Our fans. What's happened

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

great atmosphere are myths, people only remember the special nights when it was rocking, but like they say about christmas. if it was everyday it would be mundane. i can say ive noticed anything different over the last 10 years

Could not say it any better
Most look disinterested seems to be no urgency no desire no passion and worst of all no leadership on the pitch
'Leadership' is the one word I had intended to put but didn't.
Unfortunately, we haven't had any for good while now and we are left with the 'excuse-making' and the 'shoulder-shrugging' children we now watch. The team's reaction when Blackpool scored the goal was very telling. No desire to get the ball back in play, no urgency to put things right, and no obvious determination or belief to get something in the last 10-15 minutes.
We just accepted defeat...again. The majority of our players are just cowards hiding behind a veneer of a lack of confidence.
utb

Absolutely perfect.
It's not every day you see a bloke walking past St George's Church carrying a cross on his shoulder so I thought I'd better take a photo, pretty damn quick. Don't worry though, I soon focused my phone on the real apple of my eye, Sharpella sitting on her perch looking every inch the film-star that she is.

IMG_20211030_133817.jpg

Reactions: cc1
It's not every day you see a bloke walking past St George's Church carrying a cross on his shoulder so I thought I'd better take a photo, pretty damn quick. Don't worry though, I soon focused my phone on the real apple of my eye, Sharpella sitting on her perch looking every inch the film-star that she is.

View attachment 123887

It was admittedly a dreadful atmosphere at the match today and I put it down to one thing, Sheffield United fans are not stupid we know when we have a shit team apathy has truly set in. Don't expect the fans to be bothered when most of the team don't look like they give a toss if they lose. It will not get better until the majority of this squad are shipped out and replaced with some players who have a bit of pride in what they do.
Too many are stupid and sorry to say you're one of them if you think most of the team didn't give a toss about losing today.

The faces and reaction of pretty much all of them as they came off at the end said it all.

The majority of our fans are very intelligent,

They are not thick, deluded, stupid or moronic

They know what they are seeing, and they know League One is coming again, same as it always does.

So anybody that expects clapping, cheering, chanting and delusion is amongst our thickest, stupidest and most moronic of supporter.

And they should just fuck off, with their half hearted attempts at blaming our fans for every single thing that goes wrong with this cunt of a fucking football club

Too many are stupid and sorry to say you're one of them if you think most of the team didn't give a toss about losing today.

The faces and reaction of pretty much all of them as they came off at the end said it all.

Really? So you don't think this shower of shit too readily accept defeat?
These players are basically the same players that were storming it in the Premier league just two years ago yet here we are sent packing by a team fresh out of league one. What I see is a squad of players who Chris Wilder accurately publicly described after the Leicester away defeat as Championship and league one level. Chris Wilder couldn't get a tune out of them in our 2nd Premier league season, Paul Heckinbottom did little better in his short stint and now Jokanovic failing to get them playing to a decent level. It all says to me that tactics and formations by three different managers are not the issue here, the issue is squarely on the players in a lot of cases they are just not good enough to sustain high levels of performance required and those that are can't be arsed to do it.
They were all rewarded generously when promoted to the Premier league maybe the issue is they have now had to take a pay cut allegedly but still they are paid more money in a week than a lot of who turn up to watch them get paid in a year. It pains me when I see players like Stevens, Fleck, Norwood, Hourihane, Egan, McBurnie etc going through the motions, these are international players don't forget don't they have any pride in what they do? Lose any or all of them and it wouldn't make us any worse, says it all to me when a kid fresh from the under 23's looks to be our best player. Sorry but I can't defend this squad any longer we need a clear out and fast. The other week Brewster and McBurnie were sat on the bench laughing and joking while we went down to another defeat, Brewster can't even make the squad Mcburnie came on yesterday in the last 15mins and his sole contribution was a header to no one the rest of the 15mins were spent having a slow jog around pointing, the twat didn't even break into a sweat that's how much it means to these wage thieves. Meanwhile we are playing a couple of players who are now well into their 30's and at the end of their careers.

As I said from my opening post, I expected some criticism as it was my first post. First watched utd as a 6 year old in the early 70s and held a season ticket since 1984. Yes I've seen the hood days and the bad ones. I know my place, dared to post a comment that's true but not nice for people to acknowledge. Back in my box and maybe dare to post again in another 15 months.
You shouldn't have to feel like this posting your Blades opinions on a fan's forum, which is entirely what it's for. Ignore the trolls and the acidic posts - that's social media for you.

9 of todays squad was in the squad who beat chelsea 3 nil july 2020. The support that day was amazing.
You’re either a bleeding moron or you’re trolling us. Can’t decide which, on the basis that you think the support was amazing in July 2020 against Chelsea when it was behind closed doors and we had zero fans in the stadium. I’ll forgive the spelling mistake of bramall lane but fuck me you are starting to ask for abuse at this point. That’s before I get to your criticism of our fans of which I mostly agree with.

You’re either a bleeding moron or you’re trolling us. Can’t decide which, on the basis that you think the support was amazing in July 2020 against Chelsea when it was behind closed doors and we had zero fans in the stadium. I’ll forgive the spelling mistake of bramall lane but fuck me you are starting to ask for abuse at this point. That’s before I get to your criticism of our fans of which I mostly agree with.
Start to ask for abuse ?? For an oversight and spelling mistakes this place takes the piss

The Kop needs some unreserved seating at the back, centre. Right now you’ve got old people (probably had the same seats for 20 years) sat like cardboard cutouts, in the place where historically the atmosphere was generated.

You dropped a rick with the spelling, but this forum is like this. Pluck up courage to post, one typo and you're a pig, it's ridiculous.

I think you have a point. The atmosphere at the Birmingham game was good, but aside from this I think it's been meh. The team aren't great, but as supporters we can create an atmosphere and make it intimidating. It was fantastic prior to lockdown, considering how much we have all missed it, I thought we would have been giving it large, but not really felt it so far. I'm looking forward to Florist on Tuesday, hopefully we can get behind the team properly there.

UTB
It really wasn’t fantastic pre lockdown.Bar a few big games it was bang average.It has got worse though.

I don’t think it should come as that much of a surprise really when you compare what happened under Wilder to where we are now. It would have been more apparent in the second Prem season if fans were allowed in.

I doubt we are any different to any other team in the league in this respect to be honest, just the way it is (though maybe things have changed in general over the years). There is a nervousness amongst the fans when things aren’t going well.
Poor excuse.Much worse teams have a better atmosphere than us .

I can't really fault the fans for not chanting today. They came into the match hoping that we might win. Two big words there, hope and might. No confidence at all. Most probably expected us to play well but not take our chances and for the defence to let in the obligatory goal. All of the premonitions came true.

It's hard to motivate yourself to sing for a team who you know are going to let you down in the exact way that you expect. This isn't blind pessimism, it's all got substance.

Nearly 28,000 pessimistic fans expecting their side to let them down and not seeing anything to suggest otherwise.
Just crap excuses.I’m pretty certain more blades would have tipped us to win yesterday than lose.

First post on the site so I know I'm open to criticism but what's happened to our fans. Today Blackpool massively out sang us. This season both home and away its bring the same story.we used to make a a difference, the 12th man not any more. Bramhall lane used to be a fortress now it's like a library. Yes the players need to turn up week in week out and perform but so do us fans. In the wilder days we did. Whats changed. We all expect the team to step up and perform. If the fans lead by example maybe the team will follow
Our fans get behind the team if they can see they're putting a shift in, which the current lot aren't.

They say a team mirrors the image of the manager, no passion or desire, shuffle off straight down the tunnel at full time, yep that's our team at the minute.

Quite obviously a pig on the OP.
Anyway, far and away the best supported championship club by number, and remind me how well the team is doing? 18th? How many home wins? Might be quietish at the lane recently but its amazing support given that the team regularly concedes last minute goals at home.
So much bigger and better amd more supportive than the poster will ever see down his beloved theatre of rust.
Aye
We’re pretty good @ booing n’all

Sheffield people aren't expressive at the best of times. It's never going to be like Dortmund is it? I don't know why people are so surprised. South Yorkshire is packed full of grumpy blokes wearing flat caps and moaning about life. Why should Bramall Lane be any different? If you want atmosphere then go and live in Germany.

The majority of our fans are very intelligent,

They are not thick, deluded, stupid or moronic

They know what they are seeing, and they know League One is coming again, same as it always does.

So anybody that expects clapping, cheering, chanting and delusion is amongst our thickest, stupidest and most moronic of supporter.

And they should just fuck off, with their half hearted attempts at blaming our fans for every single thing that goes wrong with this cunt of a fucking football club
In other words, you’re saying we’re fair weather fans?

“cunt of a fucking football club”? Pist or Pork?

Sheffield people aren't expressive at the best of times. It's never going to be like Dortmund is it? I don't know why people are so surprised. South Yorkshire is packed full of grumpy blokes wearing flat caps and moaning about life. Why should Bramall Lane be any different? If you want atmosphere then go and live in Germany.

Thought a black hole had formed around my armchair then and I'd slipped back in time a century or two.

Plan B could be for more people to join the rest of us trying to create an atmosphere I spose. 🤔

Probably because we keep getting done at home this season and last season wasnt exactly inspiring stuff.

Back
Top Bottom