100%

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

originaltrueblade

Reaction score
I started watching United in 1960 so a long time. I witnessed many ups and downs all the way to Division 4 and back. Many stars and many grafters over the years but never have I seen any of those teams give up, that is until Sunday.
One moment of pure effort stands out Billy Hodgson not the most gifted but boy he left everything every time and this particular day against Leicester he were brilliant you couldn’t see him at the end he was plastered in mud but I’ve never forgotten that 100% you see. That’s what you need to do everytime
If you are privileged to wear the red and white striped shirt I want 100% until the final whistle starting against West Ham. If we lose but you’ve left everything out on the pitch you’ll hear no criticisms from any Blades. If we go two or three down you have to think it’s still 0-0 and apply yourself to the fullest.

Sheffield United Football Club are special don’t let us down like that ever again.
Do your best and leave everything out there for the Blades and we will love you for it
UTMB

I started watching United in 1960 so a long time. I witnessed many ups and downs all the way to Division 4 and back. Many stars and many grafters over the years but never have I seen any of those teams give up, that is until Sunday.
One moment of pure effort stands out Billy Hodgson not the most gifted but boy he left everything every time and this particular day against Leicester he were brilliant you couldn’t see him at the end he was plastered in mud but I’ve never forgotten that 100% you see. That’s what you need to do everytime
If you are privileged to wear the red and white striped shirt I want 100% until the final whistle starting against West Ham. If we lose but you’ve left everything out on the pitch you’ll hear no criticisms from any Blades. If we go two or three down you have to think it’s still 0-0 and apply yourself to the fullest.

Sheffield United Football Club are special don’t let us down like that ever again.
Do your best and leave everything out there for the Blades and we will love you for it
UTMB
If we lose but you’ve left everything out on the pitch you’ll hear no criticisms from any Blades.

I hope you don’t really believe that? We could be top of the league having won every game and some would still find cause to criticise.

Do your best and leave everything out there for the Blades and we will love you for it.
UTMB
1695746599220.png
I hear this man's voice when I read that
from originaltrueblade
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

If we lose but you’ve left everything out on the pitch you’ll hear no criticisms from any Blades.

I hope you don’t really believe that? We could be top of the league having won every game and some would still find cause to criticise.
Not many

In terms of effort, I’d have to say this could be one of, if not the only time I’ve seen us throw in the towel so meekly.

Hated watching it (obviously 😂 ) but the result is embarrassing enough without the absolute cowardly crumble by the players.

In terms of effort, I’d have to say this could be one of, if not the only time I’ve seen us throw in the towel so meekly.

Hated watching it (obviously 😂 ) but the result is embarrassing enough without the absolute cowardly crumble by the players.
F.A. investigating a missile been thrown at Sundays debacle,what price a point(s) deduction?

Hindsight alert, but as the women's match a whole week later has been postponed, the sensible thing would have been to have done the same for the men's game a few mere days after it happened.

She was clearly very well known within the club and players apparently openly sobbing on the pitch is something that isn't ideal preparation for having to dig deep into your emotional resiliency.

You'd always hoped that they'd put on a show but you'd also consider that this could have gone either way.

We don't know how they were feeling and they will be very hesitant to use this in the press and unfortunately the press will go in on the players without recognizing the impact of what preceded it.

If less money had been at stake and the power of the tv companies not there you'd imagine they'd just knock it on the head like they have done for the women. Clearly they are not in a state of mind to play a good number of days after the sad loss, so what makes the authorities think the men were after mere days?

Burnley fans threw things on to the pitch against Man City(1st game of season).

I can't see Vincent Kompany's Burnley getting a points deduction.

I've been going over 40 years and seen a few of our teams throw the towel in

watching sky last night , and the bias towards the estabalished clubs shone brightly

as Wolves went 2 up at ipswich the experts were saying just like the promoted 3 all losing and without a win the gulf is ever widening between the prem and the championship as wolves are confirming

then Ipswich scpred 3 and won 3-2

what a set of entitled farts most prem clubs are

I really don't like this league you cannot play a Championship squad in this division and expect anything else. Fair play all games up to the Newcastle embarrassment we have shown some effort and could be on 6 points if we had played out the forest city spurs and win home Vs Everton. It's an unforgiving league and i really fear as soon as we conceed heads will drop again. Roll on the championship put me out of my misery please. Every mistake is punished however when the opposition makes a mistake we don't capitalise. How much did we miss McBurnie one Sunday never thought I'd say that sentence.. as always UTB

Hindsight alert, but as the women's match a whole week later has been postponed, the sensible thing would have been to have done the same for the men's game a few mere days after it happened.

She was clearly very well known within the club and players apparently openly sobbing on the pitch is something that isn't ideal preparation for having to dig deep into your emotional resiliency.

You'd always hoped that they'd put on a show but you'd also consider that this could have gone either way.

We don't know how they were feeling and they will be very hesitant to use this in the press and unfortunately the press will go in on the players without recognizing the impact of what preceded it.

If less money had been at stake and the power of the tv companies not there you'd imagine they'd just knock it on the head like they have done for the women. Clearly they are not in a state of mind to play a good number of days after the sad loss, so what makes the authorities think the men were after mere days?

It would not be remotely surprising to discover, in the fullness of time, that a request was made to postpone the match but that (a) SKY objected to having the slot in their schedule unfulfilled, and/or (b) that the Premier League would not sanction a postponement that would trigger payment of a financial penalty to SKY and/or which would mean rearranging the fixture in Newcastle’s schedule which, due to their involvement in the Champions League, contains no spare dates.

Everybody knows that money is the priority for SKY and the Premier League.

As others have noted, United have not and could not mention anything of this nature publicly. Nonetheless, the first thing that Heckingbottom said post-match, was “It has been a difficult week for the club…”.

It was a clear message - and rightly so - as to where the minds of everyone at the club were on Sunday. The most outlandish freakish result in the club’s 134 year history was nowhere near the forefront.

Back
Top Bottom