Over 30 years of Blades shirts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If anybody is interested I spotted this for sale the other day, pricey but I believe its quite rare.

One of my favourite shirts that we've ever had.

Had an original replica at the time but would have got slung out as I was only 10 or 11.

Tried in vain over the years to find one but wouldn't have paid that much in fairness.

Probably my size too as I prefer them more fitted.

So I bought the 83-86 from classic football shirts. But I was wondering if anyone has one from that era? The umbro badge is different to the ones I've come across in the fact that it doesn't say umbro underneath it. Any seen this one before?

At Sheffield auction gallery in the last 3 years or so we’ve seen match worn away shirts for the 81/2 4th division championship season go for about £600-650 with commission with the number 6 (John McAlle or Tony Kenworthy) and number 9 (Steve Neville or more likely Keith Edwards) on the back.
Last year saw a 1970ish match worn shirt with the number 2 on the back (Badger) fetch £900-950 with commission. The eBay one (Mark Todd) isn’t worth £900 but probably the same as the 81/2 season shirts just because of the actual shirt rarity

Michael Brown's 99/00 MW shirt gifted to Neil Warnock up for auction at Sheffield Auction Gallery next week (Thursday Sept 12th) in their footy & sporting memorabilia auction

Michael Brown's 99/00 MW shirt gifted to Neil Warnock up for auction at Sheffield Auction Gallery next week (Thursday Sept 12th) in their footy & sporting memorabilia auction

Nice item, but it’s been framed (a no no for the genuine shirt collector) It doesn’t have any historical significance (promotion etc) or is a difficult shirt to get hold of.

The Desun one was made out of some kind of space age fabric.

Once wore it to a match in the middle of winter over the top of my jumper and it was like sitting in a blast furnace.

Was drenched in sweat by the time we got back to the car after the match.

What a brill collection, I still have my luminescant dayglo away shirt DB era, it's a bit oil and paint splattered but still going and is a brill shirt to wear in winter in bed or on a freezing cold day/night, keeps thi lovely and warm.

View attachment 58349

My elder brother has been going to the Lane for over 50 years. He started collecting shirts in the mid to late 80s. He has just given me this
collection of over 50 shirts. I feel quite humble as he isn’t well and knows I will treasure these shirts in the same way he always has. I am going to go to each of the next 50 matches in a different shirt.

I would love to see pics of any other Blades who have similar collections.

Great collection, fantastic.

Great collection, what a gift ! I've got all these too, apart from four - the 'diamond' home, the navy blue/jade 'laver', the navy blue 'desun', and the white 'midas', all of which I'm not really keen on.

Got mine out of storage to do a stock check, a few weeks ago.

Here are some pics ...

Shit the bed. That could be the best collection I've ever seen.

Are they all player issues or have you printed some of the names on?

Shit the bed. That could be the best collection I've ever seen.

Are they all player issues or have you printed some of the names on?

Cheers Fella 👍

The only shirt I have doubts about is the yellow Maguire 13/14 shirt, as it's sized Large so maybe too big (Maguire apparently takes a Medium these days, so I'm told), plus there was no distinguishing sponsors patch on players' shirts that season to differentiate it from a replica.

Otherwise, I'm confident they're all player issue ... I recently sold the John Reed 93/94 shirt, which I kinda regret now, but I have a Whitehouse/long sleeve version, and I'm trying to keep it down to one of each season now - although I do know collectors who have numerous different players' shirts of the same season, which I fully understand, it's the collector's curse not being able to resist when you see a match worn shirt on offer 😆

Selling my 85/86 away shirt. Mines even got laver on the front, me dad ‘acquired’ it . Been sat in a bag for over 30 years. Not a bobble on it. Iam open to offers....

Selling my 85/86 away shirt. Mines even got laver on the front, me dad ‘acquired’ it . Been sat in a bag for over 30 years. Not a bobble on it. Iam open to offers....

Is it same as this one currently on ebay ?

Well, if you're into 70s replica shirts instead, there's this beauty in the same auction, signed by TC, Woody, and Eddie Colquhoun - with a signed Alex Sabella photo thrown in ...

Here's the Alex Sabella autograph which is in the same lot (Lot 22) tomorrow (Sept 12, Sheffield Auction Gallery) as the signed (Colquhoun, Currie & Woodward) 70s shirt ... you're welcome 😁

Attachments

• IMG_6151.jpg
    IMG_6151.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6152.jpg
    IMG_6152.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
It's a long time since he wore it but still fits him.... I think 😊

Any shirt geeks able to verify the claim that this shirt was our '2nd away' / 3rd shirt from 06/07? I dont remember it at all...

Any shirt geeks able to verify the claim that this shirt was our '2nd away' / 3rd shirt from 06/07? I dont remember it at all...

Looks like the away from 05/06 with Capital One sponsor to me

I will be gradually selling off my 80’s and 90’s blades shirts as il be relocating abroad and i need the cash. All my shirts are size large and perfect condition, 1st up iam selling this 90’s tracksuit top. Just a heads up really for my fellow S24SU users who have a passion for for these beautiful items. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...29508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111View attachment 62690View attachment 62690

Is this the same one that was on ebay yesterday? Went for about £50?

That's the away from the season before which had HFS Loans sponsor on it. Not sure how it could've been a 2nd away shirt though as it's White and Black and the away shirt we had was White and Black. Makes no sense.

Wonder if it was meant to be the away but then they released the striped shirt?!

Either way, genuinely is rare.

Back
Top Bottom