People who think we’ll stay up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Iliman goes it could be a struggle to get double figures at this rate cos I can’t see where the goals are going to come from and we’ll be leaking easy goals with our current defence.
It really is a sad state of affairs where we currently are right now. We’re about 10 players short at the minute and with limited funds we aren’t going to get even half of that amount, nevermind the quality of the player.
The squad management is an absolute disgrace of the highest order with only 3 players on a contact further than 11 months. We’re going to be relegated with no asset apart from Anel who we could probably get 15m at best for leaving us with limited money for a rebuild.
If we’re not taken over by Christmas I don’t just fear for our premier league safety but i fear we will struggle in the championship the following year. That’s the reality of the situation but sadly too many fans have their rose tinted glasses on.

If Iliman goes it could be a struggle to get double figures at this rate cos I can’t see where the goals are going to come from and we’ll be leaking easy goals with our current defence.
It really is a sad state of affairs where we currently are right now. We’re about 10 players short at the minute and with limited funds we aren’t going to get even half of that amount, nevermind the quality of the player.
The squad management is an absolute disgrace of the highest order with only 3 players on a contact further than 11 months. We’re going to be relegated with no asset apart from Anel who we could probably get 15m at best for leaving us with limited money for a rebuild.
If we’re not taken over by Christmas I don’t just fear for our premier league safety but i fear we will struggle in the championship the following year. That’s the reality of the situation but sadly too many fans have their rose tinted glasses on.
Your comments seem to be based on a fallacy. What you suggest might be possible on some kind of football manager game, but is totally unrealistic in the real world.

Suggesting that we could be ten players short suggests that you are unaware of the club finances, and might even be described as idealistic? Again it’s not reflecting the reality, just satisfying your own personal desires.

As far as far as team and board management are concerned you might want to make yourself better informed.

Contract issues for one year ahead simply requires action. In future, not immediately.

Your comments seem to be based on a fallacy. What you suggest might be possible on some kind of football manager game, but is totally unrealistic in the real world.

Suggesting that we could be ten players short suggests that you are unaware of the club finances, and might even be described as idealistic? Again it’s not reflecting the reality, just satisfying your own personal desires.

As far as far as team and board management are concerned you might want to make yourself better informed.

Contract issues for one year ahead simply requires action. In future, not immediately.
We are atleast 10 players short and 6/7 of them need to be good enough for the first XI. I know the financial struggles of the club so that’s why I can’t see us bringing in close to 10 players - which i previously said.

As for contract issues, what is the perfect time to hand some contract offers out to players then? Because in 5 months time 20+ players on our books can sign a pre contract agreement with another club leaving us fucked.

We need at least 5 players who are going to walk straight into the side, which isn’t going to happen, I can honestly see the midfield being Fleck and Norwood against Palace what a depressing thought.
Two players who should be nowhere near a first 11.

Honestly when I wrote this thread I thought meh maybe there’s a glimmer of a chance if we keep Ndiaye and in the back of my mind I was thinking surely we will keep him… maybe not.

@Carlton Blade’s 1% chance of staying up is, if you ask me, wildly optimistic.

Honestly when I wrote this thread I thought meh maybe there’s a glimmer of a chance if we keep Ndiaye and in the back of my mind I was thinking surely we will keep him… maybe not.

@Carlton Blade’s 1% chance of staying up is, if you ask me, wildly optimistic.
To be fair, I said <1%

We need at least 5 players who are going to walk straight into the side, which isn’t going to happen, I can honestly see the midfield being Fleck and Norwood against Palace what a depressing thought.
Two players who should be nowhere near a first 11.
Yep unfortunately that’s the case. We’re going to be walked over. Can’t believe we never went in for Jeffrey Schlupp

We are atleast 10 players short and 6/7 of them need to be good enough for the first XI. I know the financial struggles of the club so that’s why I can’t see us bringing in close to 10 players - which i previously said.

As for contract issues, what is the perfect time to hand some contract offers out to players then? Because in 5 months time 20+ players on our books can sign a pre contract agreement with another club leaving us fucked.
If we are 10 players short, and 6/7 need to be starters, you obviously realise that those who remain, 3/4 players are unlikely to make up the numbers as they won’t be starting according to you!

Who will come to the lane if they are no starters? Where is the money for the other 6/7 players giarnteed tostart.

Dooryard, but you need to accept that the numbers don’t add up. I asked recently where the figure of 20m came from, and if it included fees and wages. All I have heard since is a deafening silence.

Since you ignored it the first time, I will say it again. This is not a computer game. The club will not get 10 new players because this is real life. Real life does not always satisfy your opinions. I’m sure PH will do his due diligence on players coming in, but he has his work cut out persuading anyone to come, if the so called fans already believe we are relegation fodder, and there will be few candidates looking to our wages as a prize when we are rumoured to have the second lowest wage ceiling in the EPL!

As for players with contracts running down, it could be a blessing in disguise. They can leave now and give PH their wages to spend on 12 blokes who do want to pull on a blades shirt.

‘We are only naming one sub, because the new owner wants players gone.!

(Of course the development players can be used to fill these gaps). I suggest you stop dreaming, quit spending money we don’t have, and chill out when you have accepted reality. Only about 30 days left for Hecky to do the magicians course or start polishing turds. :)

Can I just ask what you’re basing that on other than pure blind faith?

I’m not generally the type to admit defeat before a ball has been kicked in anger but fuck me we are making it difficult to think any other way.

So far we’ve resigned 2 players we shouldn’t have who would struggle to get minutes at most championship clubs and have given a new contract to what should be nothing more than a squad player.

We are linked with random players from Scandinavia for pittance and just seem in a rather large pickle generally. Keep seeing rumours about Ndiaye being off which doesn’t help.
Generally it’s not too promising and not too positive, we just seem to be looking at taking punts rather than making any meaningful attempt to stay up.

And on the pitch if this side isn’t improved upon it will be a very bad showing as our form vs our peers post-Christmas showed. We lost every game we played against the teams around us. Management have to hold their hands up to that too and be better as we know.

I’m wanting to have some faith instilled in me from somewhere, so please feel free to hit me with both barrels.
To stay up you need a good defence and that is what we have.

We are one of the best teams around without the ball. We play with discipline and structure.

In Baldock, Egan and Anel we have three excellent competitors. No doubt we will add a little bit more quality on the left, though Norrington-Davies was playing excellently before injury and despite him being much maligned in the early days, Robinson has a good claim to be most improved player over the past 18 months.

Like all keepers Wes has occasional moments, but these are few and far between and he provides a calming presence behind the defence.

So one positive is a solid foundation.

Going forwards there is work to be done but that is where a fair bit of focus will be. So I would suggest we reserve judgement until the window closes.

We also have some encouraging young players, in the forward line which should provide some subversion planning and avoid excessive future recruitment costs.

We have also retained all but one of our major recruits from the last Premier League campaign.

Of course we will be one of the favourites to go down but we should be encouraged that all three promoted teams stayed up last season whilst we beat Fulham twice, drew on aggregate with Forest and dubious refereeing was the only difference between us and Bournemouth.

Lots of uncertainty but a lot of that will disparate in the next month.

That’s all I’ve got for you for the moment buddy 👍

To stay up you need a good defence and that is what we have.

We are one of the best teams around without the ball. We play with discipline and structure.

In Baldock, Egan and Anel we have three excellent competitors. No doubt we will add a little bit more quality on the left, though Norrington-Davies was playing excellently before injury and despite him being much maligned in the early days, Robinson has a good claim to be most improved player over the past 18 months.

Like all keepers Wes has occasional moments, but these are few and far between and he provides a calming presence behind the defence.

So one positive is a solid foundation.

Going forwards there is work to be done but that is where a fair bit of focus will be. So I would suggest we reserve judgement until the window closes.

We also have some encouraging young players, in the forward line which should provide some subversion planning and avoid excessive future recruitment costs.

We have also retained all but one of our major recruits from the last Premier League campaign.

Of course we will be one of the favourites to go down but we should be encouraged that all three promoted teams stayed up last season whilst we beat Fulham twice, drew on aggregate with Forest and dubious refereeing was the only difference between us and Bournemouth.

Lots of uncertainty but a lot of that Will disparate in the next month.
We have a solid foundation I would agree but that's only been tested against Championship opposition and a one off semi-final against City at Wembley. Over the course of the season will it be that way? We need to strengthen the left side undoubtedly.

Going forwards I think we are fucked to be honest. You can't be as solid as we set up and score tonnes of goals. We would need to change the whole mentality and the way we play.

We have 'retained' them, but how many are even as good as they were then? I'd argue Egan and Baldock are as good, McBurnie when he can be arsed. Norwood and Fleck are gone.

If Ndiaye goes none of this matters.

We have a solid foundation I would agree but that's only been tested against Championship opposition and a one off semi-final against City at Wembley. Over the course of the season will it be that way? We need to strengthen the left side undoubtedly.

Going forwards I think we are fucked to be honest. You can't be as solid as we set up and score tonnes of goals. We would need to change the whole mentality and the way we play.

We have 'retained' them, but how many are even as good as they were then? I'd argue Egan and Baldock are as good, McBurnie when he can be arsed. Norwood and Fleck are gone.

Hey, you asked me to instill some faith in you.

You didn’t ask me to turn water to wine 😆

Please stop😩

It’s just the way of it for United. We’ve had poor ownership (in both senses) for as long as I’ve watched us.

Back
Top Bottom