Championship players out of contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

i would go along with that idea if we also brought in a big physical defensive midfielder we need some physicality in our midfielder
Definitely.
We're crying out for a combative, energetic midfielder and have been for years.

Someone in the Doucoure, Bissouma, Sangare mould.

There must be loads available in France, Belgium, Netherlands etc.

Would any Big Fuck Off athletic midfielder necessarily be a starter if we want to be a team that controls possession though? And how many teams at that level actually have such players in reality? Someone like Ndidi is in a small minority. Plenty of teams have defensively astute CMs, but few have the BFO types we seem to constantly crave

I'd like that kind of option in CM but wouldn't commit to someone just for that role if they wouldn't be a regular. Not an optimal spend of budget. Ideally it would at least be someone who covers 2 or more positions, like Basham did

Would any Big Fuck Off athletic midfielder necessarily be a starter if we want to be a team that controls possession though? And how many teams at that level actually have such players in reality? Someone like Ndidi is in a small minority. Plenty of teams have defensively astute CMs, but few have the BFO types we seem to constantly crave

I'd like that kind of option in CM but wouldn't commit to someone just for that role if they wouldn't be a regular. Not an optimal spend of budget. Ideally it would at least be someone who covers 2 or more positions, like Basham did
Mcnair has always seemed a good replacement for Basham. He's 7 years younger I think

O'Hare and Hamer complimented each other just fine when they were teammates.

O'Hare is the one we should push the boat out for IMO. Let Hamer sit deeper and do a more box-to-box role with O'Hare acting as the main playmaker in a Duffy/McGoldrick role
Just make the nice simple food signings. Nothing fancy. Just top end championship players. Put them into a side let Wilder do his thing.

If Wilder cannot get a tune out of the best players in the league then he will be replaced and the next manager has a good shot at things too.

Very simple to do. But we know Blades will go and sign some random player.

We normally are linked with a Fenerbache player every window.

Definitely.
We're crying out for a combative, energetic midfielder and have been for years.

Someone in the Doucoure, Bissouma, Sangare mould.

There must be loads available in France, Belgium, Netherlands etc.
It's what Vini Pointer was supposed to be 🤦🏻‍♂️

Lewis O'Brien would be a good fit and more than capable in the Championship and could give us a 2024 version of the Fleck-Norwood-Duffy combo.

Fleck (O'Brien)
Norwood (Arblaster)
Duffy (Hamer)

Arblaster doesn't have Norwoods ping as such but he could still be the main playmaker and transition our play with a drop of the shoulder and carrying the ball 30 yards up the pitch. (Similar to Norwood pinging the ball out wide)

Back
Top Bottom