Over 30 years of Blades shirts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi everyone this is my first thread reply only just joined here I had this shirt and 5 others given me some years ago a friend of mine not into football organised a charity golf day of utd v weds fans and utd donated the shirts to him for them to wear I cannot guarantee they have been match worn but would love to think they have especially this one which I wear most Monday's at the pitz to play
UTB NBM

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    485.9 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 59
View attachment 58349

My elder brother has been going to the Lane for over 50 years. He started collecting shirts in the mid to late 80s. He has just given me this
collection of over 50 shirts. I feel quite humble as he isn’t well and knows I will treasure these shirts in the same way he always has. I am going to go to each of the next 50 matches in a different shirt.

I would love to see pics of any other Blades who have similar collections.
Fantastic collection btw I have a few shirts in my collection and would love to know what happened to my kits I had as a kid
UTB NBM

I have a confession .........

I have only ever bought 2 first team shirts since my first season of following the Blades in 1971. The ‘Sabella’ shirt which we wore when we got relegated in 1981 and this season’s.

Let’s all hope by next May I only have a 50% relegation average !

UTB.

Hi everyone this is my first thread reply only just joined here I had this shirt and 5 others given me some years ago a friend of mine not into football organised a charity golf day of utd v weds fans and utd donated the shirts to him for them to wear I cannot guarantee they have been match worn but would love to think they have especially this one which I wear most Monday's at the pitz to play
UTB NBM

That's a trouser tenter for the regulars of this thread I imagine. Especially if it is match worn.

The others are in my brothers loft with our programme collection and other bits and bobs :) I also think I have one of the rarest modern day programmes but going to post that on the programme corner thread
UTB NBM

Not a massive shirt collector but I would guess that match worn is where the money is. From that point of view I'd guess a couple of shirts would be really worth having for their rarity.

As we only wore this 3 times, and there's been a recent version released, a match worn must be nearly impossible to get hold of

Image result for Alex Sabella Sheffield United

Also in the 1974-75 season we had an all blue kit. Not dark blue, but royal blue. Again it was only worn about 4 times and I've never seen one. There isn't even a colour photo of it. But it was an all blue shirt (think Chelsea) with a Blades badge on it. I remember seeing it at Stoke and thought it was very weird. This pic of Len Badger was taken at Anfield.

1571161532730.png

UTB NBM
Thats a beaut. Gotta be worth £110- £130, whilst its rare, the official numbers and football league badges make it extra special .

UTB NBM

If I were you I'd put that somewhere safe and no way would I play in it, as a matchworn shirt of that ilk is very very rare (especially Deano's long-sleeved) which looks like it is, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell for at least £500+ in auction or on ebay (despite it looking slightly faded around the collar and on the shoulder patch)

Last edited:
You could buy official number printing and football league badges from sugg sports back then so no way to verify if it is match worn.

You could buy official number printing and football league badges from sugg sports back then so no way to verify if it is match worn.

Authentic player-issue numbers for the era. I never saw those official flock Umbro 'diamond' numbers myself for sale anywhere back in the day.

Plus the crest is embroidered on - the replicas had felt heat-transfers.

If the shirt is long-sleeved (can't tell from photos), then deffo player-issue, as long-sleeves weren't available in replicas sold on the high street

Last edited:

UTB NBM

How long have you had that?

I once played against a guy wearing that exact shirt at pitz and offered to buy it and he said no he just liked playing in it.. whilst I thought that was mental I also loved it.

I left sheffield 10 years ago so must have been 11 years ago. How long have you been playing in it there?

Not a massive shirt collector but I would guess that match worn is where the money is. From that point of view I'd guess a couple of shirts would be really worth having for their rarity.

As we only wore this 3 times, and there's been a recent version released, a match worn must be nearly impossible to get hold of

Image result for Alex Sabella Sheffield United

Also in the 1974-75 season we had an all blue kit. Not dark blue, but royal blue. Again it was only worn about 4 times and I've never seen one. There isn't even a colour photo of it. But it was an all blue shirt (think Chelsea) with a Blades badge on it. I remember seeing it at Stoke and thought it was very weird. This pic of Len Badger was taken at Anfield.

View attachment 62744

I've got the match worn Suffo shirt from THAT game. Only problem is I don't have a certificate for it. I've asked classic football shirts before as to how much I might get for it, but as its only little old Sheffield united, the answer was 'not much'. As well as no proof. Name and number obviously on the back.

If I were you I'd put that somewhere safe and no way would I play in it, as a matchworn shirt of that ilk is very very rare (especially Deano's long-sleeved) which looks like it is, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell for at least £500+ in auction or on ebay (despite it looking slightly faded around the collar and on the shoulder patch)
Hi mate ive been playing in it for yrs down there and goals , the monetary value is neither here nor there to me never going to sell it so what use is it somewhere safe or in a drawer but to have played in what i hope is deano,s shirt is a priceless
UTB NBM

How long have you had that?

I once played against a guy wearing that exact shirt at pitz and offered to buy it and he said no he just liked playing in it.. whilst I thought that was mental I also loved it.

I left sheffield 10 years ago so must have been 11 years ago. How long have you been playing in it there?
Hi Mancunianblade i have played there for yrs since mid 90,s if it was me i cant remember you offering to buy it , i used to play mon / wed / thurs 5-6 now its just mondays 6-7

UTB NBM

Hi Mancunianblade i have played there for yrs since mid 90‘a if it was me i cant remember you offering to buy it , i used to play mon / wed / thurs 5-6 now its just mondays 6-7

UTB NBM

yep sounds about right then.. can’t imagine two guys playing in matchworn Brian Deane shirts. Don’t blame you one bit for wanting to keep it

UTB NBM

I'd love to take that off your hands if you ever wanted to sell

good question that. From memory a mate asked me to play for his team. Wasn’t my usual game.. fella called Christian.
yep i remember christian , it must have been with my mates , christian worked with them , havent seen him for ages tho
UTB NBM

If your in the market, Now is a good time to buy. A lot of our 90’s shirts are on ebay and very good condition. Not seen so many on there before, expensive though, but they are getting harder to find, hence the high prices. And if you decide to sell them you’ll be making a decent profit too.

I,ve got a match worn one of these , how much would that be worth ?
The one on eBay is at £275 or best offer. (No point offering less than £200, hence the auto decline).

Back
Top Bottom