Our fans. What's happened

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

?

From the short time I've known you (since the beginning of this thread), I didn't have sarcasm down as being part of your armoury.

By the way, I do agree with your original point about the rubbish atmosphere today, but I'm not very impressed with your grammar. I am a bit of a grammatical snob though.
I will work on my grammar for the next time i post.sorry

It helps if we score goals and stop missing straight forward chances every week for starters

Quite obviously a pig on the OP.
Anyway, far and away the best supported championship club by number, and remind me how well the team is doing? 18th? How many home wins? Might be quietish at the lane recently but its amazing support given that the team regularly concedes last minute goals at home.
So much bigger and better amd more supportive than the poster will ever see down his beloved theatre of rust.

Not a pig or Blackpool. Blades through and through and a season ticket holder since 80s. Maybe you disagree and believe our fans are still as loud as they were 2 years ago or maybe your haven't being this year? Either way fans backing the team and singing throughout the game cant make the performance any worse
If your on here mate you better get used to some of the wankers pulling you up over the spelling

I was sat on my own today so I took the executive decision to stick my earbuds in and listen to an UndrTheCosh Podcast.

I'm usually dead against anything modern that erodes the traditional matchday experience, but today it was either that or listen to the Wybourne family equivalent of Jeff Stelling behind me ("Steyve, Fleytwud av scuwered ahgenst Bristol"), the 17 stone 'Pele in hindsight' commentary over my right shoulder ("What Baldock/Norwood/Ndiaye should've done there is XYZ...") or the fiercely miserable old prick 5 seats to my left.

It's sad to say this but my matchday experience was much better then it would've been if I hadn't had my precious earpods today.

If I pull somebody up for it, it's not because I'm a wanker (although I can be at times), it's because of my love for the English language, and also because I wish to encourage people to improve. A point well-made is even more powerful when it is a well-made point, with proper spacing and question marks in all the right places, is it not?

In the meantime, here's a photograph of a bloke bearing a cross past the home of Sharpy and Sharpella the Sheffield Peregrine Falcons earlier today.

IMG_20211030_133556.jpg

I put it down to PTSD from last season, it's gonna take patience and time before we're all back to ourselves again..........

Nurse !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you've hit the nail on the head.. I'm still stunned and often get caught with my mouth open dribbling slightly.
I'm just fucking puzzled.
But I've lived this slide a few times.
UTB

Another home loss. More it's the fan's fault posts on this forum. What about the idiots from Blackpool who ran on the pitch. Dont mention them eh? What about the zero desire from our defence. And the lack of passion and motivation from our coaches. Dont mention that though when you can slag off fellow unitedites. Pathetic.

If I pull somebody up for it, it's not because I'm a wanker (although I can be at times), it's because of my love for the English language, and also because I wish to encourage people to improve. A point well-made is even more powerful when it is a well-made point, with proper spacing and question marks in all the right places, is it not?

In the meantime, here's a photograph of a bloke bearing a cross past the home of Sharpy and Sharpella the Sheffield Peregrine Falcons earlier today.

View attachment 123873

We all have our cross to bare...sorry Greenwich Blade I couldn't help myself!

Quite obviously a pig on the OP.
Anyway, far and away the best supported championship club by number, and remind me how well the team is doing? 18th? How many home wins? Might be quietish at the lane recently but its amazing support given that the team regularly concedes last minute goals at home.
So much bigger and better amd more supportive than the poster will ever see down his beloved theatre of
As I said from my opening post, I expected some criticism as it was my first post. First watched utd as a 6 year old in the early 70s and held a season ticket since 1984. Yes I've seen the hood days and the bad ones. I know my place, dared to post a comment that's true but not nice for people to acknowledge. Back in my box and maybe dare to post again in another 15 months.

I can't really fault the fans for not chanting today. They came into the match hoping that we might win. Two big words there, hope and might. No confidence at all. Most probably expected us to play well but not take our chances and for the defence to let in the obligatory goal. All of the premonitions came true.

It's hard to motivate yourself to sing for a team who you know are going to let you down in the exact way that you expect. This isn't blind pessimism, it's all got substance.

Nearly 28,000 pessimistic fans expecting their side to let them down and not seeing anything to suggest otherwise.

As I said from my opening post, I expected some criticism as it was my first post. First watched utd as a 6 year old in the early 70s and held a season ticket since 1984. Yes I've seen the hood days and the bad ones. I know my place, dared to post a comment that's true but not nice for people to acknowledge. Back in my box and maybe dare to post again in another 15 months.

This is a forum for opinions so don't be put off - other posters have agreed with you.

I would anticipate another 'hood' day against Forest on Tuesday though!

Well, I think it’s a collective realisation that we are actually shit...

Being a member of the site for 2 years. Only chose to comment today as I was very disappointed how quiet our fans were today. I didn't join the site 2 years ago just to have a dig tonight. Maybe I'm.wrong. maybe today the fans out sung Blackpool and I didnt notice. I sit on the kop. Maybe the other 3 sides were louder. I know Blackpool's was. Not everyone who has a different opinion to you is a pig fan.
Lol. No. Atmosphere? What atmosphere? There wasn't one 😂

View attachment 123873
Not got a clue on the second part of the post but loved it anyway, hope its complete irreverence Greenwich, that would be perfect.

I can't really fault the fans for not chanting today. They came into the match hoping that we might win. Two big words there, hope and might. No confidence at all. Most probably expected us to play well but not take our chances and for the defence to let in the obligatory goal. All of the premonitions came true.

It's hard to motivate yourself to sing for a team who you know are going to let you down in the exact way that you expect. This isn't blind pessimism, it's all got substance.

Nearly 28,000 pessimistic fans expecting their side to let them down and not seeing anything to suggest otherwise.
Spot on, Pal. I genuinely 'hoped' we'd win today.
Same pathetic, unforced errors from the same players. The same heads dropping when things don't go well. The same terrible decision-making. The same appalling finishing when we actually decide we are going to create a chance or have a shot after we've overplayed for the umpteenth time. The same inevitability in the last 20 minutes that our crap defence were going to concede a stupid goal.
The atmosphere is crap because it's the 'same old, same old', most games at BDTBL. It's frustrating and it's boring!
I love United but, at the moment, I genuinely wouldn't be bothered about missing a game or two as I'm not getting any pleasure from watching them.
After 15 games this season, where there has been(imo) absolutely NO improvement on last season's humiliation and capitulation, the only really surprising thing is that there are still 26,500 poor sods turning up to watch these cowards and wage-stealing mental weaklings pull on the red and white shirt every home game.
utb

First post on the site so I know I'm open to criticism but what's happened to our fans. Today Blackpool massively out sang us. This season both home and away its bring the same story.we used to make a a difference, the 12th man not any more. Bramhall lane used to be a fortress now it's like a library. Yes the players need to turn up week in week out and perform but so do us fans. In the wilder days we did. Whats changed. We all expect the team to step up and perform. If the fans lead by example maybe the team will follow
It’s still a fortress.

A fortress of solitude.

1635625793759.gif

Spot on, Pal. I genuinely 'hoped' we'd win today.
Same pathetic, unforced errors from the same players. The same heads dropping when things don't go well. The same terrible decision-making. The same appalling finishing when we actually decide we are going to create a chance or have a shot after we've overplayed for the umpteenth time. The same inevitability in the last 20 minutes that our crap defence were going to concede a stupid goal.
The atmosphere is crap because it's the 'same old, same old', most games at BDTBL. It's frustrating and it's boring!
I love United but, at the moment, I genuinely wouldn't be bothered about missing a game or two as I'm not getting any pleasure from watching them.
After 15 games this season, where there has been(imo) absolutely NO improvement on last season's humiliation and capitulation, the only really surprising thing is that there are still 26,500 poor sods turning up to watch these cowards and wage-stealing mental weaklings pull on the red and white shirt every home game.
utb
Could not say it any better
Most look disinterested seems to be no urgency no desire no passion and worst of all no leadership on the pitch

If the ownership put a flag on each seat it would certainly make a difference. They need to do something

Back
Top Bottom