Paddy McCarthy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LouTheBlade

Reaction score
Just seen United and Norwich linked with him on sky sports website. I liked the look of him in those last two games against West Brom and the piggies. I fear he might be prone to the odd red card though the way he plays.....

Any thoughts?

I think he would be a good signing. Get him and Bartley on a season long loan. If we keep Naysmith then all we need is a right back and the defence can be sorted quite quickly

Very average mid-to-lower table Championship player – but I’m afraid that is now our level.

I know little about him but if IOM is right then this one is questionable. If we are singing Seip as back up then do we need a plyer that is worse? If we bring Bartley in then we'll have Seip, Morgs, bartley and Mcarthy.

This could also be a sign of our intentions, i.e. Seip will be regualar centre back and Mcarthy back up (or vice versa). Or could Blackwell be learning from his mistakes and actually bringing in plenty of centre back cover??!

I know little about him but if IOM is right then this one is questionable. If we are singing Seip as back up then do we need a plyer that is worse? If we bring Bartley in then we'll have Seip, Morgs, bartley and Mcarthy.

This could also be a sign of our intentions, i.e. Seip will be regualar centre back and Mcarthy back up (or vice versa). Or could Blackwell be learning from his mistakes and actually bringing in plenty of centre back cover??!

Personally, I think McCarthy is better than Seip - just my opinion from what ive seen.

Seip is a very average centre half IMO. Steady but not great and prone to an occasional clanger every now and again. McCarthy seems to play with a bit more intensity and enjoys a physical battle. More my sort of defender really but out of the two I would choose McCarthy.

Personally, I think McCarthy is better than Seip - just my opinion from what ive seen.

Seip is a very average centre half IMO. Steady but not great and prone to an occasional clanger every now and again. McCarthy seems to play with a bit more intensity and enjoys a physical battle. More my sort of defender really but out of the two I would choose McCarthy.

Fair enough. Is he quick? With Morgs and Seip we have 2 fairly stationary defenders. Would be good to get a bit of pace in (although i guess Bartley would solve that).

Fair enough. Is he quick? With Morgs and Seip we have 2 fairly stationary defenders. Would be good to get a bit of pace in (although i guess Bartley would solve that).

I dont think McCarthy is particularly gifted with pace no. He isnt the slowest by any means though and looks fairly athletic but he's no Kilgallon in that respect. Centre halves with pace seemed to emerge more a few years ago but that sort of player seems to have dried up now. We were producing a few and then the production line stopped........

I certainly cant think of many in that mould at this level so we may have to settle with big lads to be honest. On our budget we probably will.

I'd have him if only based on the impression of a wall he did at Hillsborough to send 'em down. I thought he was brilliant.

Signed a new 3-year deal with Palace today...........................

Back
Top Bottom