Championship players out of contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

i would go along with that idea if we also brought in a big physical defensive midfielder we need some physicality in our midfielder
Definitely.
We're crying out for a combative, energetic midfielder and have been for years.

Someone in the Doucoure, Bissouma, Sangare mould.

There must be loads available in France, Belgium, Netherlands etc.

Definitely.

Come on Hamza Choudhury its time. Can't see him playing in PL for Leicester.

Would any Big Fuck Off athletic midfielder necessarily be a starter if we want to be a team that controls possession though? And how many teams at that level actually have such players in reality? Someone like Ndidi is in a small minority. Plenty of teams have defensively astute CMs, but few have the BFO types we seem to constantly crave

I'd like that kind of option in CM but wouldn't commit to someone just for that role if they wouldn't be a regular. Not an optimal spend of budget. Ideally it would at least be someone who covers 2 or more positions, like Basham did

Would any Big Fuck Off athletic midfielder necessarily be a starter if we want to be a team that controls possession though? And how many teams at that level actually have such players in reality? Someone like Ndidi is in a small minority. Plenty of teams have defensively astute CMs, but few have the BFO types we seem to constantly crave

I'd like that kind of option in CM but wouldn't commit to someone just for that role if they wouldn't be a regular. Not an optimal spend of budget. Ideally it would at least be someone who covers 2 or more positions, like Basham did
Mcnair has always seemed a good replacement for Basham. He's 7 years younger I think

O'Hare and Hamer complimented each other just fine when they were teammates.

O'Hare is the one we should push the boat out for IMO. Let Hamer sit deeper and do a more box-to-box role with O'Hare acting as the main playmaker in a Duffy/McGoldrick role
Just make the nice simple food signings. Nothing fancy. Just top end championship players. Put them into a side let Wilder do his thing.

If Wilder cannot get a tune out of the best players in the league then he will be replaced and the next manager has a good shot at things too.

Very simple to do. But we know Blades will go and sign some random player.

We normally are linked with a Fenerbache player every window.

Definitely.

It's what Vini Pointer was supposed to be 🤦🏻‍♂️

Lewis O'Brien would be a good fit and more than capable in the Championship and could give us a 2024 version of the Fleck-Norwood-Duffy combo.

Fleck (O'Brien)
Norwood (Arblaster)
Duffy (Hamer)

Arblaster doesn't have Norwoods ping as such but he could still be the main playmaker and transition our play with a drop of the shoulder and carrying the ball 30 yards up the pitch. (Similar to Norwood pinging the ball out wide)

Drameh and Bates from Leeds are worth a look and there’s some stuff on Twitter linking us with Drameh but obviously that’s not the most credible source in the world

Definitely.

I posted it on another thread, Ibrahima Sissoko. He's 26 and plays for Strasbourg in Ligue 1. He's an out and out defensive midfielder. Put a tackle in, give the ball to the nearest team mate, job done type of player. He's from Mali and he's 6'4.

He's out of contract in the summer and his wages won't likely be that huge playing for Strasbourg. Their weekly wage bill is reportedly £230k per week so that's less than £10k per week, per player.

Just make the nice simple food signings. Nothing fancy. Just top end championship players. Put them into a side let Wilder do his thing.

If Wilder cannot get a tune out of the best players in the league then he will be replaced and the next manager has a good shot at things too.

Very simple to do. But we know Blades will go and sign some random player.

We normally are linked with a Fenerbache player every window.
Tend to agree.

Hamer will be high on assists and goals. Arblaster should be a good playmaker.

Add in one or two from O’Brien, Mowatt, Browne.

Look at someone like Stansfield on loan to have him in a team that isn’t (hopefully) struggling.

Get a Kipre or a Worrall and/or a McNair.

Have a look at those who got relegated from the Champ but could do it for a better team like Sanderson, Bacuna, Laird, obviously Johansson, Thomas, Rudoni etc etc.

I don’t think it should be that difficult to make a competitive team if you can keep Arblaster, Hamer, Bogle, Egan and keep them fit.

I think we could really benefit from a couple of old heads to provide some squad experience. Andreas Weimann, 32, has just been released, and Matt Philips, remember him, is set to be out of contract at WBA, I wouldn't mind either of them. Am I the only one?! 🤣

The next Ashley Ward

I'm less keen on him than I was. His lack of goals has become ridiculous, he has no excuse

I'd rather get Kieffer Moore or push for Emil Riis instead - who Wilder bid 7m for when Boro manager

We need a couple of CFs to share the load. Especially if McBurnie is one of them, as now seems more likely

Can see us being in for him
Would take Emil Riis, seems to have had a Dec from an injury that kept him out for a bit, might be remembering that a little bit wrong though.

Not sure if Liam Delap is still at City or not but I'd probably look at him as well.

Would take Emil Riis, seems to have had a Dec from an injury that kept him out for a bit, might be remembering that a little bit wrong though.

Not sure if Liam Delap is still at City or not but I'd probably look at him as well.
I really like the idea of Delap. I think his goal return has been underwhelming, so he goes under the radar a bit. But I saw a couple of Hull games, he's an absolute warrior, does all the work for others to play and he is going to get smarter around the box with experience and we really need to get the team working from the top of the field again. Would probably need to be a loan, but would be a great asset, because he is the sort of striker you can pair anyone with.

Anyone know much about Tommy Conway at Bristol City? Stalling on a new deal but at 21 he's been their top goalscorer last 2 seasons.

Admittedly I don't pay interest in some of these sides but he's one player that's seemed to catch eye.

Need to be looking at younger promising players who might have a future higher up, if we get into premiership again we don't want older players or we have to revamp the squad again, which we should have done 2 years ago, hence we were stuck with Norwood,Fleck,Basham, Sharp etc

Anyone know much about Tommy Conway at Bristol City? Stalling on a new deal but at 21 he's been their top goalscorer last 2 seasons.

Admittedly I don't pay interest in some of these sides but he's one player that's seemed to catch eye.
Seems to fly under the radar a bit, especially with Alex Scott making his big money move to Bournemouth last summer.

Bit on the older side (29) but I'd have a look at Mohammed Eisa at Mk Dons, always seemed to get consistent goals for them and potentially fallen out of favour as he spent the second half of this season on loan at Exeter.

Not seen enough of him myself but I know we were linked so wouldn’t be surprised.

Maybe he’s improved. I think he became captain if I’m not mistaken.

Sanderson was beaten to player of the season by Trusty so he needed to improve a lot!

Need to be looking at younger promising players who might have a future higher up, if we get into premiership again we don't want older players or we have to revamp the squad again, which we should have done 2 years ago, hence we were stuck with Norwood,Fleck,Basham, Sharp etc

Can't be doing that. We need experienced pros in. You win nothing with kids...

O'Hare and Hamer complimented each other just fine when they were teammates.

O'Hare is the one we should push the boat out for IMO. Let Hamer sit deeper and do a more box-to-box role with O'Hare acting as the main playmaker in a Duffy/McGoldrick role
I don't want to be funny but I'd be amazed if we could sign O'Hare. Why would he leave Coventry for united? I'd imagine he would rather stay put than come to us. I know we did it with Fleck but I can't see him coming. I'd imagine he'll go to a promoted club. If he does I'll be the first to say it's a great signing.

Can't be doing that. We need experienced pros in. You win nothing with kids...
Like we are winning things now? We have enough experienced pros to play alongside

Might be worth noting those that are no longer out of contract from the list too.

Not everyone is a member of Fuckaround FC like us.

For example Jimmy Dunne signed a new deal a while back with QPR, so if he is a target then he’s a more expensive one now.

Back
Top Bottom