Player Suggestion Out of Contract (2024)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score

Johnson stands out in the prem especially as we were linked to him in Jan

Jake Cooper would be a good signing if that list was accurate but he signed a new contract at the start of the season, Wilder would probably go for Liam instead anyway.

Harrison Burrows has been quite effective going forward from LB at Peterborough this season. At 22 is he good enough defensively to finally fill the void left by prime Enda?

I don’t know if we could afford his wages but I’ve always been very impressed with Josh Dasilva

Jake Cooper would be a good signing if that list was accurate but he signed a new contract at the start of the season, Wilder would probably go for Liam instead anyway.

Thankfully, as you say, he did extend so the list isn't accurate

This is what’s exciting. Theres a lot of good players. Callum O’Hare stands out as do some others like Willock etc.

There is a huge scope to get a quality team in the championship. We are one of the big hitters in the Championship. Parachute payments will always be favourable and we are bigger than Luton and Burnley seem to go more foriegn. So we should have the pick from the ones who don’t go to the premier league.

It’s important we get the Head of Recruitment in early so that we can work on these now.

We should get Vestergaard if possible

O'Hare and Dolan would be a great pair to get

McNair, Dunne, Mowatt and Gallagher are all obvious targets. Ben Gibson and Liam Cooper wouldn't surprise me either

In the PL, Hughes and Reidewald from Palace would be good. Reidewald could replace Souza. Johnson from West Ham should be signed if possible, but I highly doubt it. Josh Dasilva would have been a 40m player by now but injury has wrecked him and we should avoid any temptation

One of our issues this season has been McBurnie coming off and us not having a like-for-like replacement, meaning we have to alter the way we play.

It's unlikely to happen, but I'd try and be greedy and have both.
Nice idea, but it's unlikely we'll even be able to keep McBurnie

Maybe try 2 from 3 of Emil Riis, Kieffer Moore and Sam Gallagher

Then sign 2 or 3 in the O'Hare / Dolan mould to play around them

Parachute payments will always be favourable

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but didn't we borrow against them meaning we've already spent it? Or did we borrow against the TV money?

One of our issues this season has been McBurnie coming off and us not having a like-for-like replacement, meaning we have to alter the way we play.

It's unlikely to happen, but I'd try and be greedy and have both.
Reason why i went for Wood even tho he is 32 since Xmas time he has started all Forests games and played the full 90 baring a couple of games.

We should get Vestergaard if possible

O'Hare and Dolan would be a great pair to get

McNair, Dunne, Mowatt and Gallagher are all obvious targets. Ben Gibson and Liam Cooper wouldn't surprise me either

In the PL, Hughes and Reidewald from Palace would be good. Reidewald could replace Souza. Johnson from West Ham should be signed if possible, but I highly doubt it. Josh Dasilva would have been a 40m player by now but injury has wrecked him and we should avoid any temptation
Liam Cooper would be the last straw, Westergaard is poor in the premiership (if we went up) but if Wilder considers Cooper that's exactly why I don't want him in charge next year

Liam Cooper would be the last straw, Westergaard is poor in the premiership (if we went up) but if Wilder considers Cooper that's exactly why I don't want him in charge next year
I've never rated Cooper either but he does seem good laddish, is free, and would suit a back 3 in the middle so that's why it wouldn't surprise me

It doesn't matter if Vestergaard is poor in the PL. He's better than what we've had this season, good in the championship, very much in his prime and would also suit the middle role. Height at set pieces too

In my opinion we should be doing everything possible to get o'hare. We need a permanent signing for the Macca/MGW role and getting him on a pre-contract would keep an important loan spot free. Could work very handy to keep Hamer here and entice his mate to come too.

If Ineanacho's wages aren't silly, definitely him too.

It doesn't matter if Vestergaard is poor in the PL. He's better than what we've had this season, good in the championship, very much in his prime and would also suit the middle role. Height at set pieces too

Well, no, it doesn't. Question then becomes whether he will accept a one year deal, as offering a longer deal to someone who will be 32 in August who in the best case scenario becomes surplus to requirements is idiocy. Signing players who aren't good enough for the PL now but may develop to do is fine. Vestergaard isn't that player

Well, no, it doesn't. Question then becomes whether he will accept a one year deal, as offering a longer deal to someone who will be 32 in August who in the best case scenario becomes surplus to requirements is idiocy. Signing players who aren't good enough for the PL now but may develop to do is fine. Vestergaard isn't that player
Signing those players will be more expensive. It's also a luxury to insist on players with PL potential. We don't have that luxury, we arent rich enough. I don't take for granted our ability to go up. Far from it. I think we're up against it. We could get promoted again with the likes of Vestergaard getting us there and end up in a far stronger position than we did this time simply through less ridiculous recruitment after promotion

I think if you go up with 4 or 5 players likely to be PL quality then you've done well

Signing those players will be more expensive. It's also a luxury to insist on players with PL potential. We don't have that luxury, we arent rich enough. I don't take for granted our ability to go up. Far from it. I think we're up against it. We could get promoted again with the likes of Vestergaard getting us there and end up in a far stronger position than we did this time simply through less ridiculous recruitment after promotion

I think if you go up with 4 or 5 players likely to be PL quality then you've done well

I guess it depends on what sort of squad you are trying to build, and what sort of timeframes you are trying to win promotion in. If it's a case of we can realistically go straight back up, then sure, fill out the trouble spots with one year deals (or loans for that matter) and then patch them up with longer term solutions with the PL money. Vestergaard would check that sort of box - but as stated, it is then on the player as to whether they would take such a deal.

If, however, you think promotion is unrealistic in year one, the question then becomes "what are you doing with 24/25"? The logical response would be to blood as many of the kids as possible and give as many minutes to the likes of Arblaster, Osula, Brooks, Peck, Boyes, Jebbo (if still here) etc to give them the first team experience they need with zero expectations or pressure. We are likely lacking in centre backs that can fill that sort of role, true, but in Egan, Robinson and Trusty we already have three players that should be more than competent at Championship level for the forthcoming season - we don't need to be signing any more of those, if we are still short of cover then a loan similar to what we tried with Ciaran Clark would suffice.

And I would not say that signing players with PL potential is in any way a luxury or something we cannot afford. True, we're never competing for someone like Cole Palmer (just a random name from a recently bumped thread), but we can absolutely be in the market for those that are not ready now, and wouldn't be ready for a couple of seasons - we just need them right now to not be a liability at Championship level

I guess it depends on what sort of squad you are trying to build, and what sort of timeframes you are trying to win promotion in. If it's a case of we can realistically go straight back up, then sure, fill out the trouble spots with one year deals (or loans for that matter) and then patch them up with longer term solutions with the PL money. Vestergaard would check that sort of box - but as stated, it is then on the player as to whether they would take such a deal.

If, however, you think promotion is unrealistic in year one, the question then becomes "what are you doing with 24/25"? The logical response would be to blood as many of the kids as possible and give as many minutes to the likes of Arblaster, Osula, Brooks, Peck, Boyes, Jebbo (if still here) etc to give them the first team experience they need with zero expectations or pressure. We are likely lacking in centre backs that can fill that sort of role, true, but in Egan, Robinson and Trusty we already have three players that should be more than competent at Championship level for the forthcoming season - we don't need to be signing any more of those, if we are still short of cover then a loan similar to what we tried with Ciaran Clark would suffice.

And I would not say that signing players with PL potential is in any way a luxury or something we cannot afford. True, we're never competing for someone like Cole Palmer (just a random name from a recently bumped thread), but we can absolutely be in the market for those that are not ready now, and wouldn't be ready for a couple of seasons - we just need them right now to not be a liability at Championship level
We can afford a few of those I'd say, but not a squad full. We have to make up a big chunk of the squad with players who can get us to where we want to be, but who may fall short at PL level. But its not realistic to expect them all to sign 1 year contracts. Giving them a 2nd year is a reasonable compromise when you're confident they'll at least be competent backup players the following season, a 3rd year may also be necessary for some. As long as they're decent players who will remain decent for that duration it's no disaster. We're also in a position now with our youth assets that enables us to sign a greater number of players who may lack long term potential/resale value

In my opinion we should be doing everything possible to get o'hare. We need a permanent signing for the Macca/MGW role and getting him on a pre-contract would keep an important loan spot free. Could work very handy to keep Hamer here and entice his mate to come too.

If Ineanacho's wages aren't silly, definitely him too.
We can’t get him on a pre-contract as we’re the same country. We’d have to wait until the summer with everyone else and I’m sure he’ll try and drag it out as long as possible.

Anyone not put two and two together about the likes of O Hare?
He’s going to be out of contract yes….but he’s going to be a very attractive squad builder player for a Premier league side.

No way he signs on next season with a champ side.

Think some need to be a little bit more realistic as to our position. Our owner cannot afford to bankroll a club which without surplus transfer funds from sales doesn’t generate sufficient revenue to pay for itself.
Therefore wages offered will be back to where they were prior to our first promotion with Wilder, and our budget being in the bottom half.
Anyone thinking we will be the big boys with our parachute money clearly weren’t paying enough attention.

Anyone not put two and two together about the likes of O Hare?
He’s going to be out of contract yes….but he’s going to be a very attractive squad builder player for a Premier league side.

No way he signs on next season with a champ side.

Think some need to be a little bit more realistic as to our position. Our owner cannot afford to bankroll a club which without surplus transfer funds from sales doesn’t generate sufficient revenue to pay for itself.
Therefore wages offered will be back to where they were prior to our first promotion with Wilder, and our budget being in the bottom half.
Anyone thinking we will be the big boys with our parachute money clearly weren’t paying enough attention.

He might get a Premier League move but I’d be very surprised if there was a list of Prem clubs wanting to sign him. I think a couple of the promoted clubs might be interested at best. Could be wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom