.

Even those bad teams have top level managers like Lopueteigi and Dyche for example.

You can be a realist and still be excited for the new season

I think if we stay up it will be a miracle but I’m sure many thought that last time

When you have previous relegation rivals like Newcastle now owned by Saudi Arabia and Villa spending £100 mill and now have one of the best managers in Europe the league is miles harder than what it was when we stayed up

Realistically we need a palace or a Brentford to fall apart and get dragged into a 5/6 team relegation battle

I think there are other really bad teams in the division and that’s the only thing I can hold any sort of positivity on.

Even those bad teams have top level managers like Lopueteigi and Dyche for example.

They aren’t bad teams now though as they have top class managers like dyche & Lopueteigi

I’m not generally the type to admit defeat before a ball has been kicked in anger but fuck me we are making it difficult to think any other way.

So far we’ve resigned 2 players we shouldn’t have who would struggle to get minutes at most championship clubs and have given a new contract to what should be nothing more than a squad player.

We are linked with random players from Scandinavia for pittance and just seem in a rather large pickle generally. Keep seeing rumours about Ndiaye being off which doesn’t help.
Generally it’s not too promising and not too positive, we just seem to be looking at taking punts rather than making any meaningful attempt to stay up.

And on the pitch if this side isn’t improved upon it will be a very bad showing as our form vs our peers post-Christmas showed. We lost every game we played against the teams around us. Management have to hold their hands up to that too and be better as we know.

I’m wanting to have some faith instilled in me from somewhere, so please feel free to hit me with both barrels.
I dont think many do think we will stay up( i dont ) but most choose not to constantly cry about it like a big girls fanny

Last edited:
Only time will tell, but we have a good TEAM that’s well drilled by a great coaching staff. Sprinkle in a bit of star dust and there’s no reason we can’t surprise a few.
Ultimately it comes down to momentum, we have it at the minute, if we can pick up a couple of wins early doors then there’s reason to be optimistic ⚔️

Only time will tell, but we have a good TEAM that’s well drilled by a great coaching staff. Sprinkle in a bit of star dust and there’s no reason we can’t surprise a few.
Ultimately it comes down to momentum, we have it at the minute, if we can pick up a couple of wins early doors then there’s reason to be optimistic ⚔️

We have a good team who knows how to win playing half decent IMO which we did plenty last season

If we can improve the squad and keep that know how of how to win tight games we will have a chance

Teams like palace / Burnley stayed in the Prem for years playing drab football but knowing how to win a game

Who’s shitting the bed? How is admitting we are most likely going to get relegated based upon how we’re shaping up shitting the bed?
I just really can’t see it we are the worst football team in the world

Good. Maybe we might be able to win something then because we are utter wank

The fat lady has already started warming her vocal chords because dem blades are wank

Bit gay that mate but not as gay as sheff utd
There was others but I'm shite at multi quoting

It will be against the odds if we stay up, but I fancy us to... Over the years against the odds has been, Blades place to shine...!!⚔

It'll help if fans leave the negativity at home.....and support them, as actual supporters..... rather than detractors...!🤷‍♂️
I get it's an upward battle, but my god if I didn't think there was any chance I'd find another interest....

It will be tough and that’s why we’re one of the favourites for the drop but as long as we give our all and don’t get stung by the cheating corrupt cunts at the top of the game then we have a fighters chance, that’s what Blades do!

You're absolutely spot on with all of your neuroticism.

So why don't you f*** off and follow a club like Man City where you're almost guaranteed success?

You could even start as you mean to go on by making your debut post on their forum about your forebodings of where Pep goes from here after winning the treble?

Melt.

We've got N'Diaye.
A largely settled core to the team (assuming Doyle signs, which i think he will).
A more experienced Sander Berge playing for his next move, having been a key player and taken a lot of responsibility in the first team last season.
Excellent defenders in Baldock, Anel, Egan and in a couple months RND.
The club and recruitment team will have learnt a lot from last time.
A team with a settled strategy and style of play.
Regardless of whether we've been up there recently, they'll be under little pressure in pretty much every game they play.
Lastly, and this is partly out of hope and bias of course, surely the attacking signings can't be as bad as last time.

I'm just not that sort of football fan. I do not have it in me to think what's going to happen this season. I know many, many fans do go through all that. But that is not what floats my boat. I am going to enjoy every game we win or draw and if we stay up, a lot. And, I am going to enjoy every game we lose and if we get relegated, a little bit less.

Of course, I want my team to win & stay up. But, I don't have this doom gene. The enjoyment gap between winning & losing and staying up & relegation is a small gap for me.

Are the wankers in S6 posting this same type of shit?

Who’s shitting the bed? How is admitting we are most likely going to get relegated based upon how we’re shaping up shitting the bed?
You are. Loads of moaning about signings when we never sign players at this time of the pre-season. Every year fans are moaning that players are in for pre-season but no one we’re likely to be in for will come this early and the better players won’t opt for us until later in the window.
As I say this happens every year without fail.
Last time we were promoted what business had been done at this stage?

Odds are that we’re more likely to go down that stay up however let’s see where we are once the window closes, and anyway moaning about it isn’t going to help in anyway shape or form. Of course that won’t stop those that love looking on the negative side so they can say they’re right when the most likely outcome occurs but they’ve not contributed anything, just undermining the efforts.
We’ve had posters saying there’s no transfer budget at all, to grumbles that it’s only £20m. Personally I think it’ll be a bit more but we know it won’t be at levels we spent last time we were here because it crippled us for 2 seasons and still is pulling us down.
If we spend this season building a squad at sensible prices which both puts us in a strong position to come straight back if we’re relegated while clearing/significantly reducing our longer term debt, meaning we can compete for players next year, I’ll be happy.
I don’t want or expect us to “show ambition”, “go for it” or “spend next years budget”. I do expect there will be money in January to spend too and who knows where we may be by then. I very much doubt we’ll be in a worse position to the last season we were here come January, when incidentally we did do all those things which I don’t want us to repeat.

Last edited:
I think if we do stay up we probably won’t go down

But we could easily go down which means we won’t stay up

Either way enjoy the ride blades fans

It doesn’t take much for some of our fans to implode. I can’t wait for next seasons
  • all squad out of contract
  • Iliman gone villa for 500k
  • Billy top scorer in championship
  • Hecky gone and Warnock steps in
  • Brewster hamstring injury first game back
  • Pigeons wearing rainbow laces
Oh wait, non of it has fucking happened yet. Let’s all enjoy summer wi a bit of bazball

Mate you need to worry about your boys, after that car crash of an interview from Chancer your new manager might be having buyers remorse…

The team that finished last season with Doyle and Mcatee in it with the addition of a LWB and LCB would give most teams in the EPL a run for their money. We played 3-4-2-1 and took the game to the opposition. Therein lies the problem. Any return to the dreaded flat 3 in midfield and we'll struggle imo. We have to play to our strengths and not worry about the opposition. Momentum is so important to get a good start so no messing around with the formation.

We don't have Doyle and Mcatee, they are big losses to the way we were playing. Get them back and I'd be more confident about our prospects.

Perhaps you should have asked your Question at the end of August.
While I agree giving new contracts to Fleck and Osborn is worrying, Robinson I think is ok as cover.
Nobody at the minute including Heckingbottom knows what our starting line up will be against Palace which is still 5 weeks away, We are not even halfway through July yet.

Perhaps what's not too promising is your choice of attitude and pessimism 🙏
It is a choice and rumour isn't fact it's folk inventing their own narrative to suit their agendas it could be argued.
We're a club on the up.If we were a 5 yr trading chart I imagine the data would look promising.
We've every chance of staying up, more so with 30,000 positive noisy blades in attendance.
Keep the faith mate👍🥳.
UTB

Back
Top Bottom