Our fans. What's happened

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

B u a Blade

Reaction score
First post on the site so I know I'm open to criticism but what's happened to our fans. Today Blackpool massively out sang us. This season both home and away its bring the same story.we used to make a a difference, the 12th man not any more. Bramhall lane used to be a fortress now it's like a library. Yes the players need to turn up week in week out and perform but so do us fans. In the wilder days we did. Whats changed. We all expect the team to step up and perform. If the fans lead by example maybe the team will follow

First post on the site so I know I'm open to criticism but what's happened to our fans. Today Blackpool massively out sang us. This season both home and away its bring the same story.we used to make a a difference, the 12th man not any more. Bramhall lane used to be a fortress now it's like a library. Yes the players need to turn up week in week out and perform but so do us fans. In the wilder days we did. Whats changed. We all expect the team to step up and perform. If the fans lead by example maybe the team will follow
Where the fck is Bramhall Lane? Cracking point for your lot at the mighty Cheltenham.

It's this kind of obvious spelling mistake that means I'll put you straight on ignore..

Plenty of top sides have libraries for grounds so that means little in terms of results. The team is frail defensively, lacks a spine and has too much expensive deadwood. Oh and if you're a swillsborough pig then well done getting a point off mighty Cheltenham

Can't work out if you're a pig or a Blackpool fan

Not a pig or Blackpool. Blades through and through and a season ticket holder since 80s. Maybe you disagree and believe our fans are still as loud as they were 2 years ago or maybe your haven't being this year? Either way fans backing the team and singing throughout the game cant make the performance any worse

You dropped a rick with the spelling, but this forum is like this. Pluck up courage to post, one typo and you're a pig, it's ridiculous.

I think you have a point. The atmosphere at the Birmingham game was good, but aside from this I think it's been meh. The team aren't great, but as supporters we can create an atmosphere and make it intimidating. It was fantastic prior to lockdown, considering how much we have all missed it, I thought we would have been giving it large, but not really felt it so far. I'm looking forward to Florist on Tuesday, hopefully we can get behind the team properly there.

UTB

Being a member of the site for 2 years. Only chose to comment today as I was very disappointed how quiet our fans were today. I didn't join the site 2 years ago just to have a dig tonight. Maybe I'm.wrong. maybe today the fans out sung Blackpool and I didnt notice. I sit on the kop. Maybe the other 3 sides were louder. I know Blackpool's was. Not everyone who has a different opinion to you is a pig fan.

Being a member of the site for 2 years. Only chose to comment today as I was very disappointed how quiet our fans were today. I didn't join the site 2 years ago just to have a dig tonight. Maybe I'm.wrong. maybe today the fans out sung Blackpool and I didnt notice. I sit on the kop. Maybe the other 3 sides were louder. I know Blackpool's was. Not everyone who has a different opinion to you is a pig fan.
🐷

Not a pig or Blackpool. Blades through and through and a season ticket holder since 80s. Maybe you disagree and believe our fans are still as loud as they were 2 years ago or maybe your haven't being this year? Either way fans backing the team and singing throughout the game cant make the performance any worse
I put it down to PTSD from last season, it's gonna take patience and time before we're all back to ourselves again..........

Nurse !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their fans are all pissed on a day sesh, lets see how it is at Blackburn next week

I was in the BL upper so granted that's a way away from the kop, but I never heard the kop today it was very quiet all day as if we'll only sing when we go one up. If we can create a better atmospheric then I think we'd lift the team but too many of our fans don't sing enough on the kop, particularly when we're level or losing which is when you need your fans. It was embarrassing to be honest.

I'm not one to blame the fans, in fact I think it's a little pathetic to have a go at the people who pay to be there rather than the very handsomely remunerated players on the pitch.

All that being said, I did think the fans were a bit poor today.

I was in the BL upper so granted that's a way away from the kop, but I never heard the kop today it was very quiet all day as if we'll only sing when we go one up. If we can create a better atmospheric then I think we'd lift the team but too many of our fans don't sing enough on the kop, particularly when we're level or losing which is when you need your fans. It was embarrassing to be honest.

It's been like this for years, sadly. Many other grounds are the same but many aren't. The atmosphere at the Lane went downhill after the club sanitised G&H blocks on the South Stand. The atmosphere in the early 2000s was great. The atmosphere on the kop can be great but so many aren't interested. The only hope is some rail seating/standing and designate it a 'singing section'.

Back
Top Bottom